Television Discussion

Ooh, kickass. Mom splurged and got some streaming bundle. Which means we have Hulu now, which means I can finally watch Letterkenny without having to use...less ethical sources. Awesome.

Asq1RKl.gif

I can't believe McMurry learned to talk normally for the new Saw movie. It was too weird not to seem him mumbling.

got bored so i decided to watch After Life
I knew that it was a good show since Ricky Gervais is there but I never expected that I would love it from the start
Ricky's character in the show is pretty great with his always suicidal and cynical outlook on life

The Watch
Ehrm, I don't really know what to think. Even if I try my hardest to separate it from Pratchett's books, it still feels a bit undercooked. And the more I try to separate the show from the books, the more I see this as a show forced use an IP to try and get some name recognition. I don't really think it was the case, but it sure feels that way. Oh, well, it's the way of the future with most nerd media being relegated to IP farms for Hollywood.

Wendell Pierce as Death feels pretty inspired, though.

Now this is what I missed about Letterkenny. The scraps. They always have good songs during a scrap. And look at my boy Jonesy just dropping the stunner. Good stuff.

Decided to watch Downton Abbey last night, and I'm 2 1/2 episodes in so far, and love it.

Watched the 1st episode of Fuller House, and thought it was ok, but I definitely like Full House better.

Also for those possibly wondering if I'm still watching Asian drama's, yes, and Meteor Garden has been interesting, (I'm like 30+ episodes in) but the MC girl honestly frustrates me sometimes. I don't hate her, but man, make up your mind, woman! :megusta:

The Untamed (can't remember how many episodes I'm on) is still interesting, but man, I didn't think it'd turn so depressing... ;-;

The Untamed (can't remember how many episodes I'm on) is still interesting, but man, I didn't think it'd turn so depressing... ;-;
I have yet to finish Untamed but I have read and watched Mo Dao Zu Shi. I just went into it to see the Chinese animation because my friend said it was nice. I was completely unprepared lol

I have yet to finish Untamed but I have read and watched Mo Dao Zu Shi. I just went into it to see the Chinese animation because my friend said it was nice. I was completely unprepared lol
I almost thought about watching Mo Dao Zu Shi first, but my friend practically BEGGED me to start with The Untamed lol. XD Mo Dao Zu Shi is definitely one that I want to watch at some point.

Man, I forgot how fucked up the context of this meme was. Still dying from laughter so hard about this episode, I think I'm gonna shit myself. CAN I OFFER YOU A NICE EGG IN THIS TRYING TIME?

So the Loki series dropped, huh? That would explain why Tumblr set itself on fire.
Tumblr does tend to work itself into a frenzy over snarky, amoral characters who wear green and have black hair.

Cripes, I still remember when the whole website was thirsting over the freaking Once-Ler...

Loki

Episode 1

Well after Wandavision being 50% great, 40% meh and 10% plain awful, the Falcon and Winter Soldier being more like 75% great and 25% wasted potential, Loki has to do better, doesn't it?

I think we're all aware now that the Marvel franchise is just as capable of utter dreck (Doctor Strange) as it is incredible action movies, so you never really know what you're going to get going into them. The Thor movies have the best characters by far, but even then they can still shit out The Dark World. However, they've given Thor the best long running character arc out of the entire franchise, and Loki obviously played a huge part of that.

So then going into this, then, could still swing either way, and I'm happy to report that the first episode falls onto the positive end of the scale. Considering the amount of exposition that was necessary this episode for us to understand what the hell was going on, they somehow managed to make the entire episode interesting.

This is helped by Tom Hiddleston being brilliant in the role, but also Owen Wilson basically just playing Owen Wilson as TimeCop. The premise has me hooked because there is so much scope there, they could throw Loki at any situation at any time in the history of human civilisation, and that whole idea is pretty damn mouth watering.

My favourite scene was
Loki viewing the events that lead to the death of his mother, seeing that he develops an actual relationship with Thor, and then seeing his own death at the hands Thanos.

There's not just scope for some great stories here, there also seems to be scope for some amazing visuals too, there were a couple of set pieces here that really caught my eye, it's almost American Gothic, and it'll be interesting to see if that kind of atmosphere permeates the storytelling.

Needless to say I'm excited for more.

Back