Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
I just threw away some perfectly fine napkins despite using some of them already because I was being bothered by the fact I wasn't sure if they had touched an ill defined part of the floor that I had deemed contaminated. I think I may have legitimate OCD at this point.

LT: I was supposed to describe a scenery as a language exercise, but I ended writing a whole story. It's the first short story I wrote, and I'm kinda proud of it. Here it is if you feel like reading, lol.

The dance of the Fireflies

When I got that letter, I couldn't stop my tears from escaping and walking on my cheeks. I didn’t want to cry for such a horrible person, yet my heart didn’t understand that. Why was that? Why am I here? He is a criminal, he doesn’t deserve my pity.

It’s uncomfortable coming to this town again. I built up my life far away, but I keep coming back, and the memories come back too. We used to play on this beautiful golden meadow. Every tiny thing reminds me of him. The smell of the air, the song of the wind, the sunset painted on the sky. Everything. Although these are happy memories, they bring nothing but melancholy to my heart.

In those times, everything was perfect. My family was poor, but it was enough for me to just be with him. When my parents would argue, he would hold my hand and take me to this beautiful land. There wasn’t a day when we wouldn’t visit this landscape. What a beautiful life. My favorite moment was to see the fireflies with him by my side. When the butterflies went to sleep, the fireflies would come out to show off their shine in a beautiful dance. The best scenery was to see his glowing eyes. I would ask how could such an insect make a pretty shine, and he would always answer: “I don’t know, but ill study them till I find an answer to your question!” It’s truly a pity that this place will be stained by blood today.

I finally arrived. I couldn’t believe it. He changed a lot since we last meet. He had lost the shine in his eyes. He was taller. He was skinnier, almost starving. His body was covered in bruises, scratches, and injuries. It was to be expected, no prisoner likes a parent killer in their cell.

It was time. I blended into the crowd as to not cross-eyes, but my heart was screaming for his attention. I wish we could have talked one more time.

As a thousand thoughts, possibilities and regrets ran through my mind, the executioner interrupted me. “Today we meet here to end the life of this criminal. This vile man murdered his parents because supposedly they were going to sell his sister to our king as a prostitute. What a disgusting man! Staining the king's name! Thus, I will behead him to defend the honor of our monarchy! "

Those words came in and out of my mind. The only thing I was thinking was, “What would have happened if I wasn’t born?” He would probably be living a happy life with mom and dad. He wasted his life for a person like me, how stupid of him.

I love you and I hate you.

Goodbye, brother.

Ryougi Shiki?

Texas from Arknights. But you're right, I should add another Shiki figure to the shelf during my next cycle of purchases.

Man, I can't believe how much stuff I've been able to buy, fix, and upgrade since paying off my student loans. It hasn't even been a year and I've got a new TV, new computer, new chair and monitor, a shit ton of manga and anime, tools, etc. God, getting out of debt was really liberating.

LT: I was supposed to describe a scenery as a language exercise, but I ended writing a whole story. It's the first short story I wrote, and I'm kinda proud of it. Here it is if you feel like reading, lol.

When I got that letter, I couldn't stop my tears from escaping and walking on my cheeks. I didn’t want to cry for such a horrible person, yet my heart didn’t understand that. Why was that? Why am I here? He is a criminal, he doesn’t deserve my pity.

It’s uncomfortable coming to this town again. I built up my life far away, but I keep coming back, and the memories come back too. We used to play on this beautiful golden meadow. Every tiny thing reminds me of him. The smell of the air, the song of the wind, the sunset painted on the sky. Everything. Although these are happy memories, they bring nothing but melancholy to my heart.

In those times, everything was perfect. My family was poor, but it was enough for me to just be with him. When my parents would argue, he would hold my hand and take me to this beautiful land. There wasn’t a day when we wouldn’t visit this landscape. What a beautiful life. My favorite moment was to see the fireflies with him by my side. When the butterflies went to sleep, the fireflies would come out to show off their shine in a beautiful dance. The best scenery was to see his glowing eyes. I would ask how could such an insect make a pretty shine, and he would always answer: “I don’t know, but ill study them till I find an answer to your question!” It’s truly a pity that this place will be stained by blood today.

I finally arrived. I couldn’t believe it. He changed a lot since we last meet. He had lost the shine in his eyes. He was taller. He was skinnier, almost starving. His body was covered in bruises, scratches, and injuries. It was to be expected, no prisoner likes a parent killer in their cell.

It was time. I blended into the crowd as to not cross-eyes, but my heart was screaming for his attention. I wish we could have talked one more time.

As a thousand thoughts, possibilities and regrets ran through my mind, the executioner interrupted me. “Today we meet here to end the life of this criminal. This vile man murdered his parents because supposedly they were going to sell his sister to our king as a prostitute. What a disgusting man! Staining the king's name! Thus, I will behead him to defend the honor of our monarchy! "

Those words came in and out of my mind. The only thing I was thinking was, “What would have happened if I wasn’t born?” He would probably be living a happy life with mom and dad. He wasted his life for a person like me, how stupid of him.

Goodbye, brother.
Wow, this is such a great text. And the twist about
her being his sister
was pretty good too. Maybe you should consider becoming a writer or something. Just a couple of things I thought:
Is "tears [...] walking on my cheeks" a legit expression in english? I'm not a native english speaker either, but I've never seen this turn of phrase before. It does sound poetic though, so maybe your teacher won't mind.
However what your teacher will probably mind is that this doesn't really describe the scenery that much (btw, by scenery you meant landscape, not scene - as in incident - right?). What I got about the scenery mentioned was that it was "golden" (maybe a field of wheat?) and that it had butterflies during the day and fireflies at night (and also some stuff about the air, the wind and the sunset, but it was poetic and vague, and thus not very descriptive). Presumably your teacher wanted a more detailed scenery description, so maybe even if they like your piece in terms of literary style, they might consider it out of topic in regards to it being a school assignment. In your place, I would consider writing another piece that's purely senery description in order to still have something to turn in if this one is dismissed as off-topic.

Goodbye, brother.

Ooh, this was awesome! What an interesting and touching short story. Pretty well-written, it made me curious about a number of things. We actually have a writing thread, if you feel so inclined to post there: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/the-writing-operation.332249/

Texas from Arknights. But you're right, I should add another Shiki figure to the shelf during my next cycle of purchases.

Man, I can't believe how much stuff I've been able to buy, fix, and upgrade since paying off my student loans. It hasn't even been a year and I've got a new TV, new computer, new chair and monitor, a shit ton of manga and anime, tools, etc. God, getting out of debt was really liberating.

She is also worthy- so cute! You deserve the reward for all your hard work all these years.

Texas from Arknights.
844.jpg

Wow, this is such a great text. And the twist about
her being his sister
was pretty good too. Maybe you should consider becoming a writer or something.
Ooh, this was awesome! What an interesting and touching short story. Pretty well-written, it made me curious about a number of things. We actually have a writing thread, if you feel so inclined to post there: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/the-writing-operation.332249/
Thank you, and ill check out that thread ^^
Is "tears [...] walking on my cheeks" a legit expression in english? I'm not a native english speaker either, but I've never seen this turn of phrase before. It does sound poetic though, so maybe your teacher won't mind.
Ahh, Im not native English either. Actually I wrote it in Spanish first but since I had free time I translated it. So some phrases are a little weird. Now that I think about it, maybe "The tears raced on my face" it's a better way to describe it.
(btw, by scenery you meant landscape, not scene - as in incident - right?)
Yup. For the assignment we had to choose between a describing a landscape or a hospitals emergency room.
However what your teacher will probably mind is that this doesn't really describe the scenery that much (btw, by scenery you meant landscape, not scene - as in incident - right?). What I got about the scenery mentioned was that it was "golden" (maybe a field of wheat?) and that it had butterflies during the day and fireflies at night (and also some stuff about the air, the wind and the sunset, but it was poetic and vague, and thus not very descriptive). Presumably your teacher wanted a more detailed scenery description, so maybe even if they like your piece in terms of literary style, they might consider it out of topic in regards to it being a school assignment. In your place, I would consider writing another piece that's purely senery description in order to still have something to turn in if this one is dismissed as off-topic.
I wasn't paying attention when she explained the activity, but I think she said we had to choose between describing a landscape or narrating a story, so I might be safe. I have a zoom with her latter in the day so ill tell you late what she says ^^

Is discord down for anyone else? I keep getting that "update failed, retrying" loop over and over.

Update: Seems to be working now!

Last edited:
Back