Osamake: Romcom Where The Childhood Friend Won't Lose

Wait ok so from what u guys have seen so far. Do u recommend watching it or dropping it? Cuz I'm seriously reaching nowhere reading all the discussion. It's like everyone is so confused figuring out what's going on that I can't decide if I want to or dont want to watch it. I tried watching it but shut down my device 2 minutes into the first episode. But then many people here did the same but are still here. So what do I do??
It is bad, very bad. I think it is a show so bad it is funny because it is bad.

Wait ok so from what u guys have seen so far. Do u recommend watching it or dropping it? Cuz I'm seriously reaching nowhere reading all the discussion. It's like everyone is so confused figuring out what's going on that I can't decide if I want to or dont want to watch it. I tried watching it but shut down my device 2 minutes into the first episode. But then many people here did the same but are still here. So what do I do??

The question is, what are you expecting?

Are you watching an anime for the really good romance and well thought out comedy?

Then don't bother with this series

Are you watching an anime that's basically a trainwreck that needs to embrace it's status as a trainwreck to be worth watching?

This is a trainwreck that might end up interesting to watch if it can manage to be goofy enough.
For now, steer clear.

The question is, what are you expecting?

Are you watching an anime for the really good romance and well thought out comedy?

Then don't bother with this series

Are you watching an anime that's basically a trainwreck that needs to embrace it's status as a trainwreck to be worth watching?

This is a trainwreck that might end up interesting to watch if it can manage to be goofy enough.
For now, steer clear.
Okay... That made it sound a bit interesting. I'll have to ask myself that question. But wow... Dude ur way with words is kinda cool.

I see replies i must respond to, my life depends on it!
WE GOT THE ONII-CHAN CHARACTER, I KNEW IT HAD TO BE COMING.
Whats a harem without someone (usually a childhood friend) screaming "Onii-chan" in every line?
she said Onii-chan 22 times. Yes. I counted.
Thank you for this... i certainly didn't need to know but i respect your dedication!

marks off fanservice character on bingo sheet
Wait, where is my bingo sheet, i think i am just about ready to strike bingo already, almost every trope is already present bar one or two!!

i look forward to more Rena in the future...
Honestly though, will laugh if we absolutely never see her again.
Science is important and i respect that but she is being ghosted... and i don't mean the tinder kind of ghosted!

HE SPOKE AND WAS INVOLVED IN A CONVERSATION FOR A BRIEF PERIOD
She got at least 2 lines, finally!!

MC boy here has some PTSD now that reverts his mental capacity to that of a monkey upon sighting of clover-chan?
I wanted to call this out as "monkey" as well but it looked too stupid to pass for such!

what does...that even...
Thanks for posting this, i think i missed this, as yes, i second, what the heck was she even saying, does she have some secret ancient scroll with some unique dark magic spells where you have to be a black mage lv 89+ to use whilst ironically sporting the name "Shiro"?

SORETOMO...WA...TA...SHI? Yeah not sure if it has the same effect coming from you but A for effort i suppose
NO!
I love this line, its like some filthy guilty pleasure of mine where every time a character pulls this card i get all giddy and smile uncontrollably because... because!!! I love the unique executions which are offered but she just said this so normally i didn't even realise right away, Now A for effort, she needed to either delay the Bath and dinner options with a pause or seductive syllable delivery or she has to do the "Wa...Ta...Shi" as such... i am 100% angry she ruined the best line to come out of Japan!
...and i totally don't think i am overreacting

I MEAN I GUESS ITS SOMETHING TO CHANGE UP THE STORY BUT REALLY? AMNESIA? THATS WHAT YOU WENT WITH?
Well i mean its obviously not real, she is just going to pretend so it conveniently erases her wrong doings (rejecting him) and dispels awkward tension, aka she is being a coward and hoping to pretend it never happened which sucks... and i assume you know this but i felt i needed to type it again to point out how stupid this is. It annoys me Kuro was the only good character before this episode and now she feels the stupidest of them all. I would rather she say she rejected him because she was put on the spot but nope, she even had to offer the "revenge" line. I kind of hope she doesn't win just to show her how dumb she was.

some pretty nice legs too from the other girl.
I like your style! Your focus is in the right place for sure!

SMores seems to have developed amnesia.
Is this why EvilSMores has taken over?

It is bad, very bad. I think it is a show so bad it is funny because it is bad.
This! It is terribly bad, its titles is a sham, every character gets dumb by the scene and the whole plot is so stupid at this point that the only sense in it is that it doesn't make sense, literally everyone cuts their nose to spite their face and then complains they did it whilst not taking any responsibility at all.
analogy aside, it's stupid and only getting worse.

Right. I guess I'll steer clear of this for now
I would steer clear forever if i was you, unless this does a miracle turn around for the second half, it will never even be "below average", that's only a dream at this point. I guess if the second half is amazing it might reach that as a goal.

I got worried until i read this, then i laughed!

This is its only hope, to become a goofy comedy, which i admit i like goofy comedy, even comedies which are pretty dumb are good for me if they are funny, this is yet to be so...unless you count them thinking some dumb dance was acting. (not acting which results in death though, because acting kills 1 person every... errr million years?).

I tried watching it but shut down my device 2 minutes into the first episode.
Trust your instincts.

Wait, where is my bingo sheet, i think i am just about ready to strike bingo already, almost every trope is already present bar one or two!!
Here you go

I wanted to call this out as "monkey" as well but it looked too stupid to pass for such!
The animation and sound effects were so terrible in that scene that it wasn't even a bad or unfunny site gag. It was an utterly pathetic one.

she needed to either delay the Bath and dinner options with a pause or seductive syllable delivery or she has to do the "Wa...Ta...Shi"
This bothered me immensely. Terrible delivery of a wonderful line. You'd think they'd get voice actors who can actually act to portray their famous child actors. Or maybe she was just as disgusted with this script as I am?

I kind of hope she doesn't win just to show her how dumb she was.
I really hope none of them win and they all die in a horrible fire. Just two final episodes of them suffocating and burning to death while I slow clap.

Is this why EvilSMores has taken over?
Two sides of the same coin, my friend. But it's one of those trick coins that always comes up evil.

literally everyone cuts their nose to spite their face and then complains they did it whilst not taking any responsibility at all.
Best analogy for this show possible.

I still clicked and read this spoiler tag, just to let you know i love every word you type for this show! (or lack of in this instance!).
Trust your instincts.
He did well.

Here you go
I... i see literally so much text, are people reading all of that? I got confused and started munching on some snacks less than a minute in, clearly you think me a educated individual with a attention span or more than 15 seconds.

The animation and sound effects were so terrible in that scene that it wasn't even a bad or unfunny site gag. It was an utterly pathetic one.
I wanted to know where you was going with this, i was not disappointed!

This bothered me immensely. Terrible delivery of a wonderful line.
Thank you! Just seeing so many others appreciate this line and even more how everyone is so disgusted in the butchering of such a wonder collection of words!Though...
Or maybe she was just as disgusted with this script as I am?
Maybe this is possible too, even the voice actor's just sigh heavily and try to rush through it... i don't blame them!

Two sides of the same coin, my friend. But it's one of those trick coins that always comes up evil.
Ahhh so when you was SMores you was secretly Evil all along, you was just so evil that your hid being evil because... that's what evil people do, probably.

Best analogy for this show possible.
If that show would become self-aware on this front and admit this, i would hate it at least 3% less, maybe 5

Almost forgot this thread existed, I'm bad with things like this.
NO!
I love this line, its like some filthy guilty pleasure of mine where every time a character pulls this card i get all giddy and smile uncontrollably because... because!!! I love the unique executions which are offered but she just said this so normally i didn't even realise right away, Now A for effort, she needed to either delay the Bath and dinner options with a pause or seductive syllable delivery or she has to do the "Wa...Ta...Shi" as such... i am 100% angry she ruined the best line to come out of Japan!
...and i totally don't think i am overreacting
This bothered me immensely. Terrible delivery of a wonderful line.
Not overreacting, perfectly justified and I agree with these points on a spiritual level. How fast and just nonchalantly she said it didn't really do anything for me at all. Am glad to see someone else appreciates fine artistry of words.

Thank you for this... i certainly didn't need to know but i respect your dedication!
Plan to keep count the whole show, it's a weird hobby of mine, but seeing how many times someone says something is entertaining to me.

Thanks for posting this, i think i missed this, as yes, i second, what the heck was she even saying, does she have some secret ancient scroll with some unique dark magic spells where you have to be a black mage lv 89+ to use whilst ironically sporting the name "Shiro"?
I like this. This is my head canon now.

Well i mean its obviously not real, she is just going to pretend so it conveniently erases her wrong doings
....I didn't even think this far ahead. My brain gave up the moment they said amnesia, so I didn't even consider this a possibility. I think I'm losing brain cells watching this show. Not that there is many left after the other shows that do the same things.

I kind of hope she doesn't win just to show her how dumb she was.

haha imagine if any of them actually win haha...cries in shows never being finished

really hope none of them win and they all die in a horrible fire. Just two final episodes of them suffocating and burning to death while I slow clap.
Guess I found what I'm going to pretend the ending was like when this show crashes and burns for real.

Almost forgot this thread existed,
I don't blame you, this thread is mostly for venting rage at how stupid the show is.

How fast and just nonchalantly she said it didn't really do anything for me at all. Am glad to see someone else appreciates fine artistry of words.
I see if nothing else this show has enlightened me that i am now alone in loving this line and knowing their are fellow people on this planet who appreciate how great it should be! (when used correctly).

t's a weird hobby of mine, but seeing how many times someone says something is entertaining to me.
More entertaining the anything the show is likely to offer so i can't blame you here.

....I didn't even think this far ahead. My brain gave up the moment they said amnesia
I think this show kills anyone's brain if it (the brain) is active in anyway beyond realising there are moving pixels and words being said. Ahem, but yes i think its just a short term excuse to "sweep it under the rug", which just feels lazy, might as well just have them be honest at this point, quite sure it would take less effort to accept them as "being friends" again and back to normal over convincing the world she is suffering from memory loss, but limited memory loss focused specifically on the day of the festival, maybe it blanks all so conveniently just before him calling her name.

cries in shows never being finished
It's funny this is a rare instance i wouldn't mind one not ending, and i hate that open ended thing harems love to do. I struggle to see anyone winning this one with a logical explanation attached, though that is partly my fault from attaching logic to anything here hehe.

4 - requiem for a loli

Am I really supposed to feel bad for besto frendo? So much got damn air in her head they should start stocking walmart checkout lanes with her, I've seen people that have sex on planes that are less of a fuck up.

WSNKW4v.jpg

I keep expecting her to tape hair to her little voodoo doll and dip it in hot wax for a "fall in love with me" ritual. I wonder if she got it from a kind street vender back behind the CVS wearing plastic bags and a robe made of goat horns and infant blood.

pofI2yf.jpg

Yeah, yeah he did. He looked real good. Can we run the clip again?

bS4uSPM.gif

The more we find out about the main character, the weirder it is that he looks like some random douchebag student who goes to idol concerts, licks his plate after eating, and is probably the president of the school's frog crossdressing club or something weird like that. I mean, now the biggest loli imouto film star in the world wants to suck him off. What's next, is James Cameron gonna show up and tell everyone they used to be lovers? Does this kid know the queen of england too? Like what the...?

Fp5upFm.jpg

"Oh you must have misread, it says jack off all trades, not jack of all trades. Common mistake. You must have been distracted by the constantly jiggling shadow my awesome tits were casting on the pamphlet."

E0NkrAH.jpg

05eb6d5a3719c6fa0cbf73853dee9f61.gif

I fucking knew it.

What the hell is this kid doing now, stacking rocks in a field of as many flowers as L's he's taken this season. I don't even care what he's moping about.

"Jeez, if you're going to break into my house you might as well wear the sexy maid costume instead of my loungewear"

Oh god, if it isn't the ed edd and eddy of anime girls.

I keep meaning to bring this up, but my brain thankfully expunges information about this show moments after watching it. Has anybody pointed out yet that the "acting" performance this once famous child actor did, as written by the esteemed novelist, Hoodoo-chan, involved absolutely zero acting whatsoever, and a literal song and (frantic) dance routine instead?

I keep meaning to bring this up, but my brain thankfully expunges information about this show moments after watching it. Has anybody pointed out yet that the "acting" performance this once famous child actor did, as written by the esteemed novelist, Hoodoo-chan, involved absolutely zero acting whatsoever, and a literal song and (frantic) dance routine instead?
Oh, that was the performance she wrote? I thought they were just fucking around.

Jesus. Thank god she studied being pretty.

Jesus. Thank god she studied being pretty.
lol brilliant!
Has anybody pointed out yet that the "acting" performance this once famous child actor did, as written by the esteemed novelist, Hoodoo-chan, involved absolutely zero acting whatsoever, and a literal song and (frantic) dance routine instead?
this... is actually a good point, there wasn't even a story! So called novelist girl is supposed to be a good writer but i dunno, something about two dudes going on stage, stealing someone else's song (yes i will be this petty because it's this show!) and then confessing? Like i thought the idea of this play was to lead them into making him confess (originally) in which the original (revenge play) she would then reject him in front of everyone... because revenge. So why is it they just errr "danced" and then he just confesses, da hell is this!!!

So much got damn air in her head they should start stocking walmart checkout lanes with her
lol i am so glad you decided to watch this for your lottery (okay... not decided but whatever), this jokes are pretty great, and it is providing the comedy genre the show promises but doesn't deliver!

Yeah, yeah he did. He looked real good. Can we run the clip again?

bS4uSPM.gif
hahahha - this will never get old!

I think i would of enjoyed Shiro more is she was some creepy stalker and used this doll for pleasure... it would be fucked up but at least it would give her character instead of expecting us to understand why she has this doll...
[/spoiler
I would continue to quote on but i just realised this show airs today and i will have enough to rant about as/when i get around to watching it... so i prefer to maintain my sanity for at least another hour or 3.

Episode 5

You know, if this anime had been grounded and stuff this episode wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

But the thing is, non of these characters are to be taken seriously and playing it straight for almost an entire episode is a bit of a whiplash especially since the writing doesn't really fit the prior episodes to a point. I mean, we have a serious moment here going on for most of the episode and except shiro's stalker tendencies being a subtext joke and the random surprisingly excessive pervertedness of the male lead in this there's not really much comedy to be had. I mean, it's funny that the male lead was changed into basically a more perverted Kazuma just for a moment as a joke but it's kinda extremely perverting his character .... who cares character consistency, blar, prior episode already had him thinking with his lower parts so they want even further with that.

Now, this writing was upfront and the characters are obviously used as plot devices along the way to fast track the plot but at the same time this was probably one of the most un-fittingly realistic character writing for half the cast in this episode but it was technically still the best writing in a while from this anime.

I know, that is a low bar to set.

As for the amount of enjoyment out of this episode I got, I was surprisingly satisfied but the imouto part of the episode probably dulled my sensibility because of how it was like the most unnatural conversation and introduction sequence...

i was busy watching...not this show so didn't get around to it until now
And the count is in! Counted 11 onii-chans today, I honestly might be off by one or two, my brain shut off part way as absolutely nothing happened this episode i got so bored and forgot to count. Note this is not including the "nii-chan's" from the sister trio.

Midori has nice thighs. As I already mentioned about the nice legs last week, I proceeded to examine them more this week and in fact, has nice legs.

I honestly have absolutely no idea if she really has amnesia or not, i'm leaning towards not having it but they could pull this wild 180 and be haha she really have it

The genius idea to feed her some weiners was the dumbest idea ive ever heard, like she can easily remember this fact because its about HER??? and just actively do everything she normally wouldn't do? why am i thinking about this so much

Alright they boutta become youtubers i see, but clearly they didnt get the memo that vtubers are the hot shit right now, their loss. But wait would a vtuber in an anime still be an anime avatar...so would it still even be a vtuber....?

pls_look_at_me_like_this.jpg

God, i wish a girl would look at me like this. Or, you know, at all. Sorry i'm half asleep doing this and i have to get some entertainment out of this show.

So this agency guy is a major piece of shit, yeah? we all on the same agreement here? Could not stand his ass.
YES.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
tenor.gif

NOW THIS IS TRUE DANDYISM RIGHT HERE FOLKS, OH MY GOD YOU LOVE TO SEE IT.
Never before have I been this excited in this entire show, MC did the correct thing for the first time in these whole 5 episodes. I am so proud of our boy, he is growing up. This immediately made this episode exceedingly better and I cannot explain in words how god damn happy I was when he did this, I personally would have taken the bottle and smashed it over the dudes head but ill take this. This is an absolute W here, fuck that guy.

5 - my buttonhole hurts

I like how they just stand around as he introduces them and the one girl is like "don't call me violent" like 5 minutes after being called violent. An example of flawless directing.

Last episode I called them the ed edd and eddy of anime girls, but they're way too stupid for that. The loliconbait loli baiting lolicons is standing right in front of them rambling about loli stuff like a loli that isn't even suggestive, and they somehow find reason to call MC a pervert. Comedy.

"You could act more like a girl."
*exists*
"OHHH YEAH, FUUUUCK, THATS HOT, THAT'S THE GOOD SHIT"

What kind of garbage is that anyways? "act more like a girl"? I can't think of a single way she's acting masculine. And I'm not even comparing her to MC who isn't the picture of manliness himself.

My boy said "Nuh uh, we ain't even got to second base, handholding is way out of the question"

qtdo2jo.jpg

FGwLuq5.jpg

Uh, that is NOT what I thought it said when I first glanced at the subtitles. You get me, right?

Oh cool, glad we could see the car, teleport into the car, and then teleport outside the car again to talk about getting into the car, and then teleport back to being in the car again. What was the point of that, is the director going for the oscar? Is this actually tarantino-level genius we're watching here?

It would have at least been somewhat comedic if events played out in their actual sequence, there. Why does this show always have to blow itself- I mean blow it for itself- I mean blow it.

QfxDdJH.jpg

"I want you to put it in my buttonhole"

Did... did he just get his ass kicked with a carton of milk? What a pussy.

I'm sorry, I haven't mentioned this until now because I'm just not sure how without having a coniption. This is either the most dumb plot point ever or some extremely unconvincing mindgames bullshit. There is no conceivable way she got amnesia. So these must be the dumbest characters of all time if they can't at least question that.

Whatever. Let's just ignore that inconsequential plot point. How do you feel about it, tetsuhiko?
WTXWuRp.gif

Yeah, I knew you'd agree. Either that or you're having a seizure. Hard to tell.

9hq6MjL.jpg

Okay, remind me to never criticize this anime for those "you're such a pervert, onii-san" jokes ever again.

75UmUvg.jpg

...what? Didn't she just get done having a heartfelt internal monologue about how much she respects this guy? What the hell is that visual about? Can we get that backstory please? Is this still comedy?

cOTzxOE.jpg

...and then MC-kun got sued for 600 million dollars. This looks like this guy's plan was foolproof. Now it's a new season of Ozark.

Well i forgot to comment on last week so errr purple suit sucks and err stuff

Anyway, ep6
Really? god this show sucks.

So Kuro admits she faked amnesia, can we please hold a minute of silence for anyone who believed she legit randomly got amnesia...
Thank you. Right, apparently her stupid face in the end is meant to fix this.

Also, why no op/ed? Look i normally enjoy shows with as much content as possible they have to cut the op/ed but this show, i would be happy if they added a middle song just reduce the content, i am sure its giving me aids from watching.

The commercials they had to produce, what? How did that advertise some sports drink or something, whatever, it is so dumb i think i can sum it up saying its dumb.

And what is this shows obsession with bad revenge plots? At least shows like Masamune's-Revenge tell us from the start the kid is out to get revenge and that is the root of the entire show, this one however has like 3 or 4 revenge plots running at once, finishes them and starts a new one or two, constantly! It's only made weirder because the theme of the show should have nothing to do with revenge, so why is it here?

oh also, loli girl was watching his shitty school dance thing... as a child? Not sure how that one worked but whatever, still makes as much sense as anything else here.

Despite i hate all characters, the loli one is the most tolerable one it seems, she is the only one who seems to actually care for MC without (yet) having a revenge plot (see me retract this comment in 2 episodes), i can't even remotely invest in the potential of any romance because everyone is just using one another for revenge for some petty reason (except Kuro... she wanted revenge for who knows what), it just makes me angry thinking about it.
I once again take bring my old comment from ep1/2 era, "Loli in a hat is best girl" - back then it was because she wasn't introduced, thus making her best by default, now i can say safely "Loli is hat is the most tolerable girl" (most being a key word, she is still in need of a character re-design but at this point, i wouldn't dare let the writers touch a character i can just bare to stand, it would probably turn her into the MC).

Anything else happen?
I dunno, honestly i was texting throughout the episode and shopping. I honestly never use my phone when watching stuff but i just broke my own personal rule, well done show!

6 - The gig is up

This whole situation really came out of nowhere. Do they expect us to take these characters anger seriously when they've been disingenuous and vapid this entire time?

And now everyones going to lie and deny he poured drank on the dude? His making fun wasn't even that serious.

XlJhLYQ.jpg

Are... are you fuckin kidding me?

What is this, boss baby? What the hell is this plot? What is the loli con loliconbait con for lolicons rambling about? WHY DID WE NEED THIS SETUP FOR THIS?!
And they're making a commercial? That's... okay. As long as it has stupid looking dancing, I'm in.

gA3rsrI.jpg

yeah pretty sure three year olds or whatever don't have the wherewithall, let alone the life experience to "hate everything"

"That's when I met him, and he smashed my soft baby skull in with his hard head"

Nis0fRG.jpg

Said the child to the other child. And then she grew up to become a loli.

Baseball, against the wall. Helps me forget about my cancer.

For a second I didn't realize this weird montage was the commercial for the energy drink, I just thought it was the anime being fuckin quirky again.

Okay? This sure came out of nowhere? This has got to be the edgiest thing I've ever seen. Where did they get the faceless band?

Wait, how much time has passed between the beginning of this episode to the end?

Besto frendo really is just some asshole, huh?

Ah, I see. Now finally the explanation for the amnesia comes out. Now I finally get it...
the writers are retarded. Finally, it's all become clear.
rfvxjbO.jpg

0DsWPgM.jpg

Nono, that's a perfectly reasonable reaction. Huh indeed.

XRqoSVt.jpg

She sweeps using only her boobles.

So he actually thinks he's his friend? Tetsu isn't even trying to hide the fact that he's just using MC dude.

Despite i hate all characters, the loli one is the most tolerable one it seems, she is the only one who seems to actually care for MC without (yet) having a revenge plot
I guess, but she raises every red flag in the book regardless with how she talks to him.

Back