Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Oh neat, I live in Ontario too. Yeah, the pandemic policy in this province is a joke. Oh how I long for the day when we finally vote Ford out of office. Won't happen any time soon though given the state of the liberals and NDP.
Honestly, I'm hoping for the day we can vote Ford out too. Idk, the politics here are so messy I also don't see it happening soon though

LT: I fucking hate the Tories. That might not come as a surprise to some of you here but day after day things just seem to get worse and worse. Scottish independence is gaining a lot of momentum, Ireland is terrorised by riots not seen since the Troubles and could possibly be united by the end of the decade. Welsh independence is picking up its own steam too.

Back in 2014 when Scotland had their own referendum I was firmly in the "stay united" camp, but not now. If the union completely comes apart I'll just feel slightly happier for those countries to be rid of Londons poisonous politics. Which makes me think about the union historically, and about England as a united country, about how all of it is built on bullshit, on the pride and greed of Kings that believed they could take what they want, that could shit from even greater heights onto the proletariat below. It's time to redraw the old lines, not only can the union itself not hold itself together under tory rule, but England as a whole. Let parliament govern their own little world of London and Essex, leave Wessex, East Anglia, Mercia and Northumbria to their own government, and maybe if/when we can prove that we can all come together under a union that isn't governed by blatant corruption, cronyism and lies upon lies upon lies, we can call ourselves a United Kingdom again.

LT: This might sound a bit sappy, but lately I've been thinking about love. I've thought I was in love a handful of times, yet despite how convinced I've been of my own feelings, when those relationships ended I got over it so quickly that I have to wonder if I've ever been in love at all.

Digging into my memories, I can't rekindle those feelings. I can't make myself experience it again. It's just a foggy notion that I was convinced of it at the time. I know it made me happy, and I know it made me suffer- usually far more of the latter than the former- but I don't know if it was 'real.'

Does the real thing exist, and I've just never felt it? Or is romantic love always so fleeting that it's easily replaced with the mundane? The hedonic treadmill at work. I suppose I'll never know, but it's not going to stop me from getting all misty eyed when I see a good romance story.
I've had a similar problem. There's really no way to know if any feeling is "real" looking back on it, not just that. You just have to trust how you feel at the time and try to make somewhat wise decisions based on it.

LT: I fucking hate the Tories. That might not come as a surprise to some of you here but day after day things just seem to get worse and worse. Scottish independence is gaining a lot of momentum, Ireland is terrorised by riots not seen since the Troubles and could possibly be united by the end of the decade. Welsh independence is picking up its own steam too.

Back in 2014 when Scotland had their own referendum I was firmly in the "stay united" camp, but not now. If the union completely comes apart I'll just feel slightly happier for those countries to be rid of Londons poisonous politics. Which makes me think about the union historically, and about England as a united country, about how all of it is built on bullshit, on the pride and greed of Kings that believed they could take what they want, that could shit from even greater heights onto the proletariat below. It's time to redraw the old lines, not only can the union itself not hold itself together under tory rule, but England as a whole. Let parliament govern their own little world of London and Essex, leave Wessex, East Anglia, Mercia and Northumbria to their own government, and maybe if/when we can prove that we can all come together under a union that isn't governed by blatant corruption, cronyism and lies upon lies upon lies, we can call ourselves a United Kingdom again.

I really feel for you guys. Things are not great in Canada and Ontario right now but it's absolutely nothing compared to the fiasco that is BoJo and the Tories. Brexit was just one giant middle finger to every person that works in a business that exports to the EU, and now this. The only silver lining here is that BoJo will likely go down in history as the man that destroyed the UK.

I really feel for you guys. Things are not great in Canada and Ontario right now but it's absolutely nothing compared to the fiasco that is BoJo and the Tories. Brexit was just one giant middle finger to every person that works in a business that exports to the EU, and now this. The only silver lining here is that BoJo will likely go down in history as the man that destroyed the UK.
For a second I thought you were talking about the existentialism of the concept of love too because I didn't see who you quoted. That was a weird train of thought.

LT:

Friend's been having some serious temper lately because of some unfortunate circumstances. I gave them some advice over it and I'm glad they took it pretty well. Listening very carefully to what is exactly upsetting someone does wonders.

LT: My favorite band uploaded a new single. That really made my week. Kazakh people are really talented! Unfortunately I'm over my boyband-phase, so I can only fangirl over the music, but not over the people that make it.

Do share- you've got me curious now.
I think they're called 91, with Qiyalman, although not all of their songs are good, since I dislike rap quite a bit. I'm doing this game where I pick random countries and listen to their pop. Kazakhstan has definetly been number 1 for me so far. Thanks for listening lol

LT: Not to be a downer, but I really do think that my life would be infinitely easier/better, if I was straight (if it was a choice, I wouldn't hesitate, I can assure you of that). And that's not a sympathy-seeking statement, that's just a sad fact. I have come to terms with it all, and I am trying to make the most of what I have, but ... there are days when everything just sucks.

LT: Not to be a downer, but I really do think that my life would be infinitely easier/better, if I was straight (if it was a choice, I wouldn't hesitate, I can assure you of that). And that's not a sympathy-seeking statement, that's just a sad fact. I have come to terms with it all, and I am trying to make the most of what I have, but ... there are days when everything just sucks.
I'm not saying everywhere else is perfect, but you'd probably have an easier time just moving to a more open minded country (not that that is an easier thing to do).

I think they're called 91, with Qiyalman, although not all of their songs are good, since I dislike rap quite a bit. I'm doing this game where I pick random countries and listen to their pop. Kazakhstan has definetly been number 1 for me so far. Thanks for listening lol

The music is as easy on the ears as the band is on the eyes, lol. Thanks for the info!

LT: Breaking it off to an online friend is quite harder than I expected. Makes me regret being friends with them in the first place

MFTD:
c349b082af4a87039d83c10f157e2fc95a9cc869.gifv

Nah. I mean look at me. I thought I was straight for a good 27-28 years. And I'm a miserable failure of a person. So I don't think it'd really improve your mood.

Back