Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Yeah, I know who it is. Someone posted it in one of the...let's say less PG Discord channels I'm in. Along with a few other images of them.
tenor.gif

Good, cool, good

LT: I've been too spoiled by the fast commercial printer in my office. I had to print about 100 pages of documents on my new personal home printer and the process was so mind-numbingly slow that I just started drinking and playing video games before it was even finished. I should've just printed that shit at the office and taken it home with me. On the bright side, I got to steal more office supplies, so 500 pages of printer paper paid for by the company. That's a plus!

God, I love printing things at the office. My favorite things to print are my resignation letters. Great for same-day filing!

LT: Went down a bit of a rabbit hole today after stumbling on a youtube channel dedicated to archiving various ancient media including old educational records and filmstrips. Among them was... this:

The music is absolutely glorious 70s shit.

LT: Went down a bit of a rabbit hole today after stumbling on a youtube channel dedicated to archiving various ancient media including old educational records and filmstrips. Among them was... this:

The music is absolutely glorious 70s shit.
That's some seriously funky music right there

LT: Dog had to forcefully puke because she ate 10+ pure chocolate eggs. That's incredibly dangerous for a dog of 7 kg, my poor lil bean could have died... Luckily we were in time and even though she's still shaken by puking 13 times, she'll be fine.

LT: I know everyone's experience is different, but I don't really understand people with super low thresholds for embarrassment, and most of the time I don't get the "cringe". Like I once threw up in the middle of a history lesson in school when I was around 13, and that little baby of an experience doesn't even make it to the top 10 of my most embarrassing moments. Not even slightly. Not even that time I walked all around summer camp for like half an hour in front of everyone with my entire ass and back legs covered in blood without my knowledge, because no one had the heart to tell me. Some people would probably die being in my shoes, but for me it's just another day of being me.
(My high school ski trip is probably the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me, but, haha, that baby is going to my grave. I'm pretty sure all the teachers still remember and tell stories about that one every year, though.)

LT: I know everyone's experience is different, but I don't really understand people with super low thresholds for embarrassment, and most of the time I don't get the "cringe". Like I once threw up in the middle of a history lesson in school when I was around 13, and that little baby of an experience doesn't even make it to the top 10 of my most embarrassing moments. Not even slightly. Not even that time I walked all around summer camp for like half an hour in front of everyone with my entire ass and back legs covered in blood without my knowledge, because no one had the heart to tell me. Some people would probably die being in my shoes, but for me it's just another day of being me.
(My high school ski trip is probably the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me, but, haha, that baby is going to my grave. I'm pretty sure all the teachers still remember and tell stories about that one every year, though.)

i feel attacked lol...

I wish I wasn't embrassed easily. For me, I get secondhand embrassment from thinking how it would feel to be in their shoes in that moment. (Dang, I can't believe no me told you about the blood tho. That's sucks).

@Starletka I admit, I am easily embarrassed (I have a lot of anxiety around socializing) but I'm not embarrassed for people unless they're embarrassed, if that makes sense. Idk, I also think socially we're often pressured to feel embarrassed about things we Shouldn't feel embarrassed about. But I have somewhat of a weird filter.

- - - -

LT: I live in Ontario, and gonna be honest, the fact we can't buy towels or socks now at our local Dollarama doesn't inspire 'wow we're helping small businesses' in me. It inspires 'wow I can't buy non-essentials easily without ordering from Amazon'. Basically all our stores only allow sale of 'govt-specified essentials'. Well, ok. People still need 'non-essentials' though, so we're going to buy from Amazon because that's one of the few online shopping sites that doesn't charge Canadians an arm and a leg. Of course, depends on your ability to do pick-up, which some people can do easier than others.

I just feel probably, Ontario should ease up on small businesses a bit instead, as long as they follow safety measures. But everything here is a disaster, from the lockdowns, to the vaccination rollout, all of it.

But tbh, I probably wouldn't be so annoyed if they weren't changing regulations week by week here. Plus my area right now (Toronto area, roughly) has the longest lockdown in North America. So you have places shut down for 300+ days now. I'm just constantly left wondering if anything interesting will be left. I keep hearing about business closure after business closure of anything somewhat niche.

Honestly, I haven't thought too hard about how I'd ideally handle lockdown. It's just the way its handled here gives me a consistent sense our govt is also not sure how to handle all this and we keep getting yanked around.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...nds-and-extends-failing-policy-871186710.html

@Starletka I admit, I am easily embarrassed (I have a lot of anxiety around socializing) but I'm not embarrassed for people unless they're embarrassed, if that makes sense. Idk, I also think socially we're often pressured to feel embarrassed about things we Shouldn't feel embarrassed about. But I have somewhat of a weird filter.

- - - -

LT: I live in Ontario, and gonna be honest, the fact we can't buy towels or socks now at our local Dollarama doesn't inspire 'wow we're helping small businesses' in me. It inspires 'wow I can't buy non-essentials easily without ordering from Amazon'. Basically all our stores only allow sale of 'govt-specified essentials'. Well, ok. People still need 'non-essentials' though, so we're going to buy from Amazon because that's one of the few online shopping sites that doesn't charge Canadians an arm and a leg. Of course, depends on your ability to do pick-up, which some people can do easier than others.

I just feel probably, Ontario should ease up on small businesses a bit instead, as long as they follow safety measures. But everything here is a disaster, from the lockdowns, to the vaccination rollout, all of it.

But tbh, I probably wouldn't be so annoyed if they weren't changing regulations week by week here. Plus my area right now (Toronto area, roughly) has the longest lockdown in North America. So you have places shut down for 300+ days now. I'm just constantly left wondering if anything interesting will be left. I keep hearing about business closure after business closure of anything somewhat niche.

Honestly, I haven't thought too hard about how I'd ideally handle lockdown. It's just the way its handled here gives me a consistent sense our govt is also not sure how to handle all this and we keep getting yanked around.

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...nds-and-extends-failing-policy-871186710.html

Oh neat, I live in Ontario too. Yeah, the pandemic policy in this province is a joke. Oh how I long for the day when we finally vote Ford out of office. Won't happen any time soon though given the state of the liberals and NDP.

LT: This might sound a bit sappy, but lately I've been thinking about love. I've thought I was in love a handful of times, yet despite how convinced I've been of my own feelings, when those relationships ended I got over it so quickly that I have to wonder if I've ever been in love at all.

Digging into my memories, I can't rekindle those feelings. I can't make myself experience it again. It's just a foggy notion that I was convinced of it at the time. I know it made me happy, and I know it made me suffer- usually far more of the latter than the former- but I don't know if it was 'real.'

Does the real thing exist, and I've just never felt it? Or is romantic love always so fleeting that it's easily replaced with the mundane? The hedonic treadmill at work. I suppose I'll never know, but it's not going to stop me from getting all misty eyed when I see a good romance story.

Back