• Reefer Madness (lol)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday

• Saving Grace

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh, fun. So instead of the literally hundreds of established characters, the movie is gonna focus on some generic MMA dude OC. I knew this movie was too good to be true.

Woah, had no idea this was a thing.

Ok, Hiroyuki Sanada as Scorpion is an AWESOME choice but I kinda doubt we'll get satisfying screen time for any of the established characters. Looks ok-ish but the 90s magic of the series feels pretty much absent. Reminds me of the Legacy web series a little.

Guys I am witnessing Nicholas Cage redeem a movie with no redeeming qualities. This is amazeballs. Just imagine Five Nights at Freddy's but the vulnerable security guard is replaced with fucking Doom Guy, but this doom guy also loves the shit out of pinball. The movie is just a bunch of shitty exposition and Cage beating the ever loving snotout of evil animatronics, but somehow it works if you're drunk enough in the right mindset. Just look at this:

This is after he has killed several animatronic nightmares like it was a goddamn Tuesday.

Cage doesn't utter a single line of dialogue through the entire movie. He still manages to be a giant ham with just his physical acting. Have some fookin' respect for this feat.

Like everything else about this movie is awful. All the other actors suck balls, it's ugly as fuck, the effects are spiked dildoes, but I do not give a single fuck because I just want to watch Cage play pinball and fuck shit up and that is what he does for the entire mother cunting movie. The critics have been very harsh on this movie and probably rightly so, but if the above pinball scene tickles your taint even a little then give this one a shot.

As long as Nicolas Cage hams it up, it'll be the third greatest movie of the year, next to the other Nicolas Cage one but both behind Nicolas Cage playing Nicolas Cage who talks to Nicolas Cage, also played by Nicolas Cage.

Saw the movie a week ago with my nephews, but I'm still going to talk about Detective Pikachu:
I was really impressive with the CGI Pokemon looking pretty good. Even the Charizard in the underground match looked intimidating in a good way. Then they showed how that man in the chair Howard was manipulating everything, just so he could hijack Mewtwo's body. That was his plan all along, making it so that everyone becomes their Pokemon. Which is what happened to the protagonist's dad, since he became Pikachu. Ryan Reynolds voicing Pikachu felt like a weird experience, the movie was a weird experience.

A human becoming a Pokemon was already done with the Pokemon Dungeon games. But overall, the movie wasn't nearly as well-written as those games.

New trailer got released today so yeah, very much so.

Do you know why this is the best cut and the best movie of the entire franchise?

129.png

Do you know why this is the best cut and the best movie of the entire franchise?

I was going to say: Because Joss Whedon is a toxic douche canoe and all his work is forever smeared by his behind the scenes abuse. I don't like anything about the Snyder DC Universe, but the guy is passionate about it. I'd rather his four hour fart sniffing, fan servicing pretention be the definitive version of the film rather than Whedon's half assed wannabe Avengers thing.

Your answer works too though.

I was going to say: Because Joss Whedon is a toxic douche canoe and all his work is forever smeared by his behind the scenes abuse. I don't like anything about the Snyder DC Universe, but the guy is passionate about it. I'd rather his four hour fart sniffing, fan servicing pretention be the definitive version of the film rather than Whedon's half assed wannabe Avengers thing.

Whedon may be, as you say, a toxic douche canoe. But at least he occasionally brings a little levity to things. Snyder is such a pretentious downer that I don't get how he still gets work. He's basically the Darren Aronofsky of superhero movies.

You can already see bits of his toxic douche personality pretty well reflected in his work, the most prominent one that comes to mind to me is dollhouse where it just all falls apart and makes the subtext, literal text for him. Just taking one watch of that and thinking about the crop of allegations that have come up against his ass, is really yikes to me. Where women can only be stronk and empowered if they suffer. I can't get that out of my head now or really unsee it, fuck Whedon with a spork.

So yeh, I basically agree here.

Her: It's a birthmark, Cole.
Cole: What's that mean?
Her: You were born with it.

Please give this movie the Oscar for best screenplay.

Also, that "get over here" sounded lame.

My 40 year old coworker wouldn't shut the fuck up about that trailer the other day. I've made a shit ton of money betting on Sony stocks after watching him throw temper tantrums in his cubicle after not being able to buy a PS5 so I'm gonna go ahead and say that, the movie might be shit, but it's going to make a lot of people a lot of money (thanks to people like him).

I wish I had "bankroll a 4/10 action movie to make dipshits give me cash" money...shit, now I'm actually sympathizing with corrupt movie executives.

Office Space (1999) (re-watch)

Hmm, I remember that movie being a lot funnier when I first watched it. The biting comedy and commentary about cubicle work life are still excellent and you have the fun side characters but the middle of the film just drags these days imo. This movie feels like it should have been a TV show or something, most characters don't leave enough of an impact despite being fun for the short time we get to know them. Also think the movie could have leaned more towards the work life aspect rather than turning into an eh "crime" comedy near the end.

It's not a Jennifer Aniston character unless she has sex with someone or one of the plot points is her having had sex with someone!

7/10 red staplers

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds voicing Pikachu felt like a weird experience

What contributed to the weirdness especially was that Ryan Reynolds was clearly doing the Deadpool voice with Pikachu. So half the time, you expected Pikachu to suddenly get raunchy and rude and whatever else, only for him to very decidedly not. I did enjoy the movie for what it was, but the Ryan Reynolds casting was such a weird decision.

Rewatched The Mummy (1999) that I used to be terrified of as a kid (but I still watched it like a billion times anyway :D), and it was actually kinda funny now

This is a blockbuster series that aged like fine wine. Cartoonish in all the right ways, surprisingly progressive and forward-looking for its time. Brendan Fraser is still so, so hunky and amazing. Rachel Weisz could talk about dusty bodies to me all day long and I'd hang onto every word, I don't care what else she might want to say to me.

I'm not sure why the internet is suddenly gaga for this weird Raggedy Ann cartoon movie from the 70s, but they need to quit so this effing song will get out of my head already. I heard it yesterday. and it's been looping up here ever since.

Office Space (1999) (re-watch)

Hmm, I remember that movie being a lot funnier when I first watched it. The biting comedy and commentary about cubicle work life are still excellent and you have the fun side characters but the middle of the film just drags these days imo. This movie feels like it should have been a TV show or something, most characters don't leave enough of an impact despite being fun for the short time we get to know them. Also think the movie could have leaned more towards the work life aspect rather than turning into an eh "crime" comedy near the end.

It's not a Jennifer Aniston character unless she has sex with someone or one of the plot points is her having had sex with someone!

7/10 red staplers

Lawrence had the biggest impact, but it's a damn shame too. Still love the scenes where gangsta songs play.

Rewatched The Mummy (1999) that I used to be terrified of as a kid (but I still watched it like a billion times anyway :D), and it was actually kinda funny now

The scarab under the skin scared me to hell and back as a kid, but damn fine movie.

Ry0rPv8.jpg

Whelp suffice it to say I am morbidly fascinated by this vanity project disguised as a movie.

I am loving this movie more and more. A messianic archetype of what it truly means to live in a society.

Lawrence had the biggest impact, but it's a damn shame too. Still love the scenes where gangsta songs play.

The scarab under the skin scared me to hell and back as a kid, but damn fine movie.

I am loving this movie more and more. A messianic archetype of what it truly means to live in a society.

Dude, I love Lawrence. That man sure knows how a million dollars should be spent.

Back