Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT:
I really need to watch the Chrono Crusade anime, but part of me is worried about how different the story is between the manga and anime. I'm always caught in making these comparisons between the manga and anime, and whether or not its faithful. Or even if its a good introduction to the manga. I want to believe that the anime is good, so that's what I'm hoping.
I would say go in without expectations honestly. I didnt read the manga yet but the anime as a stand alone was good and still memorable to me.

DAT:
I really need to watch the Chrono Crusade anime, but part of me is worried about how different the story is between the manga and anime. I'm always caught in making these comparisons between the manga and anime, and whether or not its faithful. Or even if its a good introduction to the manga. I want to believe that the anime is good, so that's what I'm hoping.
I was worried about stuff like that in the very beginning of my anime career but the way I see it as long as it's good, the differences between anime and manga don't matter too much. It's whatever I see first that I'll probably like. Trigun's anime was innacurate to the manga, whatever, it was still good.

I hear chrono crusade anime's ending is different than the manga's ending but i dont care because the anime's ending made me feel things i wouldn't have felt with the manga's ending.

Trigun's anime was innacurate to the manga, whatever, it was still good.
DAT:
The thing though is that Madhouse wanted to do more Trigun for the anime community. That was the whole point to why they made that Trigun movie 12 years after the anime ended, to generate interest in the series. I guess it must not have done as well as the studio wanted though. The animation was good but the story never clicked with me if I had to be honest.

I just have to stop and ask just how much freedom directors have in the industry. If the budget for any anime is limited, then that means they have to cliff-hang the story or go in a completely different direction. Or even skipping content in some cases. Regardless of the outcome, some people are going to be unhappy. Maybe that's why reboot anime are becoming popular, cause they know there is money to be made in that regard. People just don't want to see entire non-canon filler arcs in anime anymore, and that's why the anime industry is adapting and changing.

But some things will never change, such as a boost in genre due to one series in particular. I enjoy the supernatural genre, and yet I feel like its being shoved down everyone's throats in a way that feels mass-produced. That's my impression anyway.

I looked it up on imdb and it is Daisy Ridley from Star Wars. I guess that is another reason why I should watch it soon.

DAT: This reminds me the Star Wars anime has been recently announced to be coming out in 2021. I am not really a big Star Wars fan, but it was one of my first fandoms and I really liked the movies as a kid.
kool thanks.

i did try to look it up myself but it only made me more confused!!
basically, daisy ridley was born in 91 and only yesterday was also made in 91!!!
tbh you would think that somewhere it would point out that her version was a later Disney redub but i guess that's to much to ask of mainstream movie sites.

kool thanks.

i did try to look it up myself but it only made me more confused!!
basically, daisy ridley was born in 91 and only yesterday was also made in 91!!!
tbh you would think that somewhere it would point out that her version was a later Disney redub but i guess that's to much to ask of mainstream movie sites.
Hey! How do you know that she wasn't a talking baby huh!? It could have been her on the original dub too :P :laugh::laugh:

I went to check my feed and was stumbled by this:
haine.png

@LamiaNymph I see you have a great taste, I approve.

DAT: Is it just me, or was anyone else struck by the fact that a lot of Fall series just kind of ended without ending? It's like, they didn't even bother to try to wrap them up in any way, and if they never get second seasons, that's really annoying. Like, I can't believe Moriarty didn't get a 24-episode run- it was just starting to get interesting and then it ended. Magatsu Wahrheit was probably my favorite Fall show, and same thing, I thought it was going to continue until I went to mark the next episode and realized that was it. Irregular at Magic High I thought for sure would be 2-cour, but nope, done. Our Last Crusade was fun, but again, it just ended. I kind of feel like this season managed to take all of the enjoyment I had out of it in one fell swoop.

DAT: Is it just me, or was anyone else struck by the fact that a lot of Fall series just kind of ended without ending? It's like, they didn't even bother to try to wrap them up in any way, and if they never get second seasons, that's really annoying. Like, I can't believe Moriarty didn't get a 24-episode run- it was just starting to get interesting and then it ended. Magatsu Wahrheit was probably my favorite Fall show, and same thing, I thought it was going to continue until I went to mark the next episode and realized that was it. Irregular at Magic High I thought for sure would be 2-cour, but nope, done. Our Last Crusade was fun, but again, it just ended. I kind of feel like this season managed to take all of the enjoyment I had out of it in one fell swoop.
It was only Akudama drive, I guess, that actually ended with a blast.

Yeah, pretty much. And even then, I'm still confused by the ending. Talk about leaving you with questions. Actually, the entire show just kinda confused me. I guess I wasn't the target audience.
bright lights cyberpunk things go boomy slashy actiony, what are we some kinda suicide squad? kaboom vrrrrrrmmmmmmm scrrrrrrrrrrr pew pew boom

hope that cleared things up for you.

Um, Moriarty will have a second season in Spring 2021, with a probable duration of 13 episodes, so 24 total, so in practice it will be like a split run.
P.S. I normally only lurk here and don't post, but really wanted to correct this misconception.

Um, Moriarty will have a second season in Spring 2021, with a probable duration of 13 episodes, so 24 total, so in practice it will be like a split run.
P.S. I normally only lurk here and don't post, but really wanted to correct this misconception.

Great! That must be why I expected it to be 24-episodes, but I totally forgot it was split-cour. They're doing more shows that way these days. I just didn't feel motivated to go do research on it, so my bad.

DAT:
2021 STARTING OUT GOOD!!
Starting with a great Reiwa romance! A romance where the leads start out as a couple! No willtheywontthey shit, and no idiotic, forced relationship drama.
Huzzah!

Can often be an issue with adaptations since the source material does not care to pace itself with the idea of an anime adaptation.

Last edited:
Can often be an issue with adaptations since the source material does not care to pace itself with the idea of an anime adaptation.

You know, you're right, I never thought of that. However, the anime director should be able to choose how much material to cover in a season so the story reaches a natural stopping point. As the person in charge of the adaptation, they should be able to control the script and how much material is adapted. Too many anime feel like they went along from week to week with no plan as to how to wrap things up, and I know that can't be the case, so it shouldn't feel like it either.

You know, you're right, I never thought of that. However, the anime director should be able to choose how much material to cover in a season so the story reaches a natural stopping point. As the person in charge of the adaptation, they should be able to control the script and how much material is adapted. Too many anime feel like they went along from week to week with no plan as to how to wrap things up, and I know that can't be the case, so it shouldn't feel like it either.
To be fair, I've seen a multitude of anime adaptations cripple their pacing and the story itself in order to get to a "good end point."
Worst case, story stuff and characterization and even whole plot points can be cut, rushed, or rearranged in poor ways.
Meanwhile, an anime that "just ends" tends to make for a superior product when you then binge seasons, and makes it the superior version for all future watchers.

Funnily, I think shounen manga are the easiest to adapt pacing-wise since, depending on magazine of origin, authors and editors are actually conscious of the "2:1" rule of thumb of anime adaptations, and are far more certain that a successful manga will get an anime eventually.
Moderb manga is generally also faster paced, so sn anime director gets more bang for their buck per chapter, which makes the rule of thumb flexible.
Action shounen can be even easier, as action chapters defy the 2:1 formula but can be as quick or as long as the director could want. That gives the director considerable power over the pacing of the season as a whole.

I find that really amusing since action shounen literlly was the origin of the "horribly paced anime nexttimeondbz" stereotype, yet modern conventions has flipped the script.

LN anime adaptations often have bad pacing, but the manga adaptations of LNs tend to have great pacing. I rarely bother with anime adaptation of an LN if I already read the manga adaptation.
Seriously, 9/10 the manga adaptation will be better than the anime by a wide margin, and often better than the LN, too.

Back