The Eleven Deadly Sins Challenge: Winter 2021

Feinraf

Developer
Gold Supporter
9OTvy0K.png

Hello and welcome to Anime-Planet's
The Eleven Deadly Sins Challenge!

First of all, I'd just like to say a HUGE thank you to @JordanJas who helped run last seasons challenge and has agreed to run the challenge again this season! Jordan also put all of the effort into this seasons new tasks list!

How to Play

The Eleven Deadly Sins is a free seasonal based community organized challenge for anime.

The tasks have changed since last season so please read the post in full!

Each season, we create a set of tiers, each with tasks in. To complete a tier, you must complete all tasks in that tier, which will unlock the next tier. Each task that you complete rewards you with 1 soul, each tier that you complete rewards you with 3 souls. To skip a task, you must make a deal with the devil and that will cost you 10 souls!

The Leaderboard

Coming soon...

The Tasks (11 Levels of Hell)

Each task below contains the tags that an anime must have in order to claim that line, unless stated otherwise with a description of the task.

So for example a task that says "Borderline H" means you should watch an anime that has the Borderline-H tag.

If a task has an episode count on it, the anime should have a minimum of that many episodes to count for that task.

Level 1 - Stuck in Limbo
A) Explicit Sex or Borderline H - (Lust)
B) Restaurant or Food and Beverage - (Gluttony)
C) Neet or Melancholy - (Sloth)
D) Violence or Explicit Violence - (Wrath)
E) Brother Complex or Sister Complex - (Envy)
F) High Stakes Games - (Greed)
G) Overpowered Main Characters - (Pride)

Level 2 - Sinning to the Second Degree
A) Tournaments - (Conquest)
B) War - (War)
C) Survival - (Famine)
D) Terrorism or Natural Disaster - (Death)
E) Watch Fish in the Trap

Level 3 - Repeat Offender
A) Find your sinmate and group watch an anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
B) Alcohol
C) Curse
D) Deal with the Devil or Death of a Loved one
E) Ecchi
F) Write a review of an anime with a content warning tag

Level 4 - A Sinner and I Know It
A) Find your sinmate and group watch a 3+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
B) Self-harm or Pandemic
C) Physical Abuse
D) Sexual Abuse
E) Based on an Eroge

Level 5 - Five Degree Burns
A) Suicide 5+ eps
B) Animal Abuse 3+ eps
C) Find your sinmate and group watch an anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
D) Explicit Sex
E) Nudity , 2010's
F) Watch Goblin Slayer

Level 6 - Dwelling Down Below
A) Domestic Abuse 3+ eps
B) Emotional Abuse
C) Find your sinmate and group watch a 5+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
D) Physical and Sexual Abuse
E) Watch On a Lustful Night Mingling with a Preist

Level 7 - My Sin is on Fire
A) Find your sinmate and group watch a 10+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
B) Nudity 10+ eps
C) Movie, Explicit Violence
D) Write a review of an anime with a content warning tag
E) Love a Villian
F) Last Year, Explicit Violence

Level 8 - Satan is my Homie
A) Watch Ookami-san wa Taberaretai
B) Explicit Sex and Violence
C) Suicide 3+ eps
D) Watch the Tyrant Falls in Love
E) Find your sinmate and group watch a 5+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.

Level 9 - Chillin' in the Lake of Fire
A) Find your sinmate and group watch a 10+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
B) Nudity 5+ eps
C) Watch Eromanga Sensei
D) Love a Villian
E) Bullying 5+
F) Explicit Violence , Phsyical Abuse

Level 10 - Even Satan is Judging You
A) Find your sinmate and group watch a 5+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.
B) Watch Nana to Kaoru
C) Watch School Days
D) Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, 5+ eps
E) Find your sinmate and group watch a 10+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.

Level 11 - Absolutely irredeemable
A) Find your sinmate and group watch a 10+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread and write a review.
B) Watch Iya na Kao Sarenagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai
C) Watch No Money
D) Domestic Abuse, Join the Discussion
E) Watch Carnival Phantasm
F) Find your sinmate and group watch a 10+ episode anime with a content warning tag then post about it in the animes forum thread.

(Signature design to be determined)

Rules

1. You must watch a different anime for each tag.
2. You must have started and finished the anime within the season.
3. The anime you watch must total a runtime above 15 minutes.
4. It's up to you how often you post claims.
5. Respect A-P's Code of Conduct in the replies to this thread.
6. Have fun!

Dates for the Diary

Beginning of season:
January 1st, 2021

Series must be completed no later than:
March 31st, 2021

Claims must be posted no later than:
April 1st, 2021

Banner

Want to help spread the word about The Eleven Deadly Sins?

Just include the BBCode below in your signature!

Code:
[URL='https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/the-eleven-deadly-sins-challenge-summer-2020.336789/'][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/J683Da4.png[/IMG][/URL]

Any questions, let me know!

Other Great Clubs

Last edited:
This seems kinda fun but I got a question. Is there any penalty for me if I'm unable to bring myself to continue past a certain tier? Or can that just be my level? Like "Bloodlord made it too tier 3 by the end of the challenge congratz to him"

Like idk if I can make it all the way to tier 11 lol. But I would certainly try my best!

This seems kinda fun but I got a question. Is there any penalty for me if I'm unable to bring myself to continue past a certain tier? Or can that just be my level? Like "Bloodlord made it too tier 3 by the end of the challenge congratz to him"

Like idk if I can make it all the way to tier 11 lol. But I would certainly try my best!
Nope. No penalties. This is mostly just a fun little game to get you watching stuff you may not have considered before. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Oh, how amazing this sounds, though unsure if my heart can truly take such morbid sinful deliciousness!

One question: A sinmate? Is that someone here participating or anyone from AP world?
A sinmate can be anyone in the AP world. It is usual to make a post in the thread here to see if anyone from here would like to join but you can set it up with anyone :)

Hi! I participated in the Summer challenge, but skipped the Fall challenge due to the holidays. However, I'm back and would like to participate in the Winter challenge. That said, I do have a few questions. I've noticed that a few of the tasks involve watching a specific anime. If I've already seen that anime, do I have to watch it again? I'm also concerned about the tasks that involve group watches. I honestly don't know how to do group watches and even if I did, I have an old laptop that gets hung alot so I probably wouldn't be able do it anyways. I suppose I could use the souls to skip the group watch tasks (and most likely I wouldn't make it that far anyways. I'll probably only do the first two tiers, though it's possible I may attempt tier 3).

Hi! I participated in the Summer challenge, but skipped the Fall challenge due to the holidays. However, I'm back and would like to participate in the Winter challenge. That said, I do have a few questions. I've noticed that a few of the tasks involve watching a specific anime. If I've already seen that anime, do I have to watch it again? I'm also concerned about the tasks that involve group watches. I honestly don't know how to do group watches and even if I did, I have an old laptop that gets hung alot so I probably wouldn't be able do it anyways. I suppose I could use the souls to skip the group watch tasks (and most likely I wouldn't make it that far anyways. I'll probably only do the first two tiers, though it's possible I may attempt tier 3).
To answer your first question, yes you would have to rewatch the throw in this season for the point to count. For your second, you dont have to watch a show with someone at the same time. You usually set up a show that at least one other person agrees to watch and set a time frame (usually 3 or 4 days). You watch it on your own time during that timeframe and make a comment in the animes discussion thread. That is all it takes.

Otherwise you can use souls to skip it if it is still an issue.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Well since I pretty much personally crafted most of layers 1 and 2, I guess I gotta do them. Sign me up.

Also question, for the specific anime tasks, does it have to be that specific anime or can it be part of that anime franchise? Specifically, since I have already seen Goblin Slayer, would watching Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown qualify as Goblin Slayer?

Last edited:
Well since I pretty much personally crafted most of layers 1 and 2, I guess I gotta do them. Sign me up.

Also question, for the specific anime tasks, does it have to be that specific anime or can it be part of that anime franchise? Specifically, since I have already seen Goblin Slayer, would watching Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown qualify as Goblin Slayer?
In that case, you would need to rewatch the actual show. At this time we are not set up to accept anything other than the actual show stated in the tasks.

What the hell (no pun intended), I'll sign up, bring on the debauchery.

I may not get very far due to other shows I want to watch as well, but it looks like you need more participants and I am sure I can knock out a few shows for a tier or so.

Back