Daily Manga Thoughts 2: The Return

DMT: I love falling in love with new mangaka, but boy does it suck when I realize that I've read everything of theirs in English and they're almost certainly not popular enough to get much more (if any) licensed. Miracles can occasionally happen - I fell in love with Dento Hayane's work and now all but one of their titles is licensed - but not often enough.

Anyway, Nemui Asada has a wicked sense of humor and great art and I want more please.

Well, I guess I know what I'm pre-ordering now- if you like Dento Hayane and the latest manga already caught my eye, I think it's safe to say I should just get it. I can always count on you for good bl recs.

Well, I guess I know what I'm pre-ordering now- if you like Dento Hayane and the latest manga already caught my eye, I think it's safe to say I should just get it. I can always count on you for good bl recs.

Dento Hayane is definitely a mangaka who I think would suit your tastes, given what we've talked about re:bl before. Though you definitely shouldn't always trust me because I also love a whole bunch of sketchy shit (...like Nemui Asada's work) and sometimes forget that it's in stuff I rec. But Dento Hayane's work is fine! Sweet but with just enough hints of sadness to not be cloying in everything I've read.

Dento Hayane is definitely a mangaka who I think would suit your tastes, given what we've talked about re:bl before. Though you definitely shouldn't always trust me because I also love a whole bunch of sketchy shit (...like Nemui Asada's work) and sometimes forget that it's in stuff I rec. But Dento Hayane's work is fine! Sweet but with just enough hints of sadness to not be cloying in everything I've read.

Haha, I've seen and read some sketchy stuff, it's just not my preference. Funny thing- I realized after our last conversation that I just adore manga by Rihito Takarai (other than 10 Count). I had independently picked up three different stories by her and didn't even realize it, because I tend to look at the art and synopsis rather than the author. Only the Flower Knows was adorable, and I'm looking forward to reading the sequel.

DMT: So now that the 3rd Golden Boners season is over, I should prolly go back to continuing with the manga. The problem is I'm one lazy bastard.

DMT - man, Knight of the Ice is fun
e07aa76b-7c4f-4afe-b18a-627869d7b54b-e1610129381504.jpeg

You know, I had heard Delicious in Dungeon was starting to get derivatives like Heterogenia Linguistico and I guess A Witch's Printing Office but recently I found one called Dungeon Toilet which seems a bit...ridiculous.

DMT: Horimiya's anime launch got me to buy the whole damn manga series currently available in EN and then some. Now I'm on a school life romance binge and just ordered Bloom into You and read a bunch of other shit on other sites as well.

Ya boy has a real huge soft spot for school life romance, okay.

DMT: I keep falling in love with more mangaka who only have one or two single-volume titles available in English and it's starting to become a problem. Who do I need to bribe to get someone to license one of Niboshiko Arai/Ayako Noda's series in English? Her art is killer and I'm gonna need even more of it. Super double bonus points if I can get a physical copy in English and not just digital.

DMT:
I never thought I would see myself dropping a manga after an opening chapter. It was the series Witch Watch by Kenta Shinohara, and it was the newest series that was introduced in Weekly Shounen Jump. I was remembering what @Akishima said about witches should be feared and not cute, and well that was pretty much what the author was aiming for, the female protagonist being cute. And its also kind of annoying that the male protagonist has to protect her from misfortune, which is kind of ambiguous without being specific.

It feels depressing cause I liked Shinohara's work with Astra Lost in Space. Whatever, its impossible to like every new manga that comes out, and unfortunately this happens to be one of those cases.

DMT: Kyo Kara Maoh! S Valentine's 1P Manga was hot garbage. So far they were out of character but this is way off the charts. Like literally that Yuuri buying Valentine's chocolate for all the boys!? Shouldn't it be the opposite!?:cereal:

DMT: Valhalla Penis Mansion (Valhalla Otintin Brothel on this site which isn't nearly as good sounding). Now, I know what you're thinking: "Thrawn, that is some dumb fucking ass shit." And you're right, it's some dumb fucking ass shit. But it's dumb fucking ass shit with troll ass translations that truly heighten the experience of said dumb fucking ass shit. Like this is some fucking troll ass shit that somehow works in the context of the series and is not only understandable for what little bullshit story there is, but flows perfectly in what can only be described as a pro gamer move. Some of the best translations I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

Back