Gaming Discussion Thread

Dang, the worst thing that's happened to me is that I can climb through some walls.

Some are definitely luckier than others regarding that and I don't know how the PC version runs either but I guess better than on consoles. I saw some boats rotate in the air at docks and NPCs clip through each other, overlapping and choppy dialogue but without the crashes I could just laugh that off.

Finished Kiwami 2's main story.

Better than Kiwami 1's for sure, although far from Zero's level still.

The pacing woes and trivial "substories" latching onto the main plot are still an issue, but I guess my biggest criticism would be pushing the Jingweon Mafia angle too much, which isn't really anywhere as interesting as Goda Ryuji and ends up giving him less spotlight than a cool villain/rival like him deserves, even if one of the final twists ends up connecting the two things. There were many chapters where it was all about Jingweon (towards the middle especially) and I feel as though it could have been balanced better between Omi vs Tojo content and crazed zealot assholes content. Most of their plans were needlessly convoluted, too.

Terada being alive was a nice touch (I remember thinking at some point during the story that it was a possibility, then discarding the thought) and him ultimately betraying the Jingweon by disabling the bomb beforehand works a lot better for his character than a last minute redemption arc while dying - you know, the kind that always sucks.

It also means Kazama wasn't quite as terrible a judge of character after all. The top spot for that goes to Goda Jin, because I swear no one relevant in the Omi Alliance had any fucking respect or loyalty for the old guy, lol.

Sengoku was a crappy sub-villain: dumb, cowardly and power-hungry - pretty much Dojima Sohei but with rat teeth. Takashima sadly turned out to be a bad 'schemer in the shadows' type of character, but whenever he speaks I can only hear my dear Tonegawa so he gets a pass.
mvUBtAy.jpg

I'm just glad they didn't look for any random excuse to kill off Kiryu's love interest again, girl felt more like a ticking time bomb during the entire final chapter than the ticking time bomb itself. Unlike with Yumi, a character we see (barely) speaking to Kiryu a couple times during Kiwami, I felt as though Kaoru actually had a real connection to him that was shown rather than told, and I generally feel positively about her character as well bar some caveats.

So bottom line, I'm happy she's around and that they didn't grasp at straws just to make Kiryu end up in a miserable place yet again. You gotta mix in the tragic endings with the positive ones, it's basic carrot and stick stuff!
Closing thoughts: Majima's approach to deactivating a bomb is how I aspire to tackle all of life's problems.

Anyway, I did a lot of secondary stuff prior to finishing the story, but I barely touched the Cabaret Club and Clan Creator so far, so those are the two delightful time sinks I'll be focusing on next. I also learned earlier today that there's no Climax Battles in Kiwami 2 - best news I heard all week.

Once I get 100% on the Completion List I'll do the Legend run as quickly as possible, and then I'll finally move on to Majima Saga. Yes, I was always the kind of kid to leave his favorite part of the food for last. Yes, not jumping straight into Majima's story right this second is taking every bit of restraint I can muster.

Last edited:
Some are definitely luckier than others regarding that and I don't know how the PC version runs either but I guess better than on consoles. I saw some boats rotate in the air at docks and NPCs clip through each other, overlapping and choppy dialogue but without the crashes I could just laugh that off.
I actually encountered my first bug (unless I'm a victim of the typical Ubisoft counter-intuitive control scheme): I can't cast a line to fish, instead attacking the air! Woohoo! A whole minigame I don't need to bother with, apparently.

Oh, hey, you can invite Majima along to karaoke, that'll be fun, right? Right??

W̶̩̟̼̙͓͖͂̂̎̋̐̾́̈́̃̎̐̈̚͘͜h̷̪͂̽̅̑͝y̷͖̹͚̥̳̫̋͂̍̄̉͂̈́̂̄̓͘̕̚͝ ̸̧͔̤̘͉̰̥̯̜̘̼̰̗̆́̐̓͌̇̏̇͂̌̐̅̌͘͝m̶̢͚̟̹̹͇̺̮̦̳̑͆͗͑͗̄̑̐͗̾́͝͠ü̴̳͚̣͖̱̣̬̰̣̤͈̖̔̆s̴̪͖͎̪̲̗͇͈̩̩̊t̵͎̱̣̣̊̄̊̽͗̄̔͌́̊͐̏ ̴̡̥̥͓̬̗̱͉̜͈̩̉y̵͕͉̘̯̯͒̆̊͊̍̃͗͌̈́̀̐̏̂͝o̷͚̭̼͕͐̓̔̿̋̋̋̓̉͑̈̓̏͝͝ủ̸̢͓͙̲͉̝̣̟͓̹̔̎͑́̅̒͒̈́̕͜ ̴̣̈́̈́́̾̀͗̋͊́̉͜͝h̴̨̲͍̯̹̜̙̼͈̮̰̼̒̎̐̂͌͌̊͂̀͗͑̚̕͠u̴̡̧͓̖͇͊͆̓̂̿̇̾͒̈́̂́̆r̵̰̩̼͓͔̩̈́̈́́́̓͒̀̔̇͘t̸̡̮̹͈͈̝͉̲̳̗̹͎̳̅̋̇̀̌̾̚ ̶͔͎̳̜̰̈́̔̃̓͂̀͛̕m̶̧̡̛̠͕̘̤̏̐͊̆̀͛̈̂͐̀̑ͅȩ̶̟͔͔̣̼̥̻̈́̔͐ ̶̢̹̦̩̙̳̘͔̱͒͋̈́̆̓́̊̄̀̈̍͠t̵̨̢̧͉̪̫͇͓̬̫̽͐̓̑̚͝͝ͅh̷̢̧͓̦̜̗̲̜̥̲̜̙̭̽͗̈̓͑̃̓̈́̊̑͑̕̕͝i̶̢͖͇̣̭͉̫͎͛͛͋̅̎̍͊̈́̈́̚̕͝s̵̭̺̒̃̊̐́̊͒̏͠͠ ̷̹̰̜̮̥̿̀́̓͐̓̓̓̀̌̕̚ẉ̴̡̡̩̖͎̩̯̺̭̈́̒͊͂̊̽̆̇̐ą̷̛͔̣̖̮̱͔̣̈̑̓̂̓̏̉̑̋͊̕y̵͍͙͙͚̟̹͙̱̲͙̒̈́́͘ͅͅ?̴̧̨̺̬̼͂̇̓̃̂͛

Just did this. Choked me up, I'm such a sap holy shit.

Also, first time I ever got a perfect score on a song at karaoke. First try, too.
lKQlaVH.jpg

Granted, it's a nice slow song, but I did have the handicap of, uhh, something getting in my eye about a dozen times. Did it for my lad Goro though.

This turned into a monstrous ramble as expected whenever I start talking about the Shenmue games. Split this into multiple spoiler tags for readability.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm yet again playing Shenmue II, this time on the Dreamcast! I couldn't figure out how to properly convert my NTSC Shenmue 1 save to PAL as it seemed to require a hex editor to pull off, so I did a fresh file. The results have actually been a little surprising. Since I've played other versions of this game before I expected a new save file to be the same as the 2002 Xbox version... nope!

Turns out, if you start a fresh Shenmue 2 file on Dreamcast instead of importing, many of the things you'd find in Shenmue 1 which would be in your inventory when starting a new game in Xbox Shenmue 2 are missing. At first I noticed I seemingly couldn't pull off the Double Blow move, at first I thought I just forgot what the combo was (they do change some of the move inputs on a few of the move) then I noticed as I was looking through my move list that it was just not there. I then loaded up Shenmue 2 Xbox and sure enough... it was there right after starting a new game. To make a long story short, it looks as if just about every optional item or move is treated as if it were missed if starting a fresh file on Dreamcast instead of importing a save. Things that I recognized as things you were forced to pick up or learn as part of normal progression were there though. At some point I'm going to load up PS4 Shenmue 2 to see if the same thing happens. I'm pretty convinced that starting a fresh PS4 file will result in starting out the same as the 2002 Xbox version but I'm still curious as the modern rereleases do allow save importing.

As for how the game holds up and the overall experience on Dreamcast, it's pretty stellar. Shenmue II is just as good of a game to me as it always was since I originally played it, and it's even better on the Dreamcast due to not having any emulation or porting related bugs. The music for example is just that much better, on the 2002 Xbox version there was many audio related glitches when played on a 360 and the modern PS4/PC/Xbox One version has it's own issues (with that said I'll take the modern rerelease over the Xbox version on Xbox 360 any day). It's kind of hard to describe outside of saying that it just sounds much richer on the Dreamcast, and this is on a CRT from 2003 that doesn't have great speakers! Speaking of the CRT, this game looks outstanding on one.

From my point of view the gameplay still holds up great. Shenmue is always more than a bit divisive with it's gameplay style but things such as the notoriously slow pacing the series is known for are largely absent due to new features such as NPCs being able to take you to where you need to go (at varying speeds depending on their walking speed but it's not too bad once you know which NPCs are faster/slower than others) and a "wait" system. The waiting system is really a more primitive version of time skipping features we see in stuff like modern Bethesda games, you can only use it in specific spots when you're objective is something along the lines of "wait in this place until a specific time" but it's great that it's here since it reduces the amount of time spent waiting for specific events to happen to almost zero.

The bad english dub which is another series flaw is also absent as on Dreamcast it's Japanese voices only. If you're playing the 2002 Xbox release you're out of luck and stuck with the dub, the rereleases on the other hand (along with Shenmue III) have dual audio options and if the bad voice acting turns you off you can make use of that. Personally I find the dub to be charming in it's own right and some of the badness is downright iconic to me, and to be totally honest not every english voice in the two games is that bad (in particular Lan Di's voice always stood out to me as especially fitting, even though he only has a handful of lines and in the case of Shenmue II he only has a single line that's actually a rerecorded line from the original). The random NPCs on the other hand... yeeeeah they clearly got random VAs off the street for those. As a brief note on Shenmue III's dub, that was largely a case of well known english voice actors intentionally trying to give a Shenmue feel to their performance, I found it to be an improvement but your mileage will vary on that one as well as most other aspects of that game.

The one issue I do have with this game is the increased need for money to progress. There's part time jobs, pawn shops where you can sell capsule toy sets along with gambling which adds a good variety but if you want to get money fast, gambling is the way to go. You don't really have to worry about losing money thanks to the ability to save wherever you want but the process is extremely tedious if you're trying to go for something such as a "Wai Sik" roll in Big or Small. That's where you have to hope that all three dice land on the same number and it's as annoying as it sounds. With that said, if you do this once you'll more or less have enough money for the entire game, give or take. Shenmue III is far worse with this but that's a story for another day. Short version for now is that I found the amount of gambling I had to do in the third game absolutely hilarious as in I recall finding a bizarre sense of joy from it for some reason.

I'll probably be playing the third game sometime after this too! Been looking forward to playing it again and it's going to be interesting considering that the flaws of the third game are more apparent to me now than they were back when I played due to having nearly a year to process the whole experience. I'll probably still have an enjoyable time with it though. Likely will post about it when I replay it, also likely to be a bit more critical post depending on how it goes but I expect to have an enjoyable time, as I said. Crazy to think that it's been nearly a whole year since it came out and I'm still thinking about it a lot.

Randomly played a few more Dreamcast games as well, one that I remember enjoying in Nintendo 64 emulators (Army Men: Sarge's Heroes) and a few others that are interesting attempts at bringing the FPS genre to the system. Quake III is honestly the best of them and that's not saying much. The port is actually extremely good, good visuals that from what I remember of the PC version are pretty close and a mostly stable framerate but the controls are ungodly terrible. It's not even the game's fault as the main issue is from the lack of a second analog stick. As a result, you aim with the stick and you move around with A/B/X/Y which would be okay-ish if it weren't for the apparent lack of aim assist. Unreal Tournament is worse with it's terrible default control (which can be fixed) and even more uneven performance. Visually it just seemed okay.

Then I tried Outtrigger, which was like a simplified version of the arena FPS formula but in third person. It would have been okay if it weren't for the even worse controls (you look around with the stick, move with the D-pad, and if I remember right the triggers let you look around. On a standard Dreamcast controller it's as terrible as you'd expect). Also decided to try Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for fun and it was absolutely unplayable. It's such a shame because the game itself actually seems well made. A friend told me that game more or less requires the Twin Stick peripheral to be playable but IMO it should have been playable with a regular controller too instead of whatever the hell this bizarre control scheme is. I can't even describe it well. This controller seriously needed a second stick.

The good part of all that though is that this will let me remove a few things from the SD card that I don't care for so I can more precisely get a good library on this thing. Still loving this system a lot and the TerraOnion MODE is still working amazingly with the SD card. I also managed to get the two other feet into the board, but I put them into different holes to see if that would work better than trimming the feet. One of the two feet seems to hover above the metal plate in the system but the other foot does seem to set down on it which on it's own really helps the weight distribution when I go to click one of the two buttons on the board. It also helps immensely with getting the board out of the console in order to remove the SD card.

I also did play more Sonic Adventure a few days ago! Finished Sonic's Story. It was much harder than it needed to be to be honest, especially that last boss battle with the Egg Viper. I screwed up the last part of that battle multiple times primarily stemming from the bad controls/targeting with the homing attack. Once I finish Shenmue II I'll be continuing with it, here's hoping I can get through the whole thing. Surprisingly enough I want to see where the rest of the story goes and that's not something I thought I'd be saying about a Sonic game.

Finished Kiwami 2's main story.

Better than Kiwami 1's for sure, although far from Zero's level still.

The pacing woes and trivial "substories" latching onto the main plot are still an issue, but I guess my biggest criticism would be pushing the Jingweon Mafia angle too much, which isn't really anywhere as interesting as Goda Ryuji and ends up giving him less spotlight than a cool villain/rival like him deserves, even if one of the final twists ends up connecting the two things. There were many chapters where it was all about Jingweon (towards the middle especially) and I feel as though it could have been balanced better between Omi vs Tojo content and crazed zealot assholes content. Most of their plans were needlessly convoluted, too.

Terada being alive was a nice touch (I remember thinking at some point during the story that it was a possibility, then discarding the thought) and him ultimately betraying the Jingweon by disabling the bomb beforehand works a lot better for his character than a last minute redemption arc while dying - you know, the kind that always sucks.

It also means Kazama wasn't quite as terrible a judge of character after all. The top spot for that goes to Goda Jin, because I swear no one relevant in the Omi Alliance had any fucking respect or loyalty for the old guy, lol.

Sengoku was a crappy sub-villain: dumb, cowardly and power-hungry - pretty much Dojima Sohei but with rat teeth. Takashima sadly turned out to be a bad 'schemer in the shadows' type of character, but whenever he speaks I can only hear my dear Tonegawa so he gets a pass.
mvUBtAy.jpg

I'm just glad they didn't look for any random excuse to kill off Kiryu's love interest again, girl felt more like a ticking time bomb during the entire final chapter than the ticking time bomb itself. Unlike with Yumi, a character we see (barely) speaking to Kiryu a couple times during Kiwami, I felt as though Kaoru actually had a real connection to him that was shown rather than told, and I generally feel positively about her character as well bar some caveats.

So bottom line, I'm happy she's around and that they didn't grasp at straws just to make Kiryu end up in a miserable place yet again. You gotta mix in the tragic endings with the positive ones, it's basic carrot and stick stuff!
Closing thoughts: Majima's approach to deactivating a bomb is how I aspire to tackle all of life's problems.

Anyway, I did a lot of secondary stuff prior to finishing the story, but I barely touched the Cabaret Club and Clan Creator so far, so those are the two delightful time sinks I'll be focusing on next. I also learned earlier today that there's no Climax Battles in Kiwami 2 - best news I heard all week.

Once I get 100% on the Completion List I'll do the Legend run as quickly as possible, and then I'll finally move on to Majima Saga. Yes, I was always the kind of kid to leave his favorite part of the food for last. Yes, not jumping straight into Majima's story right this second is taking every bit of restraint I can muster.
Jesus, you're fast. I've been playing the game for like 3 weeks now, and I still have 4 chapters left.

Just did this. Choked me up, I'm such a sap holy shit.

Also, first time I ever got a perfect score on a song at karaoke. First try, too.
lKQlaVH.jpg

Granted, it's a nice slow song, but I did have the handicap of, uhh, something getting in my eye about a dozen times. Did it for my lad Goro though.
I lost my momentum when the animation started, and it was hard to focus. Reminds me of when I first played Baka Mitai and I started laughing so hard I completely derailed the whole song, because it caught me completely off guard.

Encountered a more persistent glitch in AC Valhalla yesterday where the vegetation around Eivor disappeared no matter where I went, even the leaves on trees. Reloading saves didn't fix it but exiting the game entirely and restarting did. After that I wanted to go back to
Jotunheim
but there the game crashed again. Sigh.

I climbed the highest mountain in Norway while listening to Immortal though. That was pretty damn awesome.
@Taek
There is a The Prodigy reference in AC: Valhalla. Smack my bishop!
Great, I only found two mildly amusing Harry Potter references so far.

Last edited:
Cabaret Club Storyline Spoilers (not a sentence I expected to write but here we go):

Wzpisns.jpg

This is it. Everything I've done so far has been leading up to this moment. :love:

I wasn't very sure Majima was actually gonna show up at the club, not even after Youda was (very obviously) speaking to him on the phone. But here he is, and it's glorious. Stuff went from 10 to 100 in a minute.

-Majima and Youda-chan are back and they save the day.
-Yuki is making her comeback as a hostess as well.
And you think she's Platinum-tier? Think again: fucking D i a m o n d. Go girl.
-Majima is the new presenter and I can't wait to hear him screech every two seconds.

It's been barely three weeks since I finished Yakuza Zero and this is already a scrumptious nostalgia sandwich all the same.

This turned into a monstrous ramble as expected whenever I start talking about the Shenmue games. Split this into multiple spoiler tags for readability.

As I mentioned in another thread I'm yet again playing Shenmue II, this time on the Dreamcast! I couldn't figure out how to properly convert my NTSC Shenmue 1 save to PAL as it seemed to require a hex editor to pull off, so I did a fresh file. The results have actually been a little surprising. Since I've played other versions of this game before I expected a new save file to be the same as the 2002 Xbox version... nope!

Turns out, if you start a fresh Shenmue 2 file on Dreamcast instead of importing, many of the things you'd find in Shenmue 1 which would be in your inventory when starting a new game in Xbox Shenmue 2 are missing. At first I noticed I seemingly couldn't pull off the Double Blow move, at first I thought I just forgot what the combo was (they do change some of the move inputs on a few of the move) then I noticed as I was looking through my move list that it was just not there. I then loaded up Shenmue 2 Xbox and sure enough... it was there right after starting a new game. To make a long story short, it looks as if just about every optional item or move is treated as if it were missed if starting a fresh file on Dreamcast instead of importing a save. Things that I recognized as things you were forced to pick up or learn as part of normal progression were there though. At some point I'm going to load up PS4 Shenmue 2 to see if the same thing happens. I'm pretty convinced that starting a fresh PS4 file will result in starting out the same as the 2002 Xbox version but I'm still curious as the modern rereleases do allow save importing.

As for how the game holds up and the overall experience on Dreamcast, it's pretty stellar. Shenmue II is just as good of a game to me as it always was since I originally played it, and it's even better on the Dreamcast due to not having any emulation or porting related bugs. The music for example is just that much better, on the 2002 Xbox version there was many audio related glitches when played on a 360 and the modern PS4/PC/Xbox One version has it's own issues (with that said I'll take the modern rerelease over the Xbox version on Xbox 360 any day). It's kind of hard to describe outside of saying that it just sounds much richer on the Dreamcast, and this is on a CRT from 2003 that doesn't have great speakers! Speaking of the CRT, this game looks outstanding on one.

From my point of view the gameplay still holds up great. Shenmue is always more than a bit divisive with it's gameplay style but things such as the notoriously slow pacing the series is known for are largely absent due to new features such as NPCs being able to take you to where you need to go (at varying speeds depending on their walking speed but it's not too bad once you know which NPCs are faster/slower than others) and a "wait" system. The waiting system is really a more primitive version of time skipping features we see in stuff like modern Bethesda games, you can only use it in specific spots when you're objective is something along the lines of "wait in this place until a specific time" but it's great that it's here since it reduces the amount of time spent waiting for specific events to happen to almost zero.

The bad english dub which is another series flaw is also absent as on Dreamcast it's Japanese voices only. If you're playing the 2002 Xbox release you're out of luck and stuck with the dub, the rereleases on the other hand (along with Shenmue III) have dual audio options and if the bad voice acting turns you off you can make use of that. Personally I find the dub to be charming in it's own right and some of the badness is downright iconic to me, and to be totally honest not every english voice in the two games is that bad (in particular Lan Di's voice always stood out to me as especially fitting, even though he only has a handful of lines and in the case of Shenmue II he only has a single line that's actually a rerecorded line from the original). The random NPCs on the other hand... yeeeeah they clearly got random VAs off the street for those. As a brief note on Shenmue III's dub, that was largely a case of well known english voice actors intentionally trying to give a Shenmue feel to their performance, I found it to be an improvement but your mileage will vary on that one as well as most other aspects of that game.

The one issue I do have with this game is the increased need for money to progress. There's part time jobs, pawn shops where you can sell capsule toy sets along with gambling which adds a good variety but if you want to get money fast, gambling is the way to go. You don't really have to worry about losing money thanks to the ability to save wherever you want but the process is extremely tedious if you're trying to go for something such as a "Wai Sik" roll in Big or Small. That's where you have to hope that all three dice land on the same number and it's as annoying as it sounds. With that said, if you do this once you'll more or less have enough money for the entire game, give or take. Shenmue III is far worse with this but that's a story for another day. Short version for now is that I found the amount of gambling I had to do in the third game absolutely hilarious as in I recall finding a bizarre sense of joy from it for some reason.

I'll probably be playing the third game sometime after this too! Been looking forward to playing it again and it's going to be interesting considering that the flaws of the third game are more apparent to me now than they were back when I played due to having nearly a year to process the whole experience. I'll probably still have an enjoyable time with it though. Likely will post about it when I replay it, also likely to be a bit more critical post depending on how it goes but I expect to have an enjoyable time, as I said. Crazy to think that it's been nearly a whole year since it came out and I'm still thinking about it a lot.

Randomly played a few more Dreamcast games as well, one that I remember enjoying in Nintendo 64 emulators (Army Men: Sarge's Heroes) and a few others that are interesting attempts at bringing the FPS genre to the system. Quake III is honestly the best of them and that's not saying much. The port is actually extremely good, good visuals that from what I remember of the PC version are pretty close and a mostly stable framerate but the controls are ungodly terrible. It's not even the game's fault as the main issue is from the lack of a second analog stick. As a result, you aim with the stick and you move around with A/B/X/Y which would be okay-ish if it weren't for the apparent lack of aim assist. Unreal Tournament is worse with it's terrible default control (which can be fixed) and even more uneven performance. Visually it just seemed okay.

Then I tried Outtrigger, which was like a simplified version of the arena FPS formula but in third person. It would have been okay if it weren't for the even worse controls (you look around with the stick, move with the D-pad, and if I remember right the triggers let you look around. On a standard Dreamcast controller it's as terrible as you'd expect). Also decided to try Virtual On: Oratorio Tangram for fun and it was absolutely unplayable. It's such a shame because the game itself actually seems well made. A friend told me that game more or less requires the Twin Stick peripheral to be playable but IMO it should have been playable with a regular controller too instead of whatever the hell this bizarre control scheme is. I can't even describe it well. This controller seriously needed a second stick.

The good part of all that though is that this will let me remove a few things from the SD card that I don't care for so I can more precisely get a good library on this thing. Still loving this system a lot and the TerraOnion MODE is still working amazingly with the SD card. I also managed to get the two other feet into the board, but I put them into different holes to see if that would work better than trimming the feet. One of the two feet seems to hover above the metal plate in the system but the other foot does seem to set down on it which on it's own really helps the weight distribution when I go to click one of the two buttons on the board. It also helps immensely with getting the board out of the console in order to remove the SD card.

I also did play more Sonic Adventure a few days ago! Finished Sonic's Story. It was much harder than it needed to be to be honest, especially that last boss battle with the Egg Viper. I screwed up the last part of that battle multiple times primarily stemming from the bad controls/targeting with the homing attack. Once I finish Shenmue II I'll be continuing with it, here's hoping I can get through the whole thing. Surprisingly enough I want to see where the rest of the story goes and that's not something I thought I'd be saying about a Sonic game.
Useful information , thanks for sharing. I love to play both video games and online games or slots in a casino. Recently, I have been spending a lot of time playing these games. If you are looking for a quality casino in which you can play cool and get satisfaction, then turn to the page. Here https://casinosters.com/3-pounds-minimum-deposit-casinos/ you will read information about the Casino with a minimum deposit of £ 3 in the UK. At the request of thousands of UK players, casino sites with a minimum deposit of £ 3 are trendy. While you can only find a few such sites in the UK, a deposit of just £ 3 is an interesting proposition. Please note that such payments can only be made with certain banking options.

Last edited:
I just remembered Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is out now and I'm about to be so distracted. Finished replaying Shenmue II, still working my way through Sonic Adventure (finished Tails' story and working my way through Knuckles' story now) and hoping to start replaying Mass Effect soon-ish with the Citadel and Lair of the Shadow Broker DLCs (probably once both of those games are done)

Grabbed Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity today. I'm really liking this so far.
Going to be interesting seeing how the story goes but I found it a bit weird that there's a time traveling R2-D2 style Guardian that plays a seemingly important role in the plot. Essentially it means that everybody knows about the Calamity ahead of time and are trying to stop it, and the Yiga Clan has their own version of said Guardian and is trying to make events proceed as they did in BOTW. Either things are going to go mostly as expected or we're gonna get some kind of alternate timeline in which the Calamity was stopped. It just occurred to me that maybe they could do this as a means to add another timeline to the series due to the previous three having been more or less merged into one due to BOTW taking place after all other timelines as far as I'm aware. Whatever the case, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
Gameplay is pretty solid, if you liked Hyrule Warriors you'll probably like this as well. My only complaint is that some of the mechanics seem to not be explained well such as that apparently when fusing weapons, new abilities only get added onto weapons when the level is a multiple of 5. I'm just fusing randomly to get raw damage increases which likely won't end well if I do post-game content but I only intend on playing through the main story plus some of the side missions. Visuals are more or less the same as BOTW and the performance is pretty okay. There's framerate drops regularly but it's really not all that different from BOTW/Hyrule Warriors framerates on Wii U.

There's also some great fanservice here! Playable Urbosa, and Impa is absolutely badass and OP! Great shit.

On another note, this video I'm watching is insane, someone linked it to me and oh man it's something:

Just finished Majima Saga and with it the entirety of Kiwami 2.

Teared up like hell. Twice. Pretty sure I don't need to say which parts did it, but regardless, it was immensely cathartic and sweet for both Majima and Makoto, and I loved every second of their scenes. Leaving this story for the very last was the perfect choice, couldn't imagine a better note on which to end my journey with not just the game, but also the series so far.

The Tojo Clan murder conspiracy stuff was okay-ish, but hardly anything to write home about, especially compared to the above. Considering how Majima was so against the idea of rejoining Tojo in the main story, I would have thought his departure from the clan would have been more turbulent than this, but I guess it makes sense as well. I also appreciated Ryuji respecting my boy.

And really, Majima leaving the yakuza was for the best, because Majima Construction is the greatest company ever. Cracked the hell up when he told Nishida and the others to just look construction shit up on the internet and start building. Oh, and did I mention their anthem is my new alarm tone in the morning?

It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I buy the Remastered Collection and tackle Yakuza 3, I feel like having played these three games in close proximity to each other quenched my thirst for a while, and with the way Majima Saga wrapped up I just feel... complete. For now, anyway - you can bet I'll be back for more.

Picking up this franchise has honestly been one of my best decisions this year and I owe it in good part to y'all for frequently gushing about it, so thanks! :drinking:

Next stop for me is Death Stranding, but I need a couple hours to let all this sink in before moving on.

Just finished Majima Saga and with it the entirety of Kiwami 2.

Teared up like hell. Twice. Pretty sure I don't need to say which parts did it, but regardless, it was immensely cathartic and sweet for both Majima and Makoto, and I loved every second of their scenes. Leaving this story for the very last was the perfect choice, couldn't imagine a better note on which to end my journey with not just the game, but also the series so far.

The Tojo Clan murder conspiracy stuff was okay-ish, but hardly anything to write home about, especially compared to the above. Considering how Majima was so against the idea of rejoining Tojo in the main story, I would have thought his departure from the clan would have been more turbulent than this, but I guess it makes sense as well. I also appreciated Ryuji respecting my boy.

And really, Majima leaving the yakuza was for the best, because Majima Construction is the greatest company ever. Cracked the hell up when he told Nishida and the others to just look construction shit up on the internet and start building. Oh, and did I mention their anthem is my new alarm tone in the morning?

It'll probably be at least a few weeks before I buy the Remastered Collection and tackle Yakuza 3, I feel like having played these three games in close proximity to each other quenched my thirst for a while, and with the way Majima Saga wrapped up I just feel... complete. For now, anyway - you can bet I'll be back for more.

Picking up this franchise has honestly been one of my best decisions this year and I owe it in good part to y'all for frequently gushing about it, so thanks! :drinking:

Next stop for me is Death Stranding, but I need a couple hours to let all this sink in before moving on.

0, K1 and K2 work perfectly as a trilogy regarding emotional payoff tbh so it's a good choice to take a break here. Y3 is gonna have more of a beach episode feel while 4 and 5 extend the cast further with new stories so the focus on main story was definitely tighter in the games you played. 6 is a pretty great entry and conclusion to Kiryu's story. Make sure to join our cries for localizing Yakuza Kenzan and Isshin in the West once you're done with everything xD

AC Valhalla now crashes every 3-4 hours or so, mostly after fast travel into densely settled towns or cutscenes. Definitely the first and last Ubisoft game I bought on launch day, this shit is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back