Television Discussion

Yo two episodes into Bly Manor. It's fucking excellent so far. I'd completely reverse my stance on having children if I could guarantee having one as precious as Flora. Sadly, can't reverse my stance because I'd want to karate kick Miles in the face.

Yo two episodes into Bly Manor. It's fucking excellent so far. I'd completely reverse my stance on having children if I could guarantee having one as precious as Flora. Sadly, can't reverse my stance because I'd want to karate kick Miles in the face.
Keep us updated because that show has some stuff I feel you'll really like later on, it blew my mind a couple times. It's perfectly splendid!

__

Watchin The Boys Season 2 and i gotta say this one is shaping up to be a lot more enjoyable than season 1 for me. Homelander is an amazing villain as always
sfw0huc4ot351.jpg
and I'm reminded how much @Zed would love watching him,
And I'm amazed that the character of
stormfront exists. Like, I know this show did political commentary, but I didn't know they'd do it from that angle. Wow.

Really getting into this so far.

Finished the boys s2! Man, for a show that's so brutal it can sure be satisfying when it wants to be.
That scene where everyone kicks the poopy outta the nazi freakazoid was one of the best moments I've ever seen on TV.
S1 showed off antony starr's homelander really well and so did this season, but s2 also really convinced me of what an amazing actor karl urban is. I legit could not imagine anyone else playing billy. I both hate him and love him equally, so as far as I'm concerned he's doing a fantastic job.

I've liked this season a lot more than s1 overall because it managed to be extremely uncomfortable all the time without getting too alienating for me like s1. Really happy i went through with watching it.

Now i might watch the umbrella academy s2, it's been a long time since the first though so I don't really remember enough about it probably other than it was a bit underwhelming.

Now i might watch the umbrella academy s2, it's been a long time since the first though so I don't really remember enough about it probably other than it was a bit underwhelming.
The first season can be kinda sorta edgy at times, but it needed to be to settle the characters and their dilemma. The second season is much more funky and fun, and it lets go of the things that didn't work before
like the relationship between Luther and Allison that was honestly gross as all hell
while giving space to things that were overlooked before
like Ben
And the characters aren't all such asses anymore either. While S1 is carried entirely by Five (and to a lesser degree Klaus) alone, S2 gives them all equal space and evolves them, so it's fun to watch even the other siblings too for a change (although Five is still the best). Overall, definitely an improvement on all fronts imho. And the soundtrack, man, the soundtrack.

Last edited:
Bly Manor was a treat and all, but man, I am so fucking pumped to watch The Haunting of Hill House again for halloween. I don't think I did an episode-by-episode commentary on it the first time I watched it, maybe I should this time. But I wonder if anyone would care.

The Haunting of Bly Manor episode 5:

I didn't like the fourth episode. It was rushed in all directions. The relationship between Dani and her fiancé was superficial and half-assed. Her relationship with Jamie was even more half-assed. Dani and Jamie gave each other some fuck me eyes in the third episode, but this episode jumps the gun into an actual queer relationship. This is especially disappointing because the first season did an actual queer character in a way that felt like a natural extension of well written character without their defining traits coming across as "my life is so tragic because I am gay." Then having Dani's not gay love interest suddenly truck-kun'd right after the break up forever giving them sadness when their gay comes out.

There are good points to episode four, mostly coming from all the other characters. My heart broke a little for Owen when his mum died.

Then we get to episode 5. It's a fucking masterpiece showcasing the two best characters. Hannah is just such a tragic figure stuck to watch everyone fuck up over and over again. Then there's poor Owen, the only one that can relate to Hannah because of his experience with his mum's dementia and yet he's turned into her integrator this episode as she's forced to confront a painful past that has left her an looped observer trying to fruitlessly warn everyone of what is coming because it's all faded memory for her until she's living it again.

Hannah just skyrocketed to the best character in the show. A tragic figure that can see everything that is going on in Bly manor, but can do nothing about it because she's stuck in a loop that leaves her memory fragmented.

Can we all just agree that Owen is sweet, handsome and all around best boy?

Then we get to episode 5. It's a fucking masterpiece showcasing the two best characters. Hannah is just such a tragic figure stuck to watch everyone fuck up over and over again. Then there's poor Owen, the only one that can relate to Hannah because of his experience with his mum's dementia and yet he's turned into her integrator this episode as she's forced to confront a painful past that has left her an looped observer trying to fruitlessly warn everyone of what is coming because it's all faded memory for her until she's living it again.

Hannah just skyrocketed to the best character in the show. A tragic figure that can see everything that is going on in Bly manor, but can do nothing about it because she's stuck in a loop that leaves her memory fragmented.
YES dude.
Hannah is the best. Owen too, only to a slightly lesser degree. I think she might have been my favorite character of both Hill House and Bly Manor, if Nell didn't exist. Hanna's just so strongly written as an individual character, and fits so well into her arc. And also she's goddamn fabulous.

I think that episode is one of the things that brings this show up to even scratching hill-house tier, because I was feeling the same about some of the previous episodes like 3 and 4. Honestly I don't mind it trading out horror for drama, but when some of the drama isn't really the best, it really needed mind-bending and tragic segments like this to get to that level and I'm happy it delivered.

Last edited:
Well, my brother and I have started watching the first season to Supernatural. Dean and Sam, two brothers taking on ghosts and other horrors, sounds like a show to watch for October. :love:

Diane, I'm watching Twin Peaks with my mom, since it's one of her favourite series and I wanted to lift her spirits, but after 4 episodes I have honestly no idea whether I like it or not. The detective plot and the characters like the Log Lady are intriguing, and I can roll with the overacting and the ... well Lynch stuff, but I can't be bothered to give a single fuck about all the romantic subplots that take up way too much time. Can at least one of them be at least mildly interesting? Or, you know, at least not straight or something? Not even the dude who beat up his wife with the soap (which was probably not supposed to be so funny) can save it. Also, is having the hots for Agent Cooper some kind of requirement for watching this show?

Diane, I'm watching Twin Peaks with my mom, since it's one of her favourite series and I wanted to lift her spirits, but after 4 episodes I have honestly no idea whether I like it or not. The detective plot and the characters like the Log Lady are intriguing, and I can roll with the overacting and the ... well Lynch stuff, but I can't be bothered to give a single fuck about all the romantic subplots that take up way too much time. Can at least one of them be at least mildly interesting? Or, you know, at least not straight or something? Not even the dude who beat up his wife with the soap (which was probably not supposed to be so funny) can save it. Also, is having the hots for Agent Cooper some kind of requirement for watching this show?

Ah, the shackles of 90s TV writing. I was mainly rolling my eyes at everybody cheating on everybody but otherwise it's a pretty fantastic show.

Yeah, this was 90's American TV. Gay people did not get relationship plots like, ever. Like it was nonexistent until Ellen came along. And even then it took a while for TV execs to okay it on the regular like we get now.

Dexter suddenly popped into my mind when thinking about TV shows that overstayed their welcome big time, so I opened the ending scene on YouTube for a quick laugh. Then I scroll down the comments and read that... they're bringing it back?

I mean, I know the rea$on, but still... why?

Dexter suddenly popped into my mind when thinking about TV shows that overstayed their welcome big time, so I opened the ending scene on YouTube for a quick laugh. Then I scroll down the comments and read that... they're bringing it back?

I mean, I know the rea$on, but still... why?

In a world where Hannibal exists there is no reason for Dexter at all.

Back