Laid-Back Camp 2nd Season

Yuru Camp Season 2???

Boy, that sounds

2NFL5.jpg

So apparently it's coming next winter season. Neat.

I realized something funny about the live-action version: It's literally filmed in a lot of the actual real-life locations that the anime studio artists went to themselves and based stuff in the show on. So in many ways the live-action series can be nearly perfect where reproducing the set-pieces is concerned.

F*** you, heat death of the universe--Yuru Camp is back!

Oh, God, just inject it straight into my veins.

I mean...there's so much to gush about, really, that it's almost silly to try and list it all. But everything that made this series amazing is still there and still as amazing as it was before. The character chemistry, the vibe, the music (holy crap--the music!!! What is that song at the end and why isn't it on a chip embedded in my brain stem?), the episode flow, the returning pine cone pun--perfect. It should be the most boring thing on the planet and yet it's already clearly going to be the best thing to come out of 2021 anime. Everything else can fight for second place--I'm calling it now.

That said, there were two utterly minor things that I found inconsequentially and only momentarily "distracting," I will admit: first, that I could not tell if the animation was different than in the first season or if slightly-younger Rin just looked a little funny (totes adorbs, of course, but maybe slightly disproportioned?); and, second, that HOLY S*** THERE ARE MEN IN THIS EPISODE.

...which, in the latter case, made me realize that, where we had mentioned how "odd" it was that the first season's only real male presence was the disembodied voice of the narrator, that was never really true (sparse though the men in the series were, of course), because there was always the dude who worked at the office at the camp grounds. Odd how easily it was forgotten. Unless it wasn't actually forgotten, at the time, and I've just forgotten that we didn't forget it, in the interim. (I mean, who cares if there were men or not, for this show, but it was something I noticed immediately when Rin's dad (Rin has a dad, guys!) popped up on screen, and it sent a sliver of my brain away to make note of it. Which is, like, not even a gripe, just a note to make it seem like I'm not gushing completely, over here.)

Like, even the start of the episode was brilliant. Did I think I wanted to watch a slightly younger Rin do the exact same thing she did at the start of the first season but worse because she hadn't gone camping before? No. I thought it was a dud of an idea. Until I watched it play out and realized I'm a moron and should smack myself for ever doubting it. It eased me into a happy place immediately, unexpectedly--just like the very first episode of the series did.

Brilliant. Love it. Can't wait to spend the next three months with this.

Episode 1:

Yes, more of this comfiness please. Just wrap me in a blanket made out of this show's essence.

Little Rin camping for the first time was adorable.

I forgot how much this show makes me want to try camping...

Thank you people for finally getting this topic here, i spent days looking for it and gave up just to comment on how i loved ep 1!!!
Sadly it's been a few days now so i will work from memory
Ep 1
Little Rin camping for the first time was adorable.
It was!!!!
I actually loved seeing Rin's first camping trip, what got her hooked, how she (obviously) wasn't always the pro solo camper she is now (though she was solo back then, weirdly enough i didn't expect her dad to leave her... even if he was just up in the cafe overseeing her). But man seeing her give it her best, even asking for help (way past my shy teen barrier there, Rin!) to get her fire going and just watching her fail her food, this show is back!

I liked it pretty much picked up where we last was too, Nadeshiko just got her job delivering her cards/letters, sounds petty but that is attention to detail, she got her job to make money and that is what she is doing (to get her gas lamp!)

I like the ED... not a statement a imagine others will likely echo but it just kind of felt nice and relaxing.
The OP... hmmm it is what it is i guess
I wont say any more anyways as its been a few days and i don't remember it 100%

I will say (thankfully not alone here), it's glad to be back!!! This stuff is perfect before bed, just lets your chill out and relax, glad to see AP has the chill-out fans too! Honestly i know people love the show for this but i wasn't expecting many to be watching and loving it so nice, more proof AP has the best community ;)

Back