News and infos sources?

anime news network, mainly.

I often don't like their opinion pieces, but they're pretty on the ball with posting actual news.

What are your sources of infos and news on the anime world? I'm really curious to know...

I just read whatever people post on AP and go from there. If it has the @Gens or @ZetsubouKaiji or @Starletka, etc. Seal of Approvalthen I know it's going to be a decent work. I'm already overworked and flush with information overload as it is, so I kinda just go with the flow and use the folks on AP as pseudo-curators.

@Starletka[/USER], etc. Seal of Approval
1E2BD7374743FB4006650F559C67FDF7B71266A1

And same tbh. The forum is a good source for news and opinions.

yeah AP tbh

I don't really look up anime news except I'll occasionally be like "oh I wonder whats up with the next season of x" and find out whatever I was thinking of is never getting another season

i mostly use AP database with a cross reference of whats been English dubbed (i prefer dub due to dyslexia).

however there are a few anime youtubers i occasionally check out.

the main youtuber i follow for anime is rageing golden eagle hes a mostly culture war and political channel and his views are pretty close to mine and so it works out that his taste in anime is fairly close to mine.
tbh my only gripe with eagle is hes a massive ecchie fan and i'm not tho i did find inter species reviewers kinda funny

i mostly use AP database with a cross reference of whats been English dubbed (i prefer dub due to dyslexia).

however there are a few anime youtubers i occasionally check out.

the main youtuber i follow for anime is rageing golden eagle hes a mostly culture war and political channel and his views are pretty close to mine and so it works out that his taste in anime is fairly close to mine.
tbh my only gripe with eagle is hes a massive ecchie fan and i'm not tho i did find inter species reviewers kinda funny
Japan seems pretty isolated, almost "insulated" in a bubble... I have yet to find a (virtual) place in which Japanese, speaking English, directly communicate with "Westerners". It is PhD research worthy material...

Japan seems pretty isolated, almost "insulated" in a bubble... I have yet to find a (virtual) place in which Japanese, speaking English, directly communicate with "Westerners". It is PhD research worthy material...
i'v spent all week trying to remember the YT channel name but there is one youtuber that is Japanese and has an English language anime channel.

if i remember rightly he is a Japanese Australian that splits his time between the 2 counties.
i was subscribed to him for a while but i unsubbed because his taste in anime is very different to mine.
if i remember the channel name i'l post it up.

i'v spent all week trying to remember the YT channel name but there is one youtuber that is Japanese and has an English language anime channel.

if i remember rightly he is a Japanese Australian that splits his time between the 2 counties.
i was subscribed to him for a while but i unsubbed because his taste in anime is very different to mine.
if i remember the channel name i'l post it up.
thanks, that would be useful :)

There are 3 anime sites I use all the time:

A-P obviously, coz it's where my base' at.

Anidb, when I want to check out translation. Some upload straight to nya without notifying anidb though, but that's an extremely rare occurrence.
World-art.ru. Russian site I've been using since 03, when I want to check out absolutely ALL anime that came out ever. In a year, season or whatever else. It got a proper design and much more info than ANN too. Used to check out Japanese calendar back in the 00s too. It's the same, but they added stuff even faster (coz it's the Japanese analogue, duh), but it died ages ago apparently. Wonder, if Japanese got a new source hidden somewhere?
I come over to MAL very rarely too, but that's to check super obscure stuff at the clubs usually. Or add something to A-P, I guess. Don't remember when I logined there last time. Must have been close to a decade by now.

Mainly A-P now, but sometimes I also check Anime News Network. I honestly don't have as much free time as I'd like, so I can't be looking up that many things. It's usually when something catches my eye that I look into it.

here and CrunchyRoll is where I get my anime news. so I'm thankful to be part of a site that is updated and friendly community. it sure would be a sad day if CR deleted their forums like Funimation did.

here and CrunchyRoll is where I get my anime news. so I'm thankful to be part of a site that is updated and friendly community. it sure would be a sad day if CR deleted their forums like Funimation did.
that's scary. To be honest, the move that some major players in the industry did (creating a Youtube channel to stream their content) is a double edged sword for similar reasons. and I am crossing fingers for things to to in the best way for us anime fans.

Well, it might sound really awkward, but my main source of information regarding anime, is my lawyer. Just don't ask any questions, i know it is awkward however, it is what it is. He is probably the biggest anime lover i ever met.
one of my lawyers is an hardcore anime fan. Can it be a lawyers thing?

Back