Jujutsu Kaisen

TOHO animation released the PV

I've read around 60 chapters of the manga a while ago (I keep it on hold for now) and it's the generic stuff you can expect from a shounen - school life - supernatural (monster edition).
Although I had some fun reading it, I often got bored and did't really care about the characters... Maybe it's gonna be more engaging as an anime.
The PV looks decent, surely gonna check it out.

I've been enjoying the manga actually, and I thought Yuji's character developed pretty decently, compared to another obvious shounen series that's been over-hyped. Yes, its an urban fantasy, but there's one element I've enjoyed about Jujutsu Kaisen.
The fact that Yuji is possessed by a powerful evil spirit. But unlike Naruto who becomes all buddy-buddy with the nine-tailed fox, this spirit wants to take over Yuji's body.

This is straight-up horror compared to Naruto. And due to the epic fight Yuji had near chapter 100, I've grown to like this series. I feel optimistic about this series, and hope the anime is a success.

This sounds interesting, though I'm not really a fan of horror.

How gruesome/gory is the manga?
(as a measuring stick, I found Attack on Titan too gory)

This sounds interesting, though I'm not really a fan of horror.

How gruesome/gory is the manga?
(as a measuring stick, I found Attack on Titan too gory)
There is body horror, plus in the recent chapter this one character's jaw was almost falling off. So yeah, its a pretty brutal series, but that's to be expected knowing the audience right now in shounen Jump. It actually feels like a return to the 80s era of shounen Jump if I'm being honest.

There is body horror, plus in the recent chapter this one character's jaw was almost falling off. So yeah, its a pretty brutal series, but that's to be expected knowing the audience right now in shounen Jump. It actually feels like a return to the 80s era of shounen Jump if I'm being honest.
The average age of Jump's readership has been rising over the last decade or so, with over half being over 18, and still rising. So the magazine is increasingly following suit where the violent series are concerned.

The average age of Jump's readership has been rising over the last decade or so, with over half being over 18, and still rising. So the magazine is increasingly following suit where the violent series are concerned.
The magazine ran Fist of the North Star, which had people being blown up into bloody chunks on the regular so I don't think we've quite returned to peak violence yet.

Wasn't sure how i would find the first episode because I just stumbled across it however I really enjoyed the first episode and can't wait for a second one

While I still keep up with the manga every week, I still somehow forgot how much I loved this story, and so far (with episode 1), they're doing everything right. If they keep this up, the anime will be just as good as the manga, if not better. Normally I back away from anime adaptations of manga I've already read, but this one's just vibing with me you know? Really excited about this one.

Back