Burning Kabaddi

You know, "I'm always keen and interested in anime covering sports I'm not really too familiar with." Sports you're not familiar with, i.e., all of them. Meaning, you'd be interested in basically all sports anime.
It was a joke. I REGRET nothing.
galaxy-brain-meme.jpg

Being an Indian it was nice to see an anime based on our sport and that too so well made... Just watched the first episode and I am hyped just as much as I was when I first started Kuroko No Basuke... Hopefully, my expectations don't die...lol

Animation wasn't particularly spectacular or anything, but they explained the sport in a fun way and I think I get it now. Stupid muscle boys having big sweaty fights? Seems fun, I'm in!

an anime about kabaddi..? what..? how did this happen..?

do they say "kabaddi, kabaddi, kabaddi!" the whole time as they're meant to..?
That'll be interesting to know since it's such a core part of the sport. I might watch the first episode just to see that.

an anime about kabaddi..? what..? how did this happen..?

do they say "kabaddi, kabaddi, kabaddi!" the whole time as they're meant to..?

Yeah, though they handle it pretty smoothly - it gets faded out so there's louder internal monologue, and it's kind of treated as a background noise a lot of the time. There was a bit where nobody seemed to be saying kabaddi during what looked like a play, which could have been an oversight - but could just have been me not understanding the rules.

Yeah, though they handle it pretty smoothly - it gets faded out so there's louder internal monologue, and it's kind of treated as a background noise a lot of the time. There was a bit where nobody seemed to be saying kabaddi during what looked like a play, which could have been an oversight - but could just have been me not understanding the rules.

that makes sense

Episode 1:

Well, this is hecka fun. I'm in.

It's funny enough that MC swears off sports to be a frikkin' livecaster, but then the reaction faces come in and they're all just top-tier stuff.

kabaddi-face-1.jpg

kabaddi-face-2.jpg

godly-livecasters.jpg

This is the meathead kind of fun rugby anime wishes it were.

Back