Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Yes, I meant university. I sorta use the terms interchangeably.

well, you are American after all... in my part of the world though, it's "high school" and "college" that are interchangeable. kind of. i mean, college is where you go for a year or two before you are qualified to apply for university. i believe that's how it is in the UK too...

LT: My grandma on my mother's side died yesterday. She had been suffering from Parkinson's for years and thankfully passed away in her sleep. She loved Elvis and rock 'n' roll so wherever she is now I hope she can dance her butt off.

Very sorry for your loss... :(

LT: Ever since today, my Discord keeps crashing every time I try to look at A-P's Discord, or the anime bingo challenge Discord. (I can still talk with friends though.) I noticed Discord had an update though, so I guess I'll wait a day or two.

Edit: It seems to have fixed itself now. *Thumbs up*

Last edited:
LT:

EU travel banning the US:

WastefulGroundedLiger-size_restricted.gif

Not That big. The total undergraduate enrollment is 13, 871.

LT: Waiting to meet with my advisor to register for classes is making me nervous. They put us in classes based on a survey, however, a lot of people have talked about needing to met with them again and needing their schedules reworked.
not that big! lol
13 thousand is more people than live in some English towns

well, you are American after all... in my part of the world though, it's "high school" and "college" that are interchangeable. kind of. i mean, college is where you go for a year or two before you are qualified to apply for university. i believe that's how it is in the UK too...
Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. In the US, you can go straight to a college or a university after high school.
not that big! lol
13 thousand is more people than live in some English towns
I mean, it's not that small, but it's still smaller than the bigger schools. Example: University of Florida had a total undergraduate of about 35,000 in 2018-2019.

thats basically correct about the uk

tho our high schools take kids from 11 to 16. those that have a 6th form take kids till 18.
if your at a normal secondry school that dont have a 6th form then you go to college after your 5th year

Interesting. I wasn't aware of that. In the US, you can go straight to a college or a university after high school.

I mean, it's not that small, but it's still smaller than the bigger schools. Example: University of Florida had a total undergraduate of about 35,000 in 2018-2019.

I'm glad my university class sizes weren't that big honestly, I prefer less people tbh.

thats basically correct about the uk

tho our high schools take kids from 11 to 16. those that have a 6th form take kids till 18.
if your at a normal secondry school that dont have a 6th form then you go to college after your 5th year

to my mind, grades 9 and 10 are high school. if, rather than preparing one for Federal or Provincial Board examinations, the school prepares one for the Cambridge International Examinations, there's also an 11th grade which would also be counted as high school. then one needs two years of further schooling to get qualifications to apply for Bachelor's. clearing one's "A" levels for example. that's college. one gets done with college at the age of 17 or 18 if one's not repeated or skipped any years.

Last edited:
to my mind, grades 9 and 10 are high school. if, rather than preparing one for Federal or Provincial Board examinations, the school prepares one for the Cambridge International Examinations, there's also an 11th grade which would also be counted as high school. then one needs two years of further schooling to get qualifications to apply for Bachelor's. clearing one's "A" levels for example. that's college. one gets done with college at the age of 17 or 18 if one's not repeated or skipped any years.
I'm learning a lot today. Did you take the AICE,(Cambridge Exams), tests? FL is either one or the only state that dies it in the U.S. at my high school, we take AICE General Paper in 9th grade and 3 AICE classes each in 10th and 11th grades.

LT: Waiting to meet with my advisor to register for classes is making me nervous. They put us in classes based on a survey, however, a lot of people have talked about needing to met with them again and needing their schedules reworked.

Based on a survey? That's new. How does that work exactly? Usually, everyone has to take the same basic core classes/generals before they major, or does your uni do a more focused approach?

Not That big. The total undergraduate enrollment is 13, 871.

I've never been to college/university but this sounds like a very strange method... wouldn't this screw over people with more specific goals?

Based on a survey? That's new. How does that work exactly? Usually, everyone has to take the same basic core classes/generals before they major, or does your uni do a more focused approach?
So, we filled out a survey on what classes we would be interested in taking for our general educations classes, and they take in account our majors. Although, they messed up a some people's schedules and we only had 15 minutes with our academic advisors. Due to it being online, it was more confusing than it should be.
I've never been to college/university but this sounds like a very strange method... wouldn't this screw over people with more specific goals?
Yeah, it does. While they try to take in account majors, their schedule may need to be rearranged to fit in pre-requisites or they just can't get in that semester. You also don't get a chance to talk to your academic advisor that much. They can schedule meetings with them, but it's a bit messy.

So, we filled out a survey on what classes we would be interested in taking for our general educations classes, and they take in account our majors. Although, they messed up a some people's schedules and we only had 15 minutes with our academic advisors. Due to it being online, it was more confusing than it should be.

Yeah, it does. While they try to take in account majors, their schedule may need to be rearranged to fit in pre-requisites or they just can't get in that semester. You also don't get a chance to talk to your academic advisor that much. They can schedule meetings with them, but it's a bit messy.

That actually doesn't sound too bad- unless you have absolutely no idea what you're going to major in. I think I was always a bit disappointed with school advisors- I was looking for someone to give me some guidance on what I wanted to do for a career, but basically all they did was make sure I was taking the right classes at the right time to graduate on time. That's certainly important and never skip going to your advisor at least once a year, but figuring out what you want to do is pretty much left up to you.

That actually doesn't sound too bad- unless you have absolutely no idea what you're going to major in. I think I was always a bit disappointed with school advisors- I was looking for someone to give me some guidance on what I wanted to do for a career, but basically all they did was make sure I was taking the right classes at the right time to graduate on time. That's certainly important and never skip going to your advisor at least once a year, but figuring out what you want to do is pretty much left up to you.
Yeah, I feel bad for the people with undeclared majors. It really sucks for the people that weren't able to met with the advisors due to not having the drug, alcohol, etc. online courses done for orientation.
Can’t say I’m exactly surprised when Florida is such a weird ass place......
I mean, my junior orientation leader told us don't have crack parties on campus and told us a parking lot that we could go to. Another orientation leader talked about weed. FL's weird, but my hometown is just boring. Well, our old neighbor used to wrestle gators in the backyard, but that's really it.

I mean, my junior orientation leader told us don't have crack parties on campus and told us a parking lot that we could go to. Another orientation leader talked about weed. FL's weird, but my hometown is just boring. Well, our old neighbor used to wrestle gators in the backyard, but that's really it.

I can't even remember what my orientation was like. I'm pretty sure I zoned out and stopped paying attention after they made us sit in the stadium and learn the school song/dance. That was a gigantic waste of time.

I loved orientation after I started working for the university, though. So much leftover free food that we could eat/take home after all the freshmen and their parents were done with it.

Yeah, I feel bad for the people with undeclared majors. It really sucks for the people that weren't able to met with the advisors due to not having the drug, alcohol, etc. online courses done for orientation.

Wut, you have to do drug & alcohol orientation? That's so weird. I certainly don't remember any mention of campus life outside of what classes to take. Then again, I never lived on-campus and transferred to university after getting my Associate's degree at a local community college. I suppose it's a completely different animal if you live in the dorms though. I learned about who to call if I had issues from the posters on the bulletin board and in the bathroom. It has been a decade since I went to college though.

I can't even remember what my orientation was like. I'm pretty sure I zoned out and stopped paying attention after they made us sit in the stadium and learn the school song/dance. That was a gigantic waste of time.

I loved orientation after I started working for the university, though. So much leftover free food that we could eat/take home after all the freshmen and their parents were done with it.
They decided to do skies on like why to study instead of partying or something like that. I just remember in one of the skits a kid calls his mom and his mom just responds the way adults do in Charlie Brown. It was rather cringey.
Wut, you have to do drug & alcohol orientation? That's so weird. I certainly don't remember any mention of campus life outside of what classes to take. Then again, I never lived on-campus and transferred to university after getting my Associate's degree at a local community college. I suppose it's a completely different animal if you live in the dorms though. I learned about who to call if I had issues from the posters on the bulletin board and in the bathroom. It has been a decade since I went to college though.
They were online modules where you took a pre-test where you needed 7 out 10 question right to pass and about an hour to finish all three on drugs, alcohol, and consent. After that, you needed to pass the post-test to see what classes you were registered for.

They decided to do skies on like why to study instead of partying or something like that. I just remember in one of the skits a kid calls his mom and his mom just responds the way adults do in Charlie Brown. It was rather cringey.

They were online modules where you took a pre-test where you needed 7 out 10 question right to pass and about an hour to finish all three on drugs, alcohol, and consent. After that, you needed to pass the post-test to see what classes you were registered for.

Ok, that's just weird. Then again, I transferred to university after getting my associate's degree at a local community college, so maybe I skipped all that. Idk. Anyway, don't stress- everyone freaks out the first couple of weeks, but then you settle into things. If I had to do college over, the only things I'd do differently would be to try out more clubs and do at least one internship. Because it is possible to graduate and still not know what you want to do. However, sounds like you have a better idea than I ever did.

Oh, and crocodile-wrangling neighbor is hilarious. I used to hate being from the boonies, but now I realize I was kind of lucky.

One reason I think I can't really wrap my head around far right ideology and the reason I haven't really bought into Communism or Anarchism is because such ideologies are predicated on the idea that a utopia did/does exist and is achievable but I personally think that every person has some kind of flaw nor can they fully live up to an ideal thus a utopia created by a human system is always doomed to either be imperfect or brief before being corrupted by greed, ambition or what have you.

Back