The Quintessential Quintuplets ∬

Whaaaaaaat?! OK, so I'm not all that surprised. Japanese boys were probably drooling over the prospects of an orgie with identical quintuplets. Also weebs. Weebs were, totally fantasizing about it, too.

Boring, studious protagonists get all the girls, no matter how douchey they act. Almost makes me wish I were studious.

Whaaaaaaat?! OK, so I'm not all that surprised. Japanese boys were probably drooling over the prospects of an orgie with identical quintuplets. Also weebs. Weebs were, totally fantasizing about it, too.

Boring, studious protagonists get all the girls, no matter how douchey they act. Almost makes me wish I were studious.

Just reminds me of an anime adaptation of the early 2000s Disney made-for-TV teen pregnancy movie "The Quints" tbh

The sales of the manga have been rising like crazy since the anime so I'm not too surprised. I'm really glad it's getting a second season, just hope they can up the production values. If every episode looked as good and was as well directed as episode 11, I'd be one happy viewer.
The fanbase is actually a damn war zone it's crazy. They all love theorizing and what not but once discussion of best girl starts be prepared to take cover. I remember similar in the Nisekoi days but dialed up even more now.

The fanbase is actually a damn war zone it's crazy. They all love theorizing and what not but once discussion of best girl starts be prepared to take cover. I remember similar in the Nisekoi days but dialed up even more now.
I just hope it's not the one that I'm 100% sure it is.

Show has been delayed from Fall 2020 to Winter 2021
No.

No, that's not--it can't be...

tenor.gif

COVIIIIIIIIIIIIID!!!
...-19!!!

The first season ended in a wedding, where is a harem supposed to go after a wedding?
Technically, the crux of the series is figuring out which sister he marries in the future. To the point where we saw the wedding in the first episode, I think.

So, in this case, the harem is going where it always has been: to the wedding--because they still haven't revealed who wins.

As long as the second season is going somewhere, that's what matters. Felt like the first season was more or less an introduction, a slow one of course, but still an introduction nevertheless.

My goddamned friends just spoiled who the bride is to me and I don't know how to live anymore. The second season better have some romance with other girls at least or I'll just regret it for the rest of my life. I'm not going to say who it was, but fuck I was really surprised.

My goddamned friends just spoiled who the bride is to me and I don't know how to live anymore. The second season better have some romance with other girls at least or I'll just regret it for the rest of my life. I'm not going to say who it was, but fuck I was really surprised.
At some point, I would assume they're going to have to introduce actual romantic threads to the story--that is, scenarios that are explicitly addressing romantic tensions coming from Futaro--though I wonder if they're going to get to that point, in the second season.

Given how far into the manga the first season of the anime went (that is, not especially far, if I'm not mistaken), I suppose the choice is going to be to either adapt the next chunk with the intention of maybe eventually doing the whole series (though, more likely, stopping there and luring everyone into reading the manga), or they're going to try to wrap up the story regardless of where in the series they decide to stop.

If it's the former, we may not get ANY real lines of romance, just building stronger bonds and deepening crushes on the side of the girls. If it's the latter...well, gosh I hope they ratchet up the romantic tensions. (Also, if they go this route, I wonder if they'll deviate from who wins in the comics...)

Regardless, I expect it to be even better than the first season. Because, thus far, that comic (through Vol. 8) has been everything I could want from this kind of series, which is exactly what we were getting in the latter half of the first season--only more and better.

Episode 1
no really, way too much Itsuki, no one cares about her! Not much happened for ep1, pretty much just him recovering in hospital as he pushes onto who the girl he used to know is...
The one thing i didn't like was... well, the above! Whilst we can definitely say it's hitting plot on the head off the bat, up until now Futaro never seemed overly interested in the girl in the picture or associating her, now he is having flashbacks of her out of nowhere and already deciding its likely one of the quintuplets... This could be me but other than a huge jump of the gun, i don't think the transition really fits from where was was at the end of season 1 considering this starts right where we left off (without splitting hairs anyway).

Not to say that's a terrible thing but its just a bit out of place from where we was going before.

Also he never before made much of a problem of telling them apart, i guess i could attribute this to... well him not caring, i also couldn't help think it was forced, especially the end one with Miku, the headphones are a dead giveaway even if your not paying attention.

Now don't get me wrong, i do want the story to develop, but right in ep1 felt a bit quick, I loved S1 for its characters, i want to still love them characters too, not just rush forward. I think next episode would of made more sense.

on another note - turns out this game is getting a visual novel game... I saw rumours of this a month or so back and was going to post it but figured it was just some overhyped fan making some far art... turns out it was actually true and it is getting a game (VN).
iAXtR0y.jpg

Its a original story but if someone loves this series so and needs to see more of their favourite tuplet, here you go!

AND WE ARE BACK!!!

Oh, I've missed you, show.

Far less of a bang! zoom! reintroduction than I would have expected, but dammit if I'm not thrilled that I get to dig back into this. I turned out to be a huge fan of the first season, and I love the manga (no spoilers--promise!).

If this first episode tells us anything, it's that we're definitely going to be building off of full-on kickoff of the romance aspect of the story that we got towards the end of last season, which is where this series shines the brightest. Much as I love the antics, its strongest suit is 100% the romantic conflict. (Because it draws out the character-driven (rather than the plot-driven) storytelling.)

Fully on board. Fully excited.

Fully ready to argue about ranking the quints.

here we go again :D
It's simultaneously better and worse, somehow. Like, it's higher quality images with more amateur animations, but also with more deliberate (read as: "artsy") consideration of shot composition. I'd actually be interested to know the backstory for why it looks like it does. (Like, is this some kind of tradeoff because of the delay? Did it get punted to a new studio that's full of recent college grads who saw the second season was going to be on perma-hiatus and then offered their services on the cheap for the chance to really get something with name recognition under their belts?)

Also he never before made much of a problem of telling them apart
Didn't he, though? I know you were rewatching it, recently, so maybe I'm just not remembering it clearly, but I thought he wasn't really able to tell them apart by appearance, but he also didn't care too much about not being able to tell them apart by appearance. With the implication being that he now wants to, because of romcom.

Or maybe that's just head-canon. What do I know.

but if someone loves this series so and needs to see more of their favourite tuplet
tenor.gif

Its good to know we got a talker topic again this season hehehe
tenor.gif
[/QUOTE]
I meant us both lol.
Times like this make me wish i had a console to play this stuff on, i could retreat into full on fanboy mode and forever live in a world of Yotsuba and Miku bliss... and i don't even care i just typed that for everyone to see...

ahem, on topic:
but I thought he wasn't really able to tell them apart by appearance,
From memory he made a point of it in ep 1 and 2 though 2 was really just in the Miku chase... which could of been in ep 1... ahem anyway, when he first meets them and wants them to do as he says. Otherwise there is the end episodes at the Skiing resort but this was only about Itsuki and was less about them looking the same and more about her hiding behind a hood and goggles.
Honestly though, through the season he mostly always knows who is who... oh i guess there is always a towel scene he gets lost in (ep1 of S2 doesn't let this one down again either). Errr point being, in normal events they are who they are and not so much hiding in one another's identity. Buuuut im not stubborn enough to admit... you made me realise (with no effort) you may have proven me wrong as more scenes keep coming to mind, dammit Futaro!

Like, it's higher quality images with more amateur animations
As someone who is blind to 99% of animation based comments i do have to chime in and second this, i was never the most happiest to see a new art style when it was trailered but i accepted it, a not-so refined art style is nothing to turn your nose at when your getting a additional 13 episodes (or 12) of a series you love after all. Sooo when watching i didn't hate it as much as i thought, well i didn't hate the art that is. It looked nice (still images like looking at Futaro in his bed), but once we get over the slightly brighter vibrant colour set... things start looking a bit... ahem, cheap?
Did it get punted to a new studio that's full of recent college grads
I mean... this honestly sounds pretty legit and plausible to me.

Fully ready to argue about ranking the quints
no such thing, as long as people accept their choice as Yotsuba, Miku, Nino as a #1, nothings wrong!
But yeah i am pretty psyched, whilst harems are something i watch, i rarely look forward to any, and as long as the thread isn't 10 pages of "It's not fair xxx doesn't get this treatment" i think we all good, we survived other shows after all. I'm just pretty happy to see them back on screen, even if animated by some 20 year olds who never worked on a real anime project, i will still watch (and hopefully love) it.

Still, can't wait to see more, it's gonna be a pretty fun winter for sure!

Back