Daily Manga Thoughts 2: The Return

Hey Guys i am a huge Fan of Hana and the Beast man^^!! Since I read the First chapter, the Manga captivates me and I can Not stop reading it^^ Im eagerly waiting for chapter 12 and to be honest I have always asked myself the question the manga will one Day Come out as a book and in german? The manga is fantastic a heartfelt thanks to the author of this book!!! Does anyone know if the manga will ever come out as a book? Or will IT always be read online ?

I checked them both out! i actually really adore the supernatural/ superpower aspect of undead unluck, the main duo has such a weird dynamic and i love it. spy x family is super charming too. now im a big simp for Andy and Anya oops

ty for the recs! you nailed it.
Well, what else is new? You're welcome.

New Undead Unluck chapter just came out, and I'm loving the rules and conditions on the powers. You have to be fond of the target of your OP power for it to actually trigger? That's so goddamn interesting and informs what kind of person you have to be to be able to actually use it offensively at all! Love it!

Last edited:
Hey Guys i am a huge Fan of Hana and the Beast man^^!! Since I read the First chapter, the Manga captivates me and I can Not stop reading it^^ Im eagerly waiting for chapter 12 and to be honest I have always asked myself the question the manga will one Day Come out as a book and in german? The manga is fantastic a heartfelt thanks to the author of this book!!! Does anyone know if the manga will ever come out as a book? Or will IT always be read online ?
Well, seems like it's digital only in English but if that means you'll ever even get a German version is another problem entirely

Well, that Josei manga Dokuhime is turning out to be a fun ride. It has that dark twisted-ness to it that I have to find out what will happen to the characters. Plus its interesting, the idea of the human body being immune to poison, as well as using the poison in that person's body as a weapon. Of course, one of the more obvious examples would be Magellan from One Piece. Plus the Forgeries from Deadman Wonderland. And a few characters from Inu-Yasha.

Wonder how many human poison weapons there are in anime/manga that I don't know about? Its worth looking into though.

So I finally finished Dokuhime:
this was a pretty good Gothic romance. Its tragic what happened to Kait and Lycoris, since they died together as the castle was being burned to the ground. But at least the other poison princesses got to live the rest of their lives normally. Glad Garre finally got his desserts when he got beheaded by Mao. Its sad how Haoma was manipulated into attacking Glandol with his own country. But it at least created some character development for Kait towards the end at least.

I really wish series like these got more anime adaptions. As much as I enjoy my shounen series, there are some that just don't deserve to be adapted. Glad Mihara has had an impact on the Gothic genre, and it looks like the Dokuhime manga has a sequel now. But I don't know if a scan group is going to pick it up as a project yet. I think I'll be getting into My Monster Secret as my next series.

DMT: Frieren at the Funeral is one of the few series I've seen that actually explored what it's like to be a long-lived race like an elf, with everyone else dying at speeds that your passage of time perceives like some pet hamster's lifespan. And instead of more "aloof elf" trope it's instead more of a focus on her deciding to actually get to know short-lived individuals more than she did before.

DMT: Frieren at the Funeral is one of the few series I've seen that actually explored what it's like to be a long-lived race like an elf, with everyone else dying at speeds that your passage of time perceives like some pet hamster's lifespan. And instead of more "aloof elf" trope it's instead more of a focus on her deciding to actually get to know short-lived individuals more than she did before.
So I take it you're the 11th guy who marked it as 'reading' then?

It's quite enjoyable indeed, I hope it keeps up like this
Also: yay for weekly series!

DMT: Damn, Kodansha actually listened to my pleas for them to please, please, make a Humble Bundle with Princess Jellyfish in it, something which I thought was pretty much just gonna be a pipe dream. It's a bundle with Princess Jellyfish and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju in it, even, it's basically a miracle.

Maybe next I can dream that one day they might do a bundle that includes more than two titles aimed at a female audience?

DMT: Damn, Kodansha actually listened to my pleas for them to please, please, make a Humble Bundle with Princess Jellyfish in it, something which I thought was pretty much just gonna be a pipe dream. It's a bundle with Princess Jellyfish and Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju in it, even, it's basically a miracle.

Maybe next I can dream that one day they might do a bundle that includes more than two titles aimed at a female audience?
A shame I own both of those already and Parasyte. The rest isn't very interesting to me, sadly.

A shame I own both of those already and Parasyte. The rest isn't very interesting to me, sadly.

Such is the way of most of their bundles for me. I got one last year for Mushishi but half of it I didn't even bother downloading because it'd just be taking up hard drive space for stuff I have no intention of reading. And if Princess Jellyfish weren't in this one, I definitely wouldn't've bothered since I already have Rakugo in print and I don't care about any of the others. But $20 for Princess Jellyfish, ahhh.

I just want them to do a romance bundle or something so I don't end up with a third set of To Your Eternity vols in my quest for more cheap titles.

DMT: Christ, can they just update the mangaplus app already? Seeing double page spreads be split in half is infuriating, and plenty people have pointed out that apparently this is not a very difficult coding issue at all.
If they want people to use the legal alternatives consistently then they need to get basic shit like this fixed. Pirate sites fixed this like ten years ago.
Undead Unluck has some of the best double pages in Jump, and this is just so goddamn annoying.

I don't know if anyone keeps up with Tower of God manhwa now, but holy fuck is it incredible recently. The arc we're currently in is ramping everything up. The chapters are so long but they just breeze by with how great they've been lately.

That KhunxBam hug was so good. Broke certain parts of the internet when that happened. White is giving off some serious Hisoka vibes now.

DMT: Christ, can they just update the mangaplus app already? Seeing double page spreads be split in half is infuriating, and plenty people have pointed out that apparently this is not a very difficult coding issue at all.
If they want people to use the legal alternatives consistently then they need to get basic shit like this fixed. Pirate sites fixed this like ten years ago.
Undead Unluck has some of the best double pages in Jump, and this is just so goddamn annoying.
It's most often fixed in a 'per page' view, but why they don't fix it entirely is beyond me

@Coalescence My excitement to pick it back up just keeps increasing every week! You and one other friend of mine have me tempted to pick it up again right now...
(I'd have quoted your post but doing that makes stuff in spoiler tags fully visible in the posting box)

DMT: With the new partnership on AP allowing for some manga chapters to be available here I wonder if a similar partnership could happen with Webtoon. Being able to read Tower of God directly here would be amazing

Last edited:
@Coalescence My excitement to pick it back up just keeps increasing every week! You and one other friend of mine have me tempted to pick it up again right now...
(I'd have quoted your post but doing that makes stuff in spoiler tags fully visible in the posting box)

DMT: With the new partnership on AP allowing for some manga chapters to be available here I wonder if a similar partnership could happen with Webtoon. Being able to read Tower of God directly here would be amazing

You should pick it back up, it's getting stupid good. What arc did you leave it at?

I don't know if anyone keeps up with Tower of God manhwa now, but holy fuck is it incredible recently. The arc we're currently in is ramping everything up. The chapters are so long but they just breeze by with how great they've been lately.

That KhunxBam hug was so good. Broke certain parts of the internet when that happened. White is giving off some serious Hisoka vibes now.
I'm a few chapters behind with being at season 3 chapter 58. I would probably say i found the later half of season 2 interesting and the stakes are definitely rising in season 3.

You should pick it back up, it's getting stupid good. What arc did you leave it at?
I’m pretty sure it was the end of the Workshop Battle arc. If I remember right it was after that arc when the official translation had just started and I remember lots of technical issues with the site that led to me stalling it then I completely forgot to pick it back up! I forgot almost everything too so I more or less get to reread it blind!

I’m pretty sure it was the end of the Workshop Battle arc. If I remember right it was after that arc when the official translation had just started and I remember lots of technical issues with the site that led to me stalling it then I completely forgot to pick it back up! I forgot almost everything too so I more or less get to reread it blind!

You have a good chunk to catch up with then. I remember the technical issues as well, but now it's really good, the app works really well too and is where i read it. I got suckered into paying for the "fastpass" a year ago when i was stuck in an airport for 18hrs with nothing to do after bad weather, and now i can't go three weeks without reading to catch up to the free episodes, so i'm stuck paying for each chapter like a fool.

But hey, if it helps SIU and helps the series continue, i'm fine with it. I happily pay for things i enjoy a hell of a lot less than TOG.

You have a good chunk to catch up with then. I remember the technical issues as well, but now it's really good, the app works really well too and is where i read it. I got suckered into paying for the "fastpass" a year ago when i was stuck in an airport for 18hrs with nothing to do after bad weather, and now i can't go three weeks without reading to catch up to the free episodes, so i'm stuck paying for each chapter like a fool.

But hey, if it helps SIU and helps the series continue, i'm fine with it. I happily pay for things i enjoy a hell of a lot less than TOG.
I'm looking forward to my eventual binge! About the fastpass/paid chapters, does that work at all on a PC or do you have to use a phone? The site seems to imply that a phone is required to even access them, I probably wouldn't be using the fastpass option until I have some things sorted out first though (that and I got lots to binge before I worry about that).

Back