Anime-Planet x HIDIVE partnership: stream even more anime on A-P!

oh! Anime planet has ads? I may have to turn off my adblocker because I want to support this team however I can, TY!

We have very few ad units across the site, because my goal was to provide a non-annoying design for the community. It's the main way we can keep the site up and running, so adding an exception for the site is greatly appreciated!

It's live, but availability depends on your region

ok. By spot checking, I couldn't find anything that is offered by HiDive on AP unless it is also offered by Crunchyroll, so it's hard to tell if I can see anything from this new partnership. I'm in the US, if that helps.

Also, just two random comments. At the top of the watch-online page, it might be nice if this line "Legal and industry-supported due to partnerships with the anime industry!" had a link to a page that listed/explained the partnerships. I know at one point AP had Crunchyroll, Hulu, and I think, Viki, but I have no idea if those are all still active.

I also noticed that there is a filter for the Watch Online list by "All" and "Dubbed". Any chance that there could also be a "Subbed" option as well?

Thanks for all your hard work!

ok. By spot checking, I couldn't find anything that is offered by HiDive on AP unless it is also offered by Crunchyroll, so it's hard to tell if I can see anything from this new partnership. I'm in the US, if that helps.

Also, just two random comments. At the top of the watch-online page, it might be nice if this line "Legal and industry-supported due to partnerships with the anime industry!" had a link to a page that listed/explained the partnerships. I know at one point AP had Crunchyroll, Hulu, and I think, Viki, but I have no idea if those are all still active.

I also noticed that there is a filter for the Watch Online list by "All" and "Dubbed". Any chance that there could also be a "Subbed" option as well?

Thanks for all your hard work!

Run with the Wind is one example of an exclusive, there's a bunch.

No plans to add a subbed filter. The vast majority of our videos are subbed, not dubbed

Does HiDive only allow certain titles on A-P? I was hoping that I could see some of their exclusives, but I didn't see them in the "Watch Anime Online" section.

Run with the Wind is one example of an exclusive, there's a bunch.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/run-with-the-wind

All I did was go on HiDive and look for shows that aren't on Crunchyroll, and I haven't found any of them that are watchable through AP, so I thought it wasn't working. (For example: Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Made in Abyss, Bloom Into You, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Bang Dream S3, the 3 Patlabor movies, Wasteful Days of High School Girls, The Girl in Twilight, Mitsuboshi Colors, Joshiraku, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Sabagebu, Qwaser of Stigmata, Real Girl, My Grilfriend is Shobitch, Tada Never Falls in Love, The Big O)

Maybe none of those is part of the partnership, or maybe just not available in the US, or maybe my assumptions are bad, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'm not sure. I was just trying to see if it was working and wasn't able to verify, so I thought I'd mention it. Sorry.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/run-with-the-wind

All I did was go on HiDive and look for shows that aren't on Crunchyroll, and I haven't found any of them that are watchable through AP, so I thought it wasn't working. (For example: Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Made in Abyss, Bloom Into You, Chivalry of a Failed Knight, Bang Dream S3, the 3 Patlabor movies, Wasteful Days of High School Girls, The Girl in Twilight, Mitsuboshi Colors, Joshiraku, Seitokai Yakuindomo, Sabagebu, Qwaser of Stigmata, Real Girl, My Grilfriend is Shobitch, Tada Never Falls in Love, The Big O)

Maybe none of those is part of the partnership, or maybe just not available in the US, or maybe my assumptions are bad, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I'm not sure. I was just trying to see if it was working and wasn't able to verify, so I thought I'd mention it. Sorry.

I've updated the first post while we check on availability for things like MiA and LotGH - they'll show up automatically if they do get added for viewing here. We only have access to episodes that are marked free, and I can't show a list of which eps are in which country as that changes frequently. What you see on A-P is what you can watch.

Regardless, shows like Run with the Wind weren't available to watch on A-P before, so this still is a net-win for the community and we're excited about the partnership. Unlike watching on other sites, watching eps on A-P allows for an integrated experience with your personal anime list, you can filter the recommendations and other content by content we have to watch here, etc.

Sweet, grats on partnering with one of the 3 major anime streaming sites (alongside Crunchyroll and Funimation). I'm more surprised more people haven't heard of them considering almost all the seasonal anime have been split between HiDive (basically Sentai), Funimation, and Crunchyroll for the past couple of years now (alongside the handful of Netflix/Amazon exclusives).

Back