The God of High School

@BrainBlow or @Turky, one of youse read this before, right? Like it was some good shit or some shit? Or was it someone else, who is no longer with us because I can't remember their name? It's suppose to be one of them good manwua whatsits and from what little I read of it in my manhua phase, it was cool.
The only thing I can tell you about this is that it definitely isn't titled after me during my teenage years.

Are you sure? 'Cuz last I checked, Nagisa was basically a god.
TzARrwY.gif

This is going to be a train wreck, the webtoon is absolute nonsensical trash. The fact that this seems to have a better studio/bigger budget than TOG will forever piss me off.

The first season won't be too ridiculous if it ends where i think it will, but any future seasons will be fucking stupid. It has some of the worst power scaling and most ass-pulley writing you'll see.

This is going to be a train wreck, the webtoon is absolute nonsensical trash. The fact that this seems to have a better studio/bigger budget than TOG will forever piss me off.

The first season won't be too ridiculous if it ends where i think it will, but any future seasons will be fucking stupid. It has some of the worst power scaling and most ass-pulley writing you'll see.

I can't say I'm totally surprised since I heard the author's main inspiration is basically DBZ and worships that which has the most monstrously bad power scaling of all time.

Actually comparing this to DBZ kind of makes me want to watch it for nostalgia for the days when DBZ wasn't whatever Super was going for, but still could be a good time if you just went with it.
That's what I'm thinking. I enjoy anime that are more modest and just want to be ridiculous and have fun, which is exactly what this show seems like from when i watched that 4 minute clip. Seems silly and cool.

Holy shit what a first episode, I'm a manhwa reader and I have to say.. the pacing was INSANE I really hope they slow down because the went through like 11 chapters!
The animation is pretty awesome and I love all the different art styles that they used in different scenes!
Ost was a surprise with all that dubstep, but I can see it being really hype in certain upcoming moments.
And finally, what I was most about, the VAs are spot on thankfully! I was really worried with mori jin VA especially since this just his second role, but he did a great job!

I'm really happy with the adaptation so far, can't wait to see future events animated!

Episode 1

Well, fuck. This was brilliant. Not brilliant as in "i loved it" but more in the sense that it was vastly superior to the source material in every conceivable way. The director absolutely nailed this first episode, and whatever you think of the show/webtoon itself, this is a really good example of how to ado a first episode of a battle shounen.

I can already see webtoon readers hating this though, it blazed through the preamble, skipped a load of parts and changed things up a little. This director understands his source material in a way the Tower of God director does not, which is really upsetting because this webtoon is ultimately complete trash when you get passed the first arc. Even the animation quality is better than ToG, which is a joke. A really annoying joke without any actual humour.

Anyway, this episode was brilliantly directed, animation and character design is on point, the VA's all fit really well and although i didn't like the OST, it fit the show pretty well. Really impressive.

Holy shit what a first episode, I'm a manhwa reader and I have to say.. the pacing was INSANE I really hope they slow down because the went through like 11 chapters!

It would be tragic if they slowed down. I absolutely disagree that the pace should be reduced.

This webtoons writing is absolutely crap, the pacing is horrendously slow and the entire "story" is a convoluted mess (at least after the first arc or so). If they slow down too much it will ruin the shot the director gave this show to be better than the source material by allowing it to get bogged down in the webtoons writers obvious shortcomings.

This first episode had unreal energy, it made the characters much more charismatic than the webtoon did and it has an OST that really lends itself to moving at a fast pace. All things that the show should strive to keep. This show will be chaotic and messy regardless of if it's fast or slow, but if it's fast it will at least be entertaining.

Last edited:
Back