Tower of God

Just fuck off with this nonsense. It's going to be shit, there's just no way this can be adapted properly without a large budget and a huge number of seasons, which anime don't get these days.

ToG has been my favourite manga/webtoon for years now, and it's going to be hard watching this show. They've already pissed me off by changing the fucking names of Rachel and Baam. And it's so soon, there's no way they spent the time needed to make this good.

Bah.

I'm kinda optimistic tbh. The Tower of God anime has been announced a while ago (we just didn't know when it was going to air), and also something similar happened to the first season of One-Punch Man and we all know how great that was

And then what happened with season two. Because anime.

Even the material we have now would need a large amount of seasons, and we aren't exactly approaching the finishing line yet. It's going to end up cancelled prematurely, unless they totally gut it and try to smash through hundreds of chapters per season.

--------------

Doubting as I am of this adaptation being a success, I do hope some manhwa adaptation will become a success in Japan and abroad in the near future. There's a lot of untapped stories, and maybe we can finally put one of the last nails in the coffin of the old recalcitrant anime definitions from people who do not seem to realize how much anime is animated in Korea and China(among others).
It could be a significant step in the history of anime culturally.

Back