Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun

Episode 17.
Was it just me or did nothing really happen? We're still in pretty much the same spot we were at the end of episode 16.

But hey, there was that bit where Eiko apparently realized she's bi. That was worth a giggle.
74a82a003eb145ddbd606566973f8cf223c8983e.png

3c60db7a0f638040eceab61375d968ca0d54e995.png

e907ede3de297b2fef7c0107fbc1a02e4e7d0ca0.png

The story is getting reeeeally slow. Its like in the next episode we will be blowing things, eeh but maybe next week will be better, lets fill thing up. I'm guessing there will be at least 1 episode more of "nothing big happening yet", maybe an episode of Sullivans chess like game match or his tea party?
Unfortunately this adaptation seems like it only barely got greenlit to be seasonal rather than an ongoing weekly one. It has quite a lot of padding, too. It's a shame, as the source material actually has very tight pacing. This whole arc probably should have been at its climax by around episode 13, tbh.

Last edited:
Episode 18

Okay, I'll admit...they got me. Sure, the series of events pretty much played out how I thought they would (though I did expect them to stall for at least another episode or two) with the fireworks, but for some reason it was still cool.

But they totally got me. I thought we were getting a "tragic antagonist backstory + revenge" situation, but...instead, the antagonist was just getting off on other people's despair. Legit, I was not expecting that. XD

So, I have to give props where props are due for managing to surprise me with that (as with most anime in the past few years, it's been super easy to predict everything down to the motive in the writing).

It was weird, but refreshing.

Episode 18

Okay, I'll admit...they got me. Sure, the series of events pretty much played out how I thought they would (though I did expect them to stall for at least another episode or two) with the fireworks, but for some reason it was still cool.

But they totally got me. I thought we were getting a "tragic antagonist backstory + revenge" situation, but...instead, the antagonist was just getting off on other people's despair. Legit, I was not expecting that. XD

So, I have to give props where props are due for managing to surprise me with that (as with most anime in the past few years, it's been super easy to predict everything down to the motive in the writing).

It was weird, but refreshing.
He reminds me of that villain from Black Clover who enjoyed making characters feel despair, making the word a huge part of his dictionary. Vetto from Eye of the Midnight Sun I believe.

Episode 18.
...Okay, that was a swerve.
Totally thought we were going for a "Destroy the strong for bullying the weak" deal, but no. This dude is just a freaky masochist who gets off on people's despair...kinda gross, but they surprised me.

Ep. 19,
Considering the pacing for the student festival, I feel like the length of the events could have been done much tighter schedule-wise. The series is definitely still watchable but it does make me wonder what the series would be like without the padding.

So now that that Keriwo has been captured, it makes me wonder who the next antagonist will be. Judging from the sneak peek, the story is focusing a lot on Amari, who strangely reminds me of inner Moka from the Rosario Vampire manga.

Ep. 19,
Considering the pacing for the student festival, I feel like the length of the events could have been done much tighter schedule-wise. The series is definitely still watchable but it does make me wonder what the series would be like without the padding.

So now that that Keriwo has been captured, it makes me wonder who the next antagonist will be. Judging from the sneak peek, the story is focusing a lot on Amari, who strangely reminds me of inner Moka from the Rosario Vampire manga.

I was wondering the series has been putting me to sleep lately. The manga is really enjoyable. Just another advert anime, I suppose.

damn this episode really managed to make me laugh. That stuff with the dad was comedic genius, I love his deadpan-ness. That was some funny internal suffering.

I'm just waiting for Iruma to go total Doomguy once they discover he's a human after he's already overpowered and open up hellfire and chainsaws on all their demon asses.

Episode 22.
...Am I imagining things or
is that totally a younger Clara's Mom?
bd3e2f6dfd7e5bbbe841c4ce0d5219b1941075db.png

It would certainly explain her skill with spontaneous musical numbers...

Anyway, funny stuff. Azz in drag was killing me over here.

another clara family song. worst note to end it on.

I didn't like this show much at all. There were a few funny parts in the beginning and nearer the end, but most of it fell flat. I just can't really tell who this show is supposed to be for. It's a shounen, but the intended audience seems to be way younger with how the humor is and how the characters are. It just isn't for me I guess. I thought I would be in for something a bit more mature. I could see me enjoying something like this 7 years ago, but now I'm just kind of bored with it. The story was also extremely cliche'd.

I shouldn't have jumped on this one. I won't be watching future seasons.

4/10

Back