Legend of Heroes: Kiseki or Trails Franchise

Emma's chest is offensive and that upsets me.

Don't worry, I'm on the case. I have the perfect plan for covering her chest up. I shan't allow you to be upset by such things ever again.

VengefulTatteredElver-size_restricted.gif

I was expecting a mode called "Nightmare" to be more of a struggle. I went into this playthrough at level 95 and the first enemies I faced were levels 1-5. Zero scaling occurred. Which was off-putting. They didn't really even appear to be "powered up." At least not in the beginning. The only two noticeably different bosses were my boy C from Ch. 6 and Shadow Boi at the very bottom of the Old Schoolhouse. I actually recognized that they had more health than their original counterparts. Even so, I ended up having an easier time with them this go around.

Overall it took me longer than I thought to trudge through the second playthrough though. Even running 98% of the game on "Turbo Mode" some of the chapters took far longer than I'd like. I'd have appreciated a proper "Skip Scene" selection.

Anyway, it's later than I'd like... and I'm far drunker than I'd like to be. So I'll probably start Trails 2 after I've woken and sobered up.

After careful consideration I have decided to jump right into Trails of Cold Steel 2. I was considering cleaning up The Witcher 3, but I'm just not in the mood for that right now. I just really want to see what happens after the ending of Trails of Cold Steel. That being said, I'm still in what could be considered the Prologue. They gave me way more presents though, and some of the costumes actually look interesting. So I may end up giving my characters some accessories and may even completely change everyone's look on the second playthrough. This is something I didn't particularly touch in the first game because there were so few options available. I like that they've changed that with this one.

Not too much to say story-wise. Once I get a bit further I'll post some thoughts.

I don't appreciate how Rean is being so mean to Celine. And it's adorable that she's following him around on the map.

It was quite obvious, but Cold Steel III is coming to Steam/GOG on 23 March. It's just announced on the PAX West.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/01/the...ls-of-cold-steel-iii-coming-to-pc-on-march-23

Ys VII PC version is also getting a huge rehaul, including a total unexpected co-op.

Cold Steel IV all but confirmed then? As much as this series is getting localized and with the reboots of Steel I & II released this past year followed closely by III, I would hope that IV is just around the corner.

Cold Steel IV all but confirmed then? As much as this series is getting localized and with the reboots of Steel I & II released this past year followed closely by III, I would hope that IV is just around the corner.
Nothing known yet for Cold Steel IV, but it's a given that it will be localized eventually both on PS4 and PC. My earliest estimation for the PS4 version would be autumn 2020 to end 2020, but I suspect it will take a bit longer since I presume NISA is going to prioritize the localization of Ys IX first.

The future of Trails games in the West definitely looks much brighter as it used to be. The recent announcement from Nihon Falcom about Zero/Ao no Kiseki Kai is also an example of this. While the main objective is to bring the game back to more recent consoles, it also allows the opportunity to finally bring it to the West. The original PSP versions are riddled with complex license issues and are fairly not commerciality interesting to port any more.

The future of Trails games in the West definitely looks much brighter as it used to be. The recent announcement from Nihon Falcom about Zero/Ao no Kiseki Kai is also an example of this. While the main objective is to bring the game back to more recent consoles, it also allows the opportunity to finally bring it to the West. The original PSP versions are riddled with complex license issues and are fairly not commerciality interesting to port any more.

Tell me about it. We've come a long way since the days of 2011 and 2012. Being a Kiseki fan back then was pure misery. The only localized game available was on a console that nobody owned anymore and the only way to spread awareness was through word of mouth. Ugh. Those were some dark times.

I envy new fans today because they didn't experience the long excruciating waits and wondered if the series even have a future outside of Japan. Now we got mainstream sites covering Trails and con panels and several ports. Even proper fan translations.

Tell me about it. We've come a long way since the days of 2011 and 2012. Being a Kiseki fan back then was pure misery. The only localized game available was on a console that nobody owned anymore and the only way to spread awareness was through word of mouth. Ugh. Those were some dark times.

I envy new fans today because they didn't experience the long excruciating waits and wondered if the series even have a future outside of Japan. Now we got mainstream sites covering Trails and con panels and several ports. Even proper fan translations.

c4a.gif

I really appreciate being able to jump right into the next chapter of Trails after finishing the first game.

Terrible... they made my first party member Machias, followed by Elliot... the two I used absolutely least in the last game. I can't help but feel as though they are doing this on purpose. Oh well... at least Fie is here too, that's something I guess.

Overall, It's a nice follow-up. Nothing too crazy has happened yet, but I appreciate that they made an effort to show progression from one game to the next. Like starting us out at level 40 rather than all the way back at 1. And, Elliot aside, Class VII so far has some neat new uniforms. I liked their jackets, but it makes sense, considering where we are at, that they couldn't exactly where them. Although Machias taking off his glasses to avoid being recognized was a stretch as far as I'm concerned. How stupid are the people after us really? I do wish the Class VII jackets were available costumes though.

I'm nearing the end of the Nord Highlands segment, thank fucking fuck. It wasn't as bad as the first game, but to see it looming over me again was just so disheartening. So I've picked up Gaius, Millium, and Alisa. At this point I'm running Rean, Fie, Alisa, and Claire as my main team, climbing up this Watch Tower in order to disrupt this device.

So I've encountered two of these temple like things, that are all around similar to the Old Schoolhouse floors. At the end has been events where Rean sees "someone" doing stuff. I kind of assume it has to do with his real lineage, but so far there doesn't seem to be much I can piece together. I don't particularly recognize any of the shadowy figures and everything they say is pretty vague.

I have recognized that EXP seems to be a lot more present in this game. The previous game was a little more stingy comparatively. The Blue Trial chests particularly help boost characters quite a bit. Alternatively, gear seems to be a little more scarce. I've actually resorted to upgrading gear this time around since I don't see as much diversity in weapons, and I am tending to have an abundance of U-Mats.

This game goes out of its way to keep Rean from going silver-hair form... anyway, looks like Rufus isn't as nice as he seems...

These new Hajimari no Kiseki scans are giving me all kinds of happiness. Also, no bonding events confirmed because the game has so many fucking characters.

43U1kGb.jpg

TE5tVGp.jpg

IrhNmPy.jpg

z56NMxx.jpg

3D Noel is :33333

These new Hajimari no Kiseki scans are giving me all kinds of happiness. Also, no bonding events confirmed because the game has so many fucking characters.

43U1kGb.jpg

TE5tVGp.jpg

IrhNmPy.jpg

z56NMxx.jpg

3D Noel is :33333

I wonder what the chances are of us getting this game before US releases of Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki?

Web CM for Hajimari no Kiseki is out. Looks like Falcom is finally getting better with 3D engines. Of course other 3D JRPGs are still leagues above but this is a massive improvement from Cold Steel 1 and 2.

I wonder when will this get localized? After two years? Still no word on Cold Steel 4. ( T_T)

Back