2020 Anime Watching Challenge discussion thread

If you want to start your challenge off right with a quick watch then make sure to watch Shitcom. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/shitcom I can't include Shitcom in my challenge because I've already watched it. I still started my year watching Shitcom because Takena is specimen that needs to be studied. Shitcom is the pinnacle of his work, but more importantly it's the pinnacle of romance.

Here's my link

The first anime title that I watched this year was a re-watch of the Pokemon Diancie movie. It was part of my ABC project. The first title that I watched to mark for this challenge was the Pokemon Genesect movie.

If you want to start your challenge off right with a quick watch then make sure to watch Shitcom. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/shitcom I can't include Shitcom in my challenge because I've already watched it. I still started my year watching Shitcom because Takena is specimen that needs to be studied. Shitcom is the pinnacle of his work, but more importantly it's the pinnacle of romance.
Is that considered an anime if it is stopmotion? Anyhow, it has caught my interest haha. Also I see crude as a tag, which is my fave humor XD

How have people already found the time to watch so much anime? Are they watching a anime or more a day? :@_@:I am genuinely curious on other people's process in this challenge. I am at like 5 anime so far

How have people already found the time to watch so much anime? Are they watching a anime or more a day? :@_@:I am genuinely curious on other people's process in this challenge. I am at like 5 anime so far
I think I've seen around 16-17 anime this year so far. As for finding the time, recent events gave me a lot of free time for the next couple of months and I'm left alone in my apartment for some 8 hours a day. Of course, all I do during those hours is binge watch anime and sometimes have a beer or a coffee while doing that. That's probably about to change too, cause I'm thinking of finding something useful to do while I wait.

I think I've seen around 16-17 anime this year so far. As for finding the time, recent events gave me a lot of free time for the next couple of months and I'm left alone in my apartment for some 8 hours a day. Of course, all I do during those hours is binge watch anime and sometimes have a beer or a coffee while doing that. That's probably about to change too, cause I'm thinking of finding something useful to do while I wait.
Oof, I can't believe I've already watched 40 anime this year. Can't exactly say that's a good thing. I'm thinking I should find something useful to do as well, but anime is just way too addicting for me. :@_@::baka:

Thanks for the recommendation! Shitcom truly transcends all works of art in every form!

Oof, I can't believe I've already watched 40 anime this year. Can't exactly say that's a good thing. I'm thinking I should find something useful to do as well, but anime is just way too addicting for me. :@_@::baka:
Hey, if you've got the time and it doesn't really hurt other aspects of your life - I don't see why not.

Btw, I'm at 24. I'm gonna finish Lupin III soon and the seasonal shows are about to come to an end so that's gonna change.

Hi, and welcome two anime planet I do various things here but not very frequently or consistently as in like beyond the welcoming committee or writing reviews there is one thing I do consistently and that is I always give a 5-star rating to every anime I watch and I've only dropped three anime in my history and one of them happens to be one piece which is apparently an all-time favorite and I just can't stand it. Now to the point I put aside exactly 4 hours and 48 minutes a day for anime that is the approximate amount of time it takes to watch 13 episodes or what the Japanese seem to consider a season without commercials and bypassing the intro music and obviously hitting next episode as soon as the ending credits start. Following that format I'm somewhere over 26100 some odd episodes of anime viewed which puts me in a five star ranking system of that I have rated over 740 anime series on anime planet. Now part of my job is to give unbiased opinions of questions people have throughout the world anime about anime in general and specific anime genres as a matter of fact oddly enough it was only 3 days ago after being a top writer in seven categories, some technical, some science fiction, like Star Trek, Star Wars and others being anime or streaming platform technology and why I don't use cable or watch Network television. I was just giving my own space on quora to create whatever I wish and what I'm in the middle of right now is the fact that I just finished watching Star Wars Rebels why I did that was because after watching the last two episodes of the Mandalorian on Disney plus The darksaber Returned so I took it upon myself and this is the way my brain works and went through every Canon version a video where do the dark saber and the mandalorians belief of the right to wield it and the wielder of it being like it's a crown or other words the wielder must when the darksaber from the previous holder that's not specific truth or Cannon but as close to it is needs to be on this site as it's an anime site and not my chorus space and I also haven't finished the article yet cuz I got all into the difference between lightsabers, their color
s, l how in Legends they were designed with red Sabres using synthetic crystals where in the new Canon the wielder has to steal a crystal from a Jedi and then imbue the crystal with his Dark side energy... blah blah blah okay that Star Wars not anime but you get my point. If I cannot pull the information directly from memory, my post may have typos and grammar format errors because I am pumping out as much detail to back up and then I double check and I am never intimidated by corrections or differences of opinion considering unless we're speaking on my spaces page about the fundamental forces of nature which is reality. This is all based off what I call science fantasy. So, I actually encourage them.

Oh and I've also been watching anime since middle school and for me that was Speed Racer in Star Blazers before classes started at 8:30 in Memphis and were the first English dub shows that were Japanese that I never seen that was so impressed with the Mach 5 and subsequently the wave motion Cannon All Star Blazers at the age of 7 over 37 years ago that gives Credence to the fact that my numbers once I found this site is balanced fair and correct I'm just not much for writing reviews but my five star rating system is well explained in an over oh, let me repeat over overly detailed bio feel free to visit user dellsimkin view it for yourself the purpose that I used the site was at an anime convention in 2009 or 2012 of how to get new viewers into our genre and I plan out said dub and now I'm 49 and I I have to watch the Cubs or go buy $400 glasses so ever you anime pretty much you're going to see on that site if you happen to look at my favorites or whatever every one of them is dubbed so at the top of my bio is the dub link for anime planet take you directly to all the dubbed episodes that they have categorized

Hey, if you've got the time and it doesn't really hurt other aspects of your life - I don't see why not.

Btw, I'm at 24. I'm gonna finish Lupin III soon and the seasonal shows are about to come to an end so that's gonna change.

Yeah, I don't feel so bad indulging now that we're on a lockdown because of this plague. We all have to do our part to keep everyone safe, right? So, it's a good enough reason to stay home and watch anime! =D

I've been meaning to watch more Lupin III too but it's hard to choose which ones. I saw the first season and a couple of crossover movies with Detective Conan. Do you have any other suggestions?

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't feel so bad indulging now that we're on a lockdown because of this plague. We all have to do our part to keep everyone safe, right? So, it's a good enough reason to stay home and watch anime! =D

I've been meaning to watch more Lupin III too but it's hard to choose which ones. I saw the first season and a couple of crossover movies with Detective Conan. Do you have any other suggestions?

I've only seen the first season of Lupin III and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Actually I saw the Fujiko one before having seen anything else with Lupin in it. I liked it very much and if I recall it's only 10 episodes long, so why not give it a try?

I've only seen the first season of Lupin III and The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Actually I saw the Fujiko one before having seen anything else with Lupin in it. I liked it very much and if I recall it's only 10 episodes long, so why not give it a try?
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a shot! I've been kind of on a retro kick lately so getting through some more Lupin sounds pretty good! I just finished watching Akira for the first time which I was meaning to do for the longest time.

I figured out what happened aside from the fact that I already talked too much when I post cuz that's what I get paid to do on another site lots of detail. All that stuff was in my bio already not meant to be here would you like me to massively delete and edit each of them and what should I leave in place just stay in the challenge? Band sorry cuz I just did the same thing a second ago leaving light for paragraphs. Whatever, that meets the criteria for the challenge is all I need to know thank you and let me know about deletion or if that's improper as it wasn't intended to be on this page in the first place.

Back