If My Favorite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die

It looks like it could be interesting. Hopefully it won't turn into yet another fap bait.

Considering it's about a rabid fan who gets a massive lady boner for a certain idol to the point that she gets massive nosebleeds... they'll find a way to make it fap bait, the watchers that is. This is going to be classy and shit, as if it goes the creep vibe way and runs with it, it will be either a trainwreck, one of the best things to watch this season for various reasons, or a complex, introspectual look at the consuming lifestyle of an oppressive obsession towards a certain individual that reflects society as we see it today in idol/boy band matters.

Hopefully once the anime comes out, the manga will start getting translated. I really want to read it ;-;

Please be at least decent, please be at least decent...

Gaaaaaay.
Well, it sure is different from your usual "fap-bait" or "innocent classmates who can't as much as kiss with how pure they are", I'll give them that. But story-wise, so far, it looks like it will only be about the idol world, rather than telling a story of two people in love, the only difference being that the MC isn't a sweaty fat dude, but a girl. Am I being tricked into another boring Zombie Saga under the pretence of lesbians?
But okay, I did laugh when she died of fangirling, that doofus. :D If you were really gay, you'd go for the one in yellow, though.
Disaster lesbian is disaster.
Yeah, why not make her orange? You don't have that one. At any rate, I know the pain of having your fave be "the least" fave. I mean, my favourite Beatle is George, for example.
Yes, give me the gay. The actual gay.

Please be at least decent, please be at least decent...

Gaaaaaay.
Well, it sure is different from your usual "fap-bait" or "innocent classmates who can't as much as kiss with how pure they are", I'll give them that. But story-wise, so far, it looks like it will only be about the idol world, rather than telling a story of two people in love, the only difference being that the MC isn't a sweaty fat dude, but a girl. Am I being tricked into another boring Zombie Saga under the pretence of lesbians?
But okay, I did laugh when she died of fangirling, that doofus. :D If you were really gay, you'd go for the one in yellow, though.
Disaster lesbian is disaster.
Yeah, why not make her orange? You don't have that one. At any rate, I know the pain of having your fave be "the least" fave. I mean, my favourite Beatle is George, for example.
Yes, give me the gay. The actual gay.
George the least fave? Nah, man. That was Ringo. Everyone liked George. He was in The Travelling Wilburys.

George the least fave? Nah, man. That was Ringo. Everyone liked George. He was in The Travelling Wilburys.
But everyone knows Ringo's name. Even people who don't listen to them. When I was a kid, I knew the music, but I couldn't name them all. I knew about the other 3, but not George.

O...kay. This is not what I was expecting. At all.

And I'm surprisingly fine with that.

I mean, I dunno what the rest of the show's gonna be like (if it's just more of today's fangirling mania, I don't know that it will be able to hold my interest), but there's something...I dunno if charming is the right word, but...there's something kinda charming about Eripiyo's almost self-loathing desperation in pursuit of Maina's acknowledgment--not even attentions or affections, just acknowledgment!--that I'm not put off by how absolutely this show appears to miss basically every one of my anime preferences.

...except cool and blue Sorane, whose character design was seemingly chosen to check all of the boxes that would specifically make me fall in love with her. (Well, minus the fact that she's not the "mean one." But nobody's perfect.)

Plus, that end bit certainly means we're going to be getting stuff from both girls, presumably starting immediately, so that's a good sign.

Here's hoping we get a little more emotional meat, from here on in. But...yeah, not a bad start, all in all.

Bad. That was so bad.
Yeah, I've been tricked. This isn't about a girl falling in love with another girl at all. This is about idol love, only the protagonist just so happens to be a girl herself. I should probably just drop it now, and save myself the pain of boredom.
At least Maki delivers. I stan with the yellow one.

Last edited:
Well...I still don't know what this is, but I also still kinda dig it.

So...Yellow and Purple are a thing, huh. And...it's implied that Green is maybe into White? Which leaves the three girls our protagonist core likes to get together with them! Hooray for Happy Ending math!

...except Blue is mine. And, frankly, so is White. Oo--but that means we can pair Third Protag Dude and Green! Hooray--back to Happy Ending math!

Btw this was me when I saw that staff member toss Eripiyo's strips to the window by accident, I hope she tells Maina what happened because it'd suck to make the misunderstanding even bigger.
Dude--not gonna lie: I was gutted to see that happen. Doesn't even matter that I'm not particularly invested in the success of their relationship, that's a horribly unfair circumstance. For both girls. (And, frankly, for the staff member, too. I imagine she's gotta be feeling pretty guilty about it.)

But, yeah, I would hope the staff member would tell her what happened. The scene plays out in such a way that it seems pretty obvious she's not oblivious to the fact that throwing them out the window is a big deal. In real life, she and the other staff member would probably have run downstairs to grab as many of them as possible off the street before they got completely blown away. Here, they were apparently assumed into the heavens so that Orihime and Hikoboshi could read them. Which makes gathering them up slightly more difficult.

So, yeah, I hope this doesn't turn into a big misunderstanding that dramas-up stuff for an episode or two because the staff member wanted to tell Maina and then got distracted and forgot. I hope it's all just a cutesy, artsy way to show us everything will work out in the end because all of Eripyo's wishes made it to stars, which means they'll be granted.

...wait, maybe I am a little invested in this.

That said: more of Maina's perspective, please. Especially since she seems to be actually in love with Eripyo, whereas Eripyo seems to be unaware that her feelings towards Maina are romantic rather than just adoration.

Also--I appeal to the wisdom of the more widely-viewing among us: do you think my having never watched an idol anime makes it easier for me to enjoy this? Or is that irrelevant to the situation, d'ya think?

Also also, if this turns out to be a gateway drug for getting me into idol shows, I'm going to be very upset.

...dammit, that's exactly what this is going to do, isn't it.

[puts off watching football to look up idol anime]

Also--I appeal to the wisdom of the more widely-viewing among us: do you think my having never watched an idol anime makes it easier for me to enjoy this? Or is that irrelevant to the situation, d'ya think?

Also also, if this turns out to be a gateway drug for getting me into idol shows, I'm going to be very upset.

I think it's kinda irrelevant. I tend to avoid idol shows like a plague and yet I'm enjoying this one

Somehow I knew what it would be before I even clicked. Did I tell you that I love you? Because I love you.
All those Tanzakus flying in the sky was heartbreaking
Dude--not gonna lie: I was gutted to see that happen. Doesn't even matter that I'm not particularly invested in the success of their relationship, that's a horribly unfair circumstance. For both girls. (And, frankly, for the staff member, too. I imagine she's gotta be feeling pretty guilty about it.)
So, I'm the only one who rolled their eyes, huh? I thought it a very cheap move to enhance the drama.

So, I'm the only one who rolled their eyes, huh? I thought it a very cheap move to enhance the drama.
In fairness, you're not wrong: it's certainly a contrivance--and not unpredictable (perhaps not the specifics of it, but that something like it would happen).

I think, as contrivances go, it was less contrived than we'd typically see, if only because of how thoroughly pre-justified the confluence of those unlikely events turned out to be. But...really, I think it's more that you're the least bought-in for the show, of those commenting, so you're not wearing your "I'm entertained, so this is fine!" glasses like the rest of us.

You're like the reverse-They Live.
source.gif

Episode 3

What a bad moment you chose to respect your boundaries as an idol fan. You had a chance to clear out all the misunderstandings between each other and you missed it :flip:

At least the incident with the tanabata strips wasn't overplayed for drama

Back