New default staff avatars

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Anime-Planet has many default images that are used when we're missing content. For example, user avatars, default anime and manga covers, and more. As a follow-up to our new brand launch, we've been slowly designing new replacements for these default images that fit our style and theme. Default user avatars have already been released.

Today, we launched the next default: staff avatars! The old on the left, the new on the right.

WVHTL4U.png

And an example staff page that has the default.

The old default image was a 90s clipart-esque profile that felt both dated and gendered. The new image is again themed for the new brand, with an artistic mascot that might be a director, an artist, a writer, or some other role.

Coming soon is the next replacement, for manga default images! Followed shortly after by anime, and finally, characters.

Thanks, as always, for your support of Anime-Planet. We hope you like these new default images, and that they brighten up pages that didn't have any before!

I actually love it. Only that I wish there was more color, because now it looks like a depressed mime trying to hide his pain. Not that I am complaining xd

Last edited:
seeing it on the staff pages, it makes them look much better. I noticed it before the announcement, looks great.

Planet-kun looks like a depressed mime.
Mimes are sexy:
source.gif

(I'm bringing up this gif every time)
Coming soon is the next replacement, for manga default images! Followed shortly after by anime, and finally, characters.

latest

My vote is for Blackhole-Kun! Looking foward to a possible GIF Default Img Replacements. Now With COLOR

The People Have Spoken!

:laugh: Youre Welcome:baka:

Reactions: Zed
Back