Gaming Discussion Thread

Does anyone have any recommendations for good games to get on steam? (Could be free ones, or some on sale to not a crazy prize. I might get another game if it looks worth it)
It can't be a game that is too heavy to play, since I have a laptop that is quite shit. I don't like shooting games cus I am so terrible at it lmao
Something with rich story is fun. I really don't mind 2D games, it seems like they are running very neatly with my laptop.

Games that I am already considering is
  • Stardew Valley
  • Children of Morta
  • Moonlighter
  • Child of Light

I've just gotten so excited for games!!!

That's one of the few video games I've played. I can say it's extremely charming, and the gameplay was super interesting. Not to mention the art is beautiful.
Noted! Nobody I had talked to had heard of Child of Light, but it really did look really cute. I will consider it more! :3

I've sunk like 40-50 hours into the game the first week I bought the game. Yes, it's worth it.
My friend has also been spending so many hours in it. What makes people spend so many hours with it? I've looked at it, and it looks cute, but I don't get where the hours are spent and why. It didn't seem to have much of a plot to follow, or a goal except for small quests from time to time

don't play it myself, but that seems to be the point? always having small quests to do so you keep saying "let's just do this little thing" for all of eternity
hmmm fair enough. it might be fun when played with other people as well? always new experiences hmmm

Downloaded Vice City's from the PSN store for a nostalgia rush and wtf, they removed songs from the radio stations due to damn licensing issues! Was quite weird not hearing Billie Jean but Self Control as the first song on the radio in the game. I mean what is this madness?! And no Bark at the Moon either?!?How can I possibly ride a Freeway through a bunch of pedestrians without this song?

Thank fuck I still have the PC version. Should have gotten Bully instead...

Those Love Fist missions though.

Downloaded Vice City's from the PSN store for a nostalgia rush and wtf, they removed songs from the radio stations due to damn licensing issues! Was quite weird not hearing Billie Jean but Self Control as the first song on the radio in the game. I mean what is this madness?! And no Bark at the Moon either?!?How can I possibly ride a Freeway through a bunch of pedestrians without this song?

This is why I'm sticking with my old versions or going for PC mods. They did the same stuff with San Andreas and GTA 4 :-(

Vice City is especially not the same without the original soundtrack!

Does anyone have any recommendations for good games to get on steam? (Could be free ones, or some on sale to not a crazy prize. I might get another game if it looks worth it)
It can't be a game that is too heavy to play, since I have a laptop that is quite shit. I don't like shooting games cus I am so terrible at it lmao
Something with rich story is fun. I really don't mind 2D games, it seems like they are running very neatly with my laptop.

Games that I am already considering is
  • Stardew Valley
  • Children of Morta
  • Moonlighter
  • Child of Light

I've just gotten so excited for games!!!

All of these are pretty good.

Moonlighter is a pretty neat dungeon exploration game. Kill monsters, collect loot and then decide if you want to use that loot for crafting better gear or selling it to the locals for money which then allows you to upgrade the rest of the village. It's one of those great games where you hop in, do a few things and feel satisfied.

Don't think you can really go wrong with Stardew Valley.

Children of Morta is alright, but it's one of the weaker roguelike games out there. The genre is supposed to have an extremely high replay value due to the number of items, exploration and the way you can play a game due to its randomness. If you're looking for something that you can keep playing with a pretty neat way of constantly improving your character then have a look at Dead Cells.

Child of Light is pretty dope. If you like visual goodness and great platforming gameplay but with a lot more depth to it, check out a game called Hollow Knight which I'm sure is among everybody's fav games due to the art, the music, and the setting.

Some other pixel style games that are all gorgeous and enjoyable: Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight, Evoland, and Celeste... The last one is an absolute masterpiece.

They removed the songs? 0/10 refunded so hard, got 2x the refund

All of these are pretty good.

Moonlighter is a pretty neat dungeon exploration game. Kill monsters, collect loot and then decide if you want to use that loot for crafting better gear or selling it to the locals for money which then allows you to upgrade the rest of the village. It's one of those great games where you hop in, do a few things and feel satisfied.

Don't think you can really go wrong with Stardew Valley.

Children of Morta is alright, but it's one of the weaker roguelike games out there. The genre is supposed to have an extremely high replay value due to the number of items, exploration and the way you can play a game due to its randomness. If you're looking for something that you can keep playing with a pretty neat way of constantly improving your character then have a look at Dead Cells.

Child of Light is pretty dope. If you like visual goodness and great platforming gameplay but with a lot more depth to it, check out a game called Hollow Knight which I'm sure is among everybody's fav games due to the art, the music, and the setting.

Some other pixel style games that are all gorgeous and enjoyable: Momodora: Reverie Under The Moonlight, Evoland, and Celeste... The last one is an absolute masterpiece.
Oh golly gosh! Thank you for all this!!
I'll have a look at the other games you mentioned.
In the end, I ended up buying Stardew Valley, Child of Light and Rauken. Rauken is really pretty and apperantly has a really good story!

It's a good one, especially the multiplayer if I'm remembering right. I played it years ago on the xbox and I'm gonna be grabbing the game pass for one dollar again tomorrow to check out the PC port.
I'm really looking forward to playing Reach again. Co op campaign please!
Hopefully, the multiplayer is nicely polished. The collection saw a dodgy release when on console.

Finished Death Stranding after 55 or so hours! Phenomenal game, it's gameplay certainly won't appeal to everyone cause the entire game consists of delivering packages and managing cargo but once I got a knack for it it wasn't that bad. I love slower paced games from time to time and this definitely fit that, along with a really compelling story with some good underlying messages behind it (even though the game beats you over the head with said messages almost constantly, given the state of the world we live in I actually appreciated it a lot).

One of the best games I've played this year and I recommend at least giving it a try, waiting for a good sale also isn't a bad idea if you're unsure about getting it.

Still haven't got back into Metal Gear Solid & Dragon Seeds yet, (but I will! *shakes wolf paw triumphantly*) but meanwhile, I'm interested in the Yakuza series. (Since I read a lot of people say they're great games.)

What would experienced players recommend a beginner that wants to get into the series, and/or which do you personally find the easiest for a beginner to learn? (Don't have a PS4 & am not sure if I want one or not, and don't have my PS3 hooked up yet, but I do have my PS2. I'm not really into online gaming, so would really prefer ones I could play on the gaming consoles I have.)

Last edited:
Still haven't got back into Metal Gear Solid & Dragon Seeds yet, (but I will! *shakes wolf paw triumphantly*) but meanwhile, I'm interested in the Yakuza series. (Since I read a lot of people say they're great games.)

What would experienced players recommend a beginner that wants to get into the series, and/or which do you personally find the easiest for a beginner to learn? (Don't have a PS4 & am not sure if I want one or not, and don't have my PS3 hooked up yet, but I do have my PS2. I'm not really into online gaming, so would really prefer ones I could play on the systems I have.)
I'd say start with Yakuza 0, it's a prequel and you don't need to play the other games first (this was the first one I played) If you have a PC that can run it you should be able to grab it on steam! (it's on that and ps4 with an xbox one release on the way)

Yakuza 1 and 2 were originally PS2 games but since they both have PS4 remakes and 3, 4, and 5 are coming to the PS4 in the future or are already out on there (I don't remember) along with newer games in the series being on that console I'd recommend getting a PS4 so it's easier to have them all in one place. It's a good console with quite a few other good games too! I haven't played Yakuza on PS2 all that much besides the first game a tiny bit, and from what I remember it was different in some ways compared to the others but I don't remember very well.

Just got Dead Cells on the switch. Good goddamn, I haven't played a platformer this smooth and pretty since shovel knight. It even has that same personality. Though this will probably be my first Roguelike style game... I'm weady for a chawwenge.

67899.gif

Beautiful.

I also started Nioh, since it was free on PS+. Oh boy, this is gonna test me. You fight one guy, no problem. But when there's two guys at once it's almost like fighting two guys at once in real life. Can't do shit.

This is gonna hurt.

Back