Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
LT: I can always tell when the snow geese arrive for the winter, because my car looks like someone did a fly-by shitting. Being on a migratory bird route definitely has its downsides.

LT: I've passed 2,000 posts. I wonder how many are about SnK and how many are about ancient Chinese gays...

The correct answer is "too many".

LT: Christmas advertisements are always such a buzzkill. Here I am trying to kill time at the train station watching clips from Sicario and some happy jingle pops up telling me to buy mattresses and shit. I can't just transition from watching dudes get in a gunfight to listening to cheerful jingles. It kills the vibe.

LT:

Not sure if it's a cornfield thing, a societal thing, or just a simple misunderstanding (probably this one) but being a well dressed lad means any store I walk into I get asked if I work there, which makes sense, store dependent, but even in stores with set uniforms (Best Buy, for example) people will still ask if I work there.

I'm not irritated at the questioning, but you know that scientific principle that allows the waiter/ess to ask how your food is as soon as you take a bite, or how you pull the perfect card in Cards Against Humanity as soon as you put down a shitty one? That works against me, coupled with the many curses afflicting me, and people ask the moment I zone out or get really into inspecting whatever product I'm looking to purchase, so I hear "do you work here?" but I'm not grounded in reality enough to respond accordingly, so I just kind of turn and half-ass "Nomsarey?" But they're usually caught up in their assumed response that I don't give, so then they in turn get flustered, and then autopilot a repeat of the question while already assuming I dont, and they'll say "do you work here?" And I'm like... "oh, no... I'm sorry" and why the hell am I apologizing for not working somewhere? And then they get embarrassed and apologize, but like... God, it's so awkward and sexual we're all but married by this point, and I have to shout that I'm flattered but already taken, and they're all like "what the fuck, I just want to know where electronics is" and then I'm like "oh, yeah, they're back by the toys" and they're like "oh, so you do work here?" and I have to explain to them, patiently, that about 3 and a half years ago I did work at this store, but it was a tough time because of the gal I was dating back then, and I dont like to talk about it, and they usually empathize, shit, we've all had bad relationships and low points in our career, so we share our stories and by this point, damn, we're pretty close and I have to again inform them that I'm married, but honestly, at this point, I've bonded so much with this 83 year old that I dont know if I can say goodbye, but I took a solemn vow when I got married, so I tell her to have a good day and go on my way, but... I now understand what it means to leave a piece of me behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
LT:

Not sure if it's a cornfield thing, a societal thing, or just a simple misunderstanding (probably this one) but being a well dressed lad means any store I walk into I get asked if I work there, which makes sense, store dependent, but even in stores with set uniforms (Best Buy, for example) people will still ask if I work there.

I'm not irritated at the questioning, but you know that scientific principle that allows the waiter/ess to ask how your food is as soon as you take a bite, or how you pull the perfect card in Cards Against Humanity as soon as you put down a shitty one? That works against me, coupled with the many curses afflicting me, and people ask the moment I zone out or get really into inspecting whatever product I'm looking to purchase, so I hear "do you work here?" but I'm not grounded in reality enough to respond accordingly, so I just kind of turn and half-ass "Nomsarey?" But they're usually caught up in their assumed response that I don't give, so then they in turn get flustered, and then autopilot a repeat of the question while already of assuming I dont, and they'll say "do you work here?" And I'm like... "oh, no... I'm sorry" and why the hell am I apologizing for not working somewhere? And then they get embarrassed and apologize, but like... God, it's so awkward and sexual we're all but married by this point, and I have to shout that I'm flattered but already taken, and they're all like "what the fuck, I just want to know where electronics is" and then I'm like "oh, yeah, they're back by the toys" and they're like "oh, so you do work here?" and I have to explain to them, patiently, that about 3 and a half years ago I did work at this store, but it was a tough time because of the gal I was dating back then, and I dont like to talk about it, and they usually empathize, shit, we've all had bad relationships and low points in our career, so we share our stories and by this point, damn, we're pretty close and I have to again inform them that I'm married, but honestly, at this point, I've bonded so much with this 83 year old that I dont know if I can say goodbye, but I took a solemn vow when I married, so I tell her to have a good day and go on my way, but... I now understand what it means to leave a piece of me behind.

*likes in spirit...

WAM: Genuinely uncertain if I'm chatting with some broken bot or just a very rude, inconsistent person. It's an odd feeling when you hope it's a bot just because the alternative seems so weird.

It's already pretty weird to see a Chia Pets ad on TV in 2019 but what's weirder is that the ones they're selling are Chewbacca, Yoda, Groot and...Sophia from the Golden Girls

LT:

I either get suspected of being a shoplifter or of working at stores. Seems to depend on how recently I've groomed and if I'm wearing my cap, which can arguably make me look like a homeless person when it's cold out.

LT: Always fun/frustrating reading historical accounts where leaders choose to ignore the advice of experts because it's not glorious enough.

what are friends?

people that have had an effect on you? that can't be it. it could be a negative effect. even if it's a positive effect, people that enact laws that positively effect you aren't your friends, neither are people who hire you per sae. or people that invent works of art that you enjoy.

people that share experiences with you? if that's the case then you can't really be friends with people unless you physically interact with them. i mean, it's hard to share experiences genuinely without being near people, and yet people say they have online friends.

people you've talked to? no, people you've talked to often. when's the benchmark? do you just talk enough and then say "we're friends"? well what if you're forced to talk to someone you actually don't really like super often?

people you like?

that must have something to do with it. but you can like someone for different reasons, even if you don't know them that well. you won't always be friends with someone you idolize.

people you like being around? yeah that's more like it. people you like, that you enjoy being around, that share experiences with you, that you talk to, who have had some kind of positive effect on you, and you to them. that's what a friend is.

i wonder whose friend i am? who is there who likes me, who enjoys being around me and talking to me, and shares experiences with me? who have i had a positive effect on? i'm not looking for answers here i'm just rambling. because, it's hard to know exactly who sees you as a friend, yanno? and, why exactly they see you as a friend.

for that matter it's hard to see how others value you at all, or what worth you really have. why do i exist, like, what can i offer or contribute, what do i contribute? is there anything good about me? what have i done right?

i wish people would tell me more often.

LT:
I hope we can actually resurrect Aerith with the White Materia in the FFVII remake this time around.
Even if it's only a post-game quest or free dlc later on.
Though would be perfectly happy if they kept it like the OG story.

LT:

It's December, time to spend several hundreds of dollars on gifts and guess what people want.

i got people in my family a lot of presents last year so i set a bad precedent. now they're expecting me to get them something again even though they know i have no money.

depressing.

And when we did, we asked each other and gave them coal if they didn't answer.

Ugly Christmas sweaters for everyone!

i got people in my family a lot of presents last year so i set a bad precedent. now they're expecting me to get them something again even though they know i have no money.

depressing.

I know that feel of unrealistic expectations. Hate that stuff, and I tend to blame myself most of the time for other people's disappointment.

LT: I love how mobile internet went from one unique hell to another. Remember back in 2006, when flip phones needed a blood sacrifice and a mortgage payment to connect to a single web page with no mobile interface? Now I've got the opposite problem with being unable to use the desktop version (or, at least, the desktop version is giving out errors) on mobile-centric apps. As someone who uses their phone for 100% of their finance, this is mildly annoying. I suppose I can just wait until I get back to the office to unscrew everything.

I know that feel of unrealistic expectations. Hate that stuff, and I tend to blame myself most of the time for other people's disappointment.
Luckily i won't get mad at myself this time. Cuz like, that's just being entitled, expecting to get something just because you got something that one time.

Lately I've had the creeping idea that my focus has been gnawed away by and that my family is mostly perceiving me through the lens of my job and my search for a new one which to me is an incredibly depressing thought and my lack of creative output is only exacerbating it.

Back