The Mandalorian

I kinda sorta wanna watch it, but buying disney plus on top of all my other subscriptions is going to be a yikes for my bank account so a hard pass.

I'm still waiting patiently for Disney plus to appear for Hulu, but I'm interested in Disney, because I'm a fan of Disney, marvel and so forth. once the package appears it's suppose to be Disney and ESPN for around 12 bucks and it's only for States mostly at the moment. I'm interested in it, but I don't want to pick up one more streaming site. the show and those in the future interest me, so I'll check it out once it appears as a package on Hulu.

I just really wanna watch this. The Mandalorians are a badass race and the show looks very spaghetti western to me which is always great.

Disney appears to have spared no expense for this show. It looks fantastic. The mix of practical and CG effects works well. The show gives the universe a lot of character in the set design and little details. Also, this goddamn thing is the cutest fucking thing in the universe

bpgRfHI.jpg

There's not much to chew on with plot so far. The first two episodes are sparse on story it's mostly just an introduction to the Mandalorian and then the mission to retrieve the cute fuck pictured above. The action is decent if not mind blowing. The gun battle with the droid was the best action sequence thus far. Sometimes it seems like the Mandalorian's armor is a bit too bulky for hand to hand stuff which can make those scenes look a little clumsy. I do appreciate that the Mandalorian gets takes his fair share of ass kickings. He's not some indestructible badass, but he's tenacious and won't ever stop. Even when confronted with a giant boar alien that has wrecked his armor he still pulls a knife ready to fight even know he was about to die.

There are lot of little Easter eggs for Star Wars fans so far. There's also some humor in to keep the tone from getting too gritty or monotonous. The Mandalorian doesn't have a name or much in the way of personality and the show doesn't seem to have much interest in giving him one. He's shown a soft spot for the baby and that's about it.

Oh, the Mandalorian is on Disney+? I thought it was a torrent site exclusive.

OK but seriously I do intend to watch it and what I can only assume is baby yoda looks cute. Does that count as a spoiler? I don't think it does. Maybe I should spoiler this paragraph just in case? Hmm

Oh, the Mandalorian is on Disney+? I thought it was a torrent site exclusive.

OK but seriously I do intend to watch it and what I can only assume is baby yoda looks cute. Does that count as a spoiler? I don't think it does. Maybe I should spoiler this paragraph just in case? Hmm

If it's actually
Yoda then it would have to be a clone because the series is set after the events of the original trilogy. It might just be from the same species as Yoda, but it's strong in the force being able to life a giant hairy rino cat.

If it's actually
Yoda then it would have to be a clone because the series is set after the events of the original trilogy. It might just be from the same species as Yoda, but it's strong in the force being able to life a giant hairy rino cat.
I didn't realize it took place after the original trilogy. In that case I'm saying it's yodas kid

YODA FUCKED

finally a return to a traditional and George Lucas type of storytelling.
getting ready to sit down and watch episode 3.
very very happy with the first 2 eps.

So I guess they just fuck with the helmet on too? How do they even eat?

The stuff with the Mandalorian culture is quite cool. The rest of it is like eating cheesy poofs. There is no substance, but it tastes good going down.

Are we just going to start calling him Mando now? I think I'll just start referring to him as Mando. Now we just need a name for baby Yoda thing.

The action choreography was excellent in the third episode. I thought it was a cut above the first two episodes.
The battle at the end was pretty bonkers with all the Mandalorians showing up at the end. Looks like the rest of the season is going to be a running chase.

The third episode was directed by a woman named Deborah Chow. She's the first woman to direct a live action Star Wars thing. She'll be back to direct episode 7 and she's going to be directing the Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

I thought the third episode was the overall best so far.

I Watched abit of this star wars show with a friend. ill be honest it felt like watching a actual high quality star wars movie. for a tv show? its pretty good. i did get bored at some parts but to be honest thats only because i dont know much about the story.

Episode 4 was directed by Bryce Dallas Howard.
She's able to add a lot of warmth and humanity to Mando. It's difficult to give personality to a character that never takes their armor off and the audience can never see their face. However, I think this show and this episode in particular works around that really well. There's a bit of melancholy in the life of a Mandalorian. Their strict religious code means they can never take their helmet off in front of others or they will lose their identity. Yet, by keeping the helmet on it keeps everyone at arms length. It must be something of a lonely existence. This episode tests Mando with a peaceful existence, but he's invested in his Mandalorian identity and can't give it up that easily.

Cara Dune was pretty cool. I hope she shows up again.

This was a fantastic self contained episode. The effects for AT-ST were fantastic. This show spares no expense. It has also drawn some heavy weight talent. Howard knocked it out of the park with this one.

Back