Welcome to Demon School, Iruma-kun

Lamo I’m not going to lie the fist opening is the best I will now preform the song i am leaning japanese so I won’t add it in this is from my memory no listening to before

YEAH we are just getting started
pump it up
that’s all I remember LAMO I love it wait let me listen to it

Ah, filler. My arch neremnisis.

Luckily the show is pretty enjoyable regardless if you don't take it too seriously since it isn't trying very hard. I can appreciate some of the goofs and gaffs. But the characters and story are about on the quality of MLP. Not bad I suppose but it doesn't grab me besides for when it's trying to be funny.
Well even at this general directing quality the story will become a lot better as it goes on, but it would be the best if the director could stop trying to convince us that he's read the manga too.

A side-effect of this series has at least been the manga getting faster updates again, which is nice. The manga becomes fucking great as it goes on!

Last edited:
Episode 5.
Between Clara being the highest ranked of the three, Sabnock's BS backstory and the screaming fire monster, that was a hoot and then some...get it? Hoot. Cause of the owl...shut up.

Need more Clara singing.
We just need more Clara in general. I'd totally watch a spinoff about her.

Episode 6.
I love it.
The "Forbidden documents" are frigging romance manga. Hilarious. And the big ass student council lady loves them. Awesome.

Also, botany teacher lady was adorable, yis.

Not sure why Clara needed pig glasses to make her cuter for people. Otherwise, Iruma's choice of friends is better than his choice of many jobs.

Episode 6
Finally, enter canon parts with best girl stuco president!
The botany teacher is weirdly cute in anime format. Who is her VA? Couldn't find info even on ANN, but I know that voice is familiar. But, like, that exaggerated voice could belong to anyone from Satomi Arai to Aya Hirano.
The manga thing is hilarious, and the setup for her meeting with Iruma is pretty great, and I like how despite the intentionally cliché manner in which they meet it's still made clear that she's perceptive enough to be the first character to actually put the pieces together like that. That's actually a real feat in this series.

Episode 7
I'm happy I delayed watching the previous episode so I could watch this one right after.
Amelie!
d35.gif

I really hope the anime will reach a certain point so she can get to properly flex what a great character is and how surprisingly unorthodox her relationship with Iruma becomes for this genre. Seriously, Amelie's spiel there about ideals vs ambitions is what sets her apart from like 99% of waifu trash! She has actual ambitions, and ambition is what she values in other people. The former is already rare enough in the "waifu"-saturated market, but also having the latter especially in shounen is way rare since that's an intimidating trait to certain demographics that often frequent shounen wish-fulfillment and self-insertion.

Finally it's pointed out that the Netherworld actually kinda fuckin' rocks for Iruma right now compared to his previous life.
I know other stuff happened, but I have to point out because I forgot to do it for the previous episode: I love that there's the demon bell thing that just sings the cliché school tune, the Westminster chime. I actually really liked that. Got a good laugh the first time I heard it in the background. Probably because I'm weird and I tend to do the same thing out of habit because one of my friends when I was younger had that for their door bell sound.
And let us all appreciate how bloody tall Amelie is. There's not enough such character where it feels like they can step on you at any moment!
People stigmatizing tall women are cowards! LOWLY COWARDS! INSECURE CRAVEN FOOLS!
Some whine about being short in relation to women, but they have not considered the curse of being taller than most women when you specifically wish they were taller than you! It's an injustice, I say!

Probably just getting baited(Shounens are known to do this), but I'm shipping the MC with the council president.
To my knowledge this doesn't become a full harem series, so I'm riding that damn ship, especially as they will actually build an excellent rapport with each other.
------------------------------------
While the execution of the anime is still not the greatest it could have been, I feel right now it's having a decent momentum.
------------------------------------

Oh, episode 8 will be Clara focused, judging by the preview. I'm sure @randomredneck will be happy about this.

Last edited:
Episode 7.
...You know, the fact that I go by Ameri on another website makes this a little confusing.
That being said, there's something hilariously adorable about an 8 foot tall demon getting stories read to her like a 2 year old. Cracking me up over here.

Last edited:
I suppose we could consider this one a bit of an Isekai... at least I do, since the dude is in another world sort of thing. to be fair, it's actually a refreshing, random, comedy, drama... it literally is containing a lot of aspects that isn't easy to pull together and maintain an actual going anywhere mentality. it's weird how he's having a better life in Hell than he is ever did when he was on earth. but those defense skills and the adorable nature of that summoned figure was quite adorable. can't wait to see how this one is going to pan out.

I’m excited to see your guys reactions to the next part and how they animate it.
The meat of the story starts next imo

...I'm beginning to think I'm not the target audience for this show. This was just a cringe session.

wow. that hairstyle on iruma looks great.

kinda fun episode. much better than the last.

Back