Kakushigoto

I thought this was another one of the series from the one where the brother has toothbrush oral sex with his sister. I'm fine with this, as if your daughter saw you drew big titty lolis, she would look at you with such eyes of disappointment, you would curl out of existence.

Wait a minute...........this is by the same guy who did Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei!

FlatGlumFlatfish-small.gif

I AM SO FUCKING IN FOR THIS. I imagine it's gotta be studio Shaft doing this since they're so familiar with Kumeta's work and they actually did a pretty swank looking manga PV for this:

The father is of course voiced by none other than Hiroshi Kamiya here. :laugh:

Reminds me I also still need to get to the other seasons of SZS sometime tho.

Last edited:
Wait a minute...........this is by the same guy who did Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei!

FlatGlumFlatfish-small.gif

I AM SO FUCKING IN FOR THIS. I imagine it's gotta be studio Shaft doing this since they're so familiar with Kumeta's work and they actually did a pretty swank looking manga PV for this:

The father is of course voiced by none other than Hiroshi Kamiya here. :laugh:

Reminds me I also still need to get to the other seasons of SZS sometime tho.
You also need to get to Joshiraku as well, it's also worth the watch.

01:

crNLZnc.png

This is a man I have to respect.

44g3niu.png

Attack on Gremlin looks pretty great, I would read it.

OH74WBQ.png

Holy crap, I fucking spit my drink out at this. ARE THEY IN ON ANIME PLANET'S JOKE? HOW DO I READ MANGO HERE!

hdQXohb.png

HIPSTERS EVERRRRRRRYWHERE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, fucking hipster bullshit lingo. Taking jabs at Starbucks is always good.

The style of this show is unmistakable, you couldn't mistake this for anyone but Kumeta-sensei writing this with the quirkiness, social commentary and puns, it's like SZS lite. It really is like if Zetsubou-sensei became a dad cause it's hard for me to picture anyone else right now with Hiroshi Kamiya voicing him. He's going ALL OUT. Also Hime is a pretty cute daughter and kids have great imaginations. I really like how this show looks aesthetic wise too and the jokes were on point.

Charming as hell first episode.

Last edited:
...and done.

Which is disappointing. Because this is a great bunch of voice actors. Because, though not crafted in the breakneck style of Zetsubou (despite, I think, really wanting to be (an instinct I agree with)), the vibe is still sharp. Because the characters--particularly the supporting cast (and especially those related to the school)--are more than worth a chuckle.

But...sparing us all the the overlong explanation of exactly why, suffice it to say that I have a real problem with the premise--or, rather, the contrivance thereof. Or, more specifically, in how it is deliberately contrived (because the character has contrived it) but to no great end: it's a gag (which is fine) that's been inflated to a prominence the supporting content doesn't reflect (not fine).

Or: why this and not something else? Why not that his daughter knows and is unimpressed? Why not that his daughter knows and thinks too highly of his work (having never read it)? Or, more pertinently, how does anything that happened really change if he has no hangups (nor need for concern) about his daughter's reaction to his work, "dirty" or otherwise?

I mean, while I don't need the answer immediately, I should at least feel like there is an answer.

And, yes, it's only one episode, but...

[shrug]

I've got old idol anime that I need to get to and hate myself for loving. Gotta wow me up front, new shows.

Anyway.

This has been my obligatory hoity-toity contrarianism for the season.

See everyone over in SNAFU 3.

33BGr.jpg

I like her already.

Actually, I already like this show. Everyone's so smart and they all mesh well with each other, even if the premise of mangaka dad hiding his occupation from his kid daughter opens the door to a lot of basic gags. The humor worked really well here. Gotta love that bit about the Fancypeeps and that big chase scene with the burly guy who calls our MC Clark Kent in the mornings.

Lottery Game dun worked out good, thank you always, Gens-sama.

33BGr.jpg

I like her already.

Actually, I already like this show. Everyone's so smart and they all mesh well with each other, even if the premise of mangaka dad hiding his occupation from his kid daughter opens the door to a lot of basic gags. The humor worked really well here. Gotta love that bit about the Fancypeeps and that big chase scene with the burly guy who calls our MC Clark Kent in the mornings.

Lottery Game dun worked out good, thank you always, Gens-sama.

You also gotta feel relieved these days too with a premise like this, how anime can be so sketchy and go horribly wrong into leaning into unethical fanservice. Shit like reading the Usagi Drop manga still scars me to this day how it ended.

You also gotta feel relieved these days too with a premise like this, how anime can be so sketchy and go horribly wrong into leaning into unethical fanservice. Shit like reading the Usagi Drop manga still scars me to this day how it ended.

Oh man, I'll always partially regret reading up on Usagi Drop's manga ending. That'll teach me not to complain about having to see only one anime season in my lifetime.

Kakushigoto

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I think it's my first time watching something from this studio. I have a good feeling about this anime, it's not boring or so basic like many others in fact it's quite funny and cute and I love the voice actor that does Kakushi Goto's voice. Btw for those that don't know there are many play words with Kakushigoto it does not only mean secret but it also means hidden job (kaku = hidden; shigoto = job/work) and it's also the name of the main character. So it's even funnier. Kakushi Goto has a kakushigoto (secret) that is his shigoto (job). Sorry really wanted to make this pun! :banana::pickleda:

Back