• The greatest thing to ever happen in AP

Votes: 36 40.0%
  • The Galavant of anime clubs

Votes: 17 18.9%

• Total voters
Spectral Force

Rating: 1/5 for effort
Experience: 3/5
The whole time it kept reminding me of really old games when we had just bought a computer. If only this was an intentional nod to game CG, I would have loved it.

Spectral Force (Dub)

I think what stood out to me watching this was the horrible CGI for the background, with cel animation characters slapped on top of it. I couldn't get past it the whole time. The backgrounds are dull, while the cels are brightly coloured as if someone turned the contrast controls up. Lighting doesn't match up a lot of time, mostly with darker scenes. I also noticed the characters had a lot perspective issues making them look like paper cut outs at times.

Background track mostly comprised of cheap synth when there is actual background music, at times it feels like its missing something. Dub was about right for around the time, wasn't terrible, but not great. However with how certain lines were delivered it made it funnier. Like when Chick, the guy with super bright orange hair was shooting like an old GTA NPC.

Plot was eh. Maybe I could have gotten more out this if knew more of the video game source material.

Sound 2
Animation 2.5
Plot 2

Nicolas Cage showed up though. So that's something.
VgkEeEr.png

Laughing Target
Fell asleep last night right after seeing the notification for DTAB. But I watched it later in the morning for the sake of the anime bingo anyway. I think it was kinda good enough to almost not be in DTAB (Or maybe my tolerance for bad anime has increased due to DTAB xd).

Back