Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like ZK's trying to topple the number of reviews he did for movie SS last year. What a dude after reviewing 30 movies in a row. I think I'm doing the same and putting most of my energy in the movie reviews but screw it, I'll join this one anyway. I think I can eek out at least watching one here.

-------
Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet username: Gens
Link to your anime list:https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Gens/anime/watched
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: 12-13 episodes
Anime, manga, or both is ok? Only anime
Tags you don't want: Ecchi/Harem/Mecha
Other: Not much else, just please keep it within the episode limit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Secret Santa Participant

Anime-Planet username: AnnaSartin
Link to your manga list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/AnnaSartin/manga/read
Anime, manga, or both is ok: Since I'm already really behind on my anime due to being sick, I'm going to go with manga this year. (Manhwa, manhua, webtoons and OEL are also fine.) I'll read anything available online that is not locked behind a paywall.
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: Nothing too crazy
Tags you don't want: Please no yuri, ecchi, guro, or sports.
Other: Anna prefers eggplants over melons, so BL is always welcome. I also love cats and other cute animal stories, sweet romances, supernatural stuff (vampires, demons, youkai, werewolves, ect), rural countryside stories and fantasy/ancient world epics.

Last edited:
Sounds like ZK's trying to topple the number of reviews he did for movie SS last year. What a dude after reviewing 30 movies in a row. I think I'm doing the same and putting most of my energy in the movie reviews but screw it, I'll join this one anyway. I think I can eek out at least watching one here.

Anime just doesn't intrigue me enough anymore. I needs to be the movie king.

Here we go again:

Secret Santa Participant
Anime-Planet username: SpiritOfCoffeeMug
Link to your anime list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/SpiritOfCoffeeMug
Anime, manga, or both is ok? Anime only. I'm pretty slow reader.
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: 26
Tags you don't want: Everything is fine for me
Other: You can also make me finish something on my "stalled" list if they are something you'd recommend me to finish asap or for some other reason. Same goes to anime shows on my "watching" list I haven't started. Like I said I don't have any preference regarding the genre, but good plot is always appreciated.

Last edited:
Secret Santa participant:
AP username: Oceanwithwaves
AP forum username: Oceanwithwaves
Link to anime list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Oceanwithwaves/anime/
Link to forum account: https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/members/oceanwithwaves.734906/
Episode limit I'm willing to watch: 29-33
Anime or manga: please anime, I read manga at it's time, but please don't
Any won't watches: Anything sexual, ecchi is in the clear though. And slice of life.
Other: anything with some blood or action is good. Curious what you'll come up with! Good luck!

Anime-Planet username: Cherstal
Link to your anime list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Cherstal
Anime, manga, or both is ok?: Both are alright (at least 1 anime though please!)
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: 50~55 episodes, no volume limit
Tags you don't want: Work Life, Episodic, MMORPG, and Harem.
Other: Nothing from my stalled or dropped lists please, but stuff on the want to watch list/not on any list is fine. Movies and OVAs are also fine. Generally speaking I tend to like shows with a good mix of character drama/romance and action. Also cute boys--always a sucker for cute boys.

Last edited:
This is legitimately the first social event about anime I've ever participated in. So hyped!
Secret Santa Participant :laugh:
Anime-Planet User Name:
Podocus
Link to anime list profile: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Podocus
The episode limit you are willing to watch: No limit :)
Would prefer manga or anime or don't mind either: Anime only please :)
If there is a particular genre you really aren't interested in: No real genre limits, as long as it's on my "want to watch list".
Other: I can make an exception for an anime that isn't on my "want to watch list" if the person REALLY recommends it and gives a good enough explanation
P.S: Try not to match me with a person that wants manga recommendations please :) Don't know much about good mangas.
P.P.S: Since I'm new to watching anime, I want to watch a lot and catch up to the general community, which is why I want to knock out a couple of anime titles from my "want to watch list".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, we're working to change the Secret Santa template so that we can treat this as an official event each year. If you've already posted your info, we'd be obliged if you could edit your post and replace with the new one referenced in the first post. The rest of the OP will get a bit of an edit later on and then we'll announce it more widely.

Ah yes. It's the most wonderful time, of the year

Anime-Planet username: WolfAngelus
Link to your anime list: Clickbait
Anime, manga, or both is ok? Anime Only
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: Around 100 episodes or so is fine
Tags you don't want: Mecha / Sports / Short Episodes // BL/GL/Yaoi/Yuri and so on // Movies - unless it's a bonus extra / OVA's / Anime with less than 12 eps / Military
Other: Nothing from stalled / dropped / already watched / won't watch. I strongly prefer watching in English rather than Japanese. Nothing out of proper viewing order (IE: random movie from the middle of an anime, or S2 of something without having seen S1). My "watching" list may be used if needed as that's mostly just a prioritized list, so long as I don't have an episode count on it yet.

Thank you

Last edited:
Anime-Planet username: cosmia
Link to your anime list: Tada
Anime, manga, or both is ok? Anime :D
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: 24 eps
Tags you don't want: Mecha, Harem, Ecchi, Yaoi/BL
Other: Supernatural, gag/comedy, slice of life, or romance are pretty swell for me! (Nothing from dropped/watched pls)

Last edited:
Anime-Planet username: Starra
Link to your anime list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Starra/manga/reading
Anime, manga, or both is ok? Manga since I never actually watch anime
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: No max volume limit particularly, this bitch read a 311 chapter Chinese BL novel lol.
Tags you don't want:
Alcohol / Alcoholism / Beer / Wine, Animal Abuse, Animal Protagonists, Anthologies / Collections, Autobiographies / Biographies, Bar, Crude, Disney (lol), Domestic Abuse, Incest, Infidelity, Guro, Marvel Comics (lol), Mecha, Omegaverse (Unless it's, like, really good), One Shot (I want something more than a volume long if possible), Racing, Stockholm Syndrome, Western
Other: I'm not too keen on things where character A is forced into a relationship with Character B... but there are exceptions if it's written well and not glorified (see: The Husky and His White Cat Shizun). Also, male/female romance tends to not be all that interesting to me.

I don't do too well with a lot of violence, either. I'm too much of a weenie for Tokyo Ghoul, for example.

Other than that, I'm cool with most things. I'll happily take light novel/webnovel suggestions too, although I don't think anyone other than me actually reads those >_>.

Anime-Planet username: Narkyotic
Link to your anime list: Narkyotic's Profile (both lists available here)
Anime, manga, or both is ok?: Both is fine, just make sure I can find it. Webtoon etc. are fine, I subscribe to most platforms available in Upside-Down Land
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: 26 for anime, 18 vols for manga, but if you give me all three with max length, you better know I'll... not do much other than my best.
Tags you don't want:
SoL, shounen and mecha I struggle with, the rest should be fair game.
Other:
Anything from my dropped, stalled or won't watch lists and I'll... again, not do much but my best. I'll be well fair shitted off though. Be as kind as you can. I get very little nerd time these days, and last year I got Garzey's Wing, which ruined me for life and I struggled to finish anything else with that lovely stab to the soul -____________-

I've been as good as I can this year, Santa!

Last edited:
I’m just gonna redo mine then as well!
Anime-Planet username: UniversalParanoia1
Link to your anime list: https://www.anime-planet.com/users/UniversalParanoia1/anime
Anime, manga, or both is ok?: Actually I change my mind from my first choice, either is fine!
Maximum episode (anime) and/or volume (manga) limits: Maximum episodes: 30ish, Maximum volumes: 12-15, nothing too crazy though.
Tags you don't want: No harems, hentai, or incest. Anything else is fine. Give me your best or give me your worst.
Other: I like romcoms and I’m a fan of dark comedy. Horror anime/manga is nice too. Bring it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back