Hi Score Girl II

giphy.gif

My inner retro gamer is so fucking happy right now. MORE GAMING NOSTALGIA HERE I COME MOTHERFUCKERS.

Also OVAs are out too, I should get to those this week. This is one of the most actually worthwhile shows J.C. Staff has made in years alongside Planet With and Saiki.

Last edited:
ANN recently posted an article about how Hi Score Girl wasn't originally intended to be animated in 3D (as told by JC producer Yuji Matsukura). In the article, "Shogakukan Music & Digital Entertainment", also known by the acronym SMDE, was cited as being the actual production company behind the CG animation; JC themselves were "not credited for any part of the CG animation production", meaning SMDE are the true animation company behind the series and JC was the main production company that was making the series happen.

And with the disappointment that is One-Punch Man Season 2, how much lower can JC stoop!?

There's a subtitle file available for we the impatient. Not sure if I'm allowed to share such a thing directly here but ask and I'll deliver

Well, this is one of my top picks for this season, so to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement.

I liked the way the re-cap was presented. Especially since Ono really doesn't talk anyway, so we're getting to see in her head a bit and see what she thinks about and likes. They also used it as a means to give us back story on the Ono Sisters, which was really neat. Seeing how Akira chose her mains was really funny too. I pretty much lost it when Zangief and Haggar shed tears at their lack of fandom. That might've been the funniest thing this series has ever done. It also helps that this re-cap didn't encompass the entire episode, like with some shows this season. Also, Makato dance and taunt their instructor was gold.

I really wasn't expecting a complete confrontation there at the end either. I was a little worried that Akira would get scared off by Hikada. I think Makato is a good support role to keep that from happening though. I kind of got the impression from the previous seasons that Akira would get the wrong idea and simply storm off. I'm glad that we didn't end the episode on a misunderstanding like that. I'm sort of thinking that Hikada might challenge Ono to a game for Haruo's hand in marriage, so to speak.

Otherwise, pretty great start in my opinion. The OP/ED are a little wonky compared to the original though.

Back