Futsal Boys!!!!!

I've read somewhere that the amount of ! in an anime title is an indicator for how gay it is, with more ! = more gay. I'm excited for this anime.

What I would give for a sports anime where the newbie joins the team after seeing a flubbed play and going, "I can totally do better than that."

Yamato is delightfully ill-prepared for Futsal/Arena soccer. Like as much as he's into the sport he hasn't bothered to read up on Futsal, the thing that he is playing, also Play-Caller's are in both versions of the sport so..why does he not know what that is? Anyways, not a bad ep, even if it has some street fighter moves when kicking the ball.

It felt like watching a cheap & boring version of Haikyuu, MC's react the same way.
Also the ridiculous shots names ? So cringey... :yunoguy:
Though chara-design is neat and enjoyable, but too much cliché and bland characters, after 3 episodes it's already becoming a pain to watch.

It felt like watching a cheap & boring version of Haikyuu, MC's react the same way.
Also the ridiculous shots names ? So cringey... :yunoguy:
Though chara-design is neat and enjoyable, but too much cliché and bland characters, after 3 episodes it's already becoming a pain to watch.
You are so right man, I tried to grin and bear it but ill drop this series unfortunately
So lame characters with even more lame story.

Really??? I was thinking that FB was a cheap attempt to equal the dismal Try Knights. Instead of a conflict of style (athleticism vs. skill), we have two doofuses trying to understand each other.

I mean, if we really get down to the nitty-gritty of it, aren't all sports anime about two doofuses trying to understand each other?

Try Knights was never meant to be a serious sports show anyway, so it gets a pass from me. This one's just dead in the water even if it's going through all the motions to try and make the story seem halfway presentable.

EDIT: Nah wait, I just remembered what Try Knights was. Yeah, DG's right, it's shit. I was thinking of number24 when I said that so never mind me lol.

Last edited:
Really??? I was thinking that FB was a cheap attempt to equal the dismal Try Knights. Instead of a conflict of style (athleticism vs. skill), we have two doofuses trying to understand each other.
They could have made them gay... then it'd have been fun. number24 was better

Back