The Seven Deadly Sins: Imperial Wrath of the Gods

A studio change? Well that sucks. I thought the pacing in the second season felt strange but I wouldn't expect them to switch the studio for such reasons.

And Deen doing an action shounen? That doesn't sound like the ingredients for success.

I just watched the trailer and I didn't see anything terribly off-putting. I remember Season 2 feeling a bit weird anyway, either way I'll be checking this out. I honestly feel like I'm trapped in this series. I binged Season 1 on Netflix like 4 years ago and here I am, watching the other seasons just cause.

Either way, looks like UVERworld is doing the OP and it sounds rather promising. I ended up liking Odd Future more than I initially thought, so.

I just watched the trailer and I didn't see anything terribly off-putting. I remember Season 2 feeling a bit weird anyway, either way I'll be checking this out. I honestly feel like I'm trapped in this series. I binged Season 1 on Netflix like 4 years ago and here I am, watching the other seasons just cause.

Either way, looks like UVERworld is doing the OP and it sounds rather promising. I ended up liking Odd Future more than I initially thought, so.
I'm pretty sure the trailer was mostly scenes from season 2, with maybe a few new ones (but not sure). OP should be good, UVERworld is decent usually.

I'm pretty sure the trailer was mostly scenes from season 2, with maybe a few new ones (but not sure). OP should be good, UVERworld is decent usually.

I feel like...
Meliodas and Elizabeth with wings was new. :@_@:

I didn't generally recognize any particular scene enough to feel cheated out of what to expect.

I feel like studio DEEN ruined their noses. Is it just me or are they different (for Meliodas, Elizabeth, Diane, and King)? Elizabeth looks a little manly, other than that animation is pretty good.

EDIT: I am really bothered by the nose situation.

Just some pics:
mHNzW54.png

WDH0VQK.png

BI36hv9.png

SpSHPlt.png

Last edited:
Well... I'm just going to assume I'm about to have a bad time. I'll keep my standards as low as possible and see what happens.

The animation actually looks okay. I'm not sure if it was secretly fixed from the time I posted that screenshot, or if that was just an exaggeration. I do see that Studio Deen and Amazon have released separate versions of the OP and Amazon seems to have a cleaner look to it. Just from trying to google stuff, I can't hardly find anything talking about if the initial animation was bad, or if it was simply the preview that was bad... or what. No one seems to be talking about this show.

That being said, the main thing that distracted me was the fact that the blood is super censored. Otherwise, it pretty much just feels like Seven Deadly Sins. In terms of the plot I'm not too invested in anything right now. Just kind of along for the ride, waiting to see what happens.

So, this time it looks like I got the Studio Deen OP. In general, the animation was noticeably worse throughout this episode. However, there were times when the animation was looking pretty nice. So, all-in-all this season just seems like it's inconsistent. I suppose it's also possible that the Amazon version is just of slightly higher quality?

In regards to the content, looks like we are finally getting some backstory on Meliodas and what he was doing before and why we're at we're at now.

King and Diane were a little slow on the uptake about what was happening. It was also a little odd that they would just introduce themselves as their true selves when they clearly recognize being in other people's bodies. I suppose a giant would naturally be bad at stealth, but you'd think a fairy would have a little more finesse. I actually laughed when Gloxinia did a Meliodas impression though.

I'm more interested in this now as we've completely focused on Meliodas and the Ten Commandments. I feel like King and Diane were only sent back to the past for the sake of us seeing this too. I'm not sure if this can even really count as training.

I do wish that Meliodas didn't just have a "lump of iron" as a sword. Too many people are trying to copy Guts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never even thought about it until I saw this post .-.
Well the "new revealing" I thought it looked like a top hat until I saw the handle and realized it was a beer mug lol. Then I realized wait hat... on a giant boar OMG BOAR HAT and I wondered why I hadn't thought about it before.

Back