Chihayafuru 3

Still wish the manga would get around to ending, I don't think it's on hiatus, but Suetsugu is certainly taking a page out of Miura's book with this pacing. Right now I'm rewatching Season 1 with @SkyOnAnime and once we finish that we'll be moving onto Season 2. She hasn't seen it before, and this way i'll be all refreshed for the new season.

Guess which anime was just delayed 'till October! Madhouse, oh Madhouse, after the airing of Overlord III it seems you've developed an allergic reaction to third seasons, rip.

Guess which anime was just delayed 'till October! Madhouse, oh Madhouse, after the airing of Overlord III it seems you've developed an allergic reaction to third seasons, rip.

Dicks. What possible reason could they need to delay this for? It's probably already done and finished, they just don't want to air it alongside something? Dicks.

The manga was also delayed till October or something. Who knows lol

tenor.gif

On one hand I'm sad about the delay, because this was the only show I had any interest in the fall season.
On the other hand, I skipped ahead in the manga, and
a fuck ton.

The conversion ratio is about 1 progressive relationship scene per season.
Unless it's for a side character that you do not give a shit about.
Karuta filler will always calm down for fucking side characters. :cereal:

a fuck ton.[/SPOILER]

The conversion ratio is about 1 progressive relationship scene per season.
Unless it's for a side character that you do not give a shit about.
Karuta filler will always calm down for fucking side characters. :cereal:
The 2nd season was mainly focused on the Omi Jingu tournaments, so this doesn't sound like anything new.

Episode 1

That was perfect. Perfect introduction back to the series, didn't waste too much time on any recapping or re-familiarisation and got right back into the swing of things. Can't wait for the next episode already. Not a lot else to say other than that, it's just more Chihayafuru, which is exactly what anyone who enjoyed the previous seasons wants.

afb.gif

Some of these bigger hows could learn a thing or two from these smaller shows about recaps. Chihayafuru handled it masterfully. We got new scenes from old characters and let everyone know everything they needed to within the first few minutes before leaving the rest to the OP. The transition between the hard sell recap to OP to new content was amazing.

I love how we just jump right back into things too. It's like the series never ended, there really isn't anything inconsistent or missing from if you had just watched Season 2 a month ago and are keeping up with Season 3 now. So, that's always good.

I really like how we start to focus on the growth of Chihaya and using her inability to use her right hand to do so. A couple of points in the episode she realizes, "I don't know anything." She's considered one of the rising stars of the game, and yet she's still learning so much and, quite honestly, showing great strides and growth throughout the initial 2 seasons anyway. That's one thing I really like about this series as that we see natural growth with the main characters and it feels like they are growing and we aren't just trudging along waiting for something big to happen.

Another thing I really like was the introduction of romance. I know this has always been about the love triangle of the main trio, but it's like Chihaya is just now being introduced to that. So hopefully that will be explored a little more this season and she'll become a little less dense about other people's feelings. Although, seeing her put Kurata first is always great fun.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode, which I believe is supposed to air tomorrow? I need to find out if this is going to be two cour like the previous seasons. I certainly hope so.

Back