Daily Anime Thoughts

If only that trigger fanboy @PreciousEgg didn't leave the forum, he would be getting this news. >:]

I always respected him as a gamer with good taste so honestly that's a shame he doesn't want to come back due to the forum changes. That's his decision I guess though.

--------
DAT:

Man, Yoko Kanno hasn't done any soundtrack work in awhile. I miss her glorious OSTs.

DAT: I'm really considering to go and have a look at the 1000s up to 2000s in the anime list. Most of those shows inbetween those numbers still have like 4 stars or slightly less so there's basically a flood of potential sleepers in there for me (unless it's all stuff I've seen already which would suck but is highly unlikely).

Last time I really checked out the list was like... 3 years ago? So many rankings that must have changed now.

DAT: I'm really considering to go and have a look at the 1000s up to 2000s in the anime list. Most of those shows inbetween those numbers still have like 4 stars or slightly less so there's basically a flood of potential sleepers in there for me (unless it's all stuff I've seen already which would suck but is highly unlikely).

Last time I really checked out the list was like... 3 years ago? So many rankings that must have changed now.
Is there a way to do that here? I remember being able to see every anime ranked a few years back, but now I can only find the top 100 on the site and nothing beyond that. Maybe there's a search filter I'm not aware of.

Is there a way to do that here? I remember being able to see every anime ranked a few years back, but now I can only find the top 100 on the site and nothing beyond that. Maybe there's a search filter I'm not aware of.

Shit, now that you mention it... I guess it must have still been possible 3 years ago. That sucks :/

If you press “browse all”
And Change the drop down box to popular you can see everything ranked or change to “year” to order everything by when it came out.
I’m pretty sure that it lists everything on the site anyway.

And I think that’s what you both meant.
If not, ignore me and continue. *tips hat*

I see it's the cool and hip thing to shit on anime recently on these forums. I miss when I was unique here in that regards.
I've been here for close to a decade, and people have always been shitting on anime. To be fair, the first few years after 2008 when I was becoming active was low-key a collapse of the industry after what I consider to have been a gold age(independent of personal preference of shows from the era). I'm surprised no one's discussed the impact the general national and worldwide economy has on the industry. Times of financial struggle are not the best to buy anime.
But yeah. I'm not really complaining about anime much at all these days. Hell, even anime CG is seemingly starting to look up recently.

DAT:

Apparently the animators at David Production haven't gotten paid for their work on the latest season of Jojo:

https://twitter.com/0119x9110__/status/1174322706730213376?s=21

Well, don't think I've ever felt so disappointed before. Come on David Production, I thought you'd at least be one of the ethical studios. This poor treatment of animators needs to stop man, fucking hell.

Last edited:
DAT:

Apparently the animators at David Production haven't gotten paid for their work on the latest season of Jojo:

Well, don't think I've ever felt so disappointed before. Come on David Production, I thought you'd at least be one of the ethical studios. This poor treatment of animators needs to stop man, fucking hell.
I, Giorno Giorvanna, have a dream that animators will get paid for their work in japan. Gotta rise up.

Q: So if they do animate the 6th part I suppose you would definitely be going all out to voice Jolyne.

A: I want to be Foo Fighters!

Q: Not Jolyne?

A: Jolyne is the one I adore. So I want to be Foo Fighters, the one who lends her a hand.

That's adorable. It's also kinda funny how people now just treat future parts as guaranteed and create content accordingly to be first.

DAT:

Eh, the animation issues that had to be fixed in blu-ray in part 4 in particular seemed to hint as much.

Back