Smile Down the Runway

Yass! This will hopefully be done well. Whatever studio is doing this will have to be one that's good at moments of flair.
runway.jpg

There should be two criteria to being a model:

1. Be attractive.
2. Don't be unattractive.

For runway models, those two and:

3. Sexy, long and sexy legs.

There should be two criteria to being a model:

1. Be attractive.
2. Don't be unattractive.

For runway models, those two and:

3. Sexy, long and sexy legs.
Which is basically part of why there's an implicit height requirement most of the time.

I expected this one to be less interesting than the Synopsis made it sound based on the picture. I'm going to give it a chance ^_^

I've been reading the manga since it was at about like chapter 10-15 ish. It's not GOAT material, but it's pretty decent if not good. Despite being published as shounen as well. It's good to not set expectations too high, but I'm looking forward to watching it to say the least.

I've been reading it all the way up to chapter 97, and I really like how the author has progressed the story and the characters. Although I think the industry is trying to give more experience to newer studios, even if that studio hasn't really done anything memorable. But I think what really got my attention for the series is that its a shonen that is focused on fashion modeling. Its interesting to see a shonen series explore something really different.

I know there's also Paradise Kiss, but it felt kind of short and maybe didn't get too balls deep with the fashion. Overall, I feel hopeful for this adaption.

First episode was pretty good. If you don't like the determined shounen sports protagonist type then Fujito will probably get on your nerves. She's dogged about her dream despite a physical barrier she can't surpass. I found her to be bearable for the most part.

I liked that her father was a good dude and none of the fashion people rejecting her were outright villains they really were just trying to make her see she didn't have the physical attributes to be a runway model. When she gets Tsumura involved her father doesn't just steal the dress design, but offers the kid a job.

Overall, it's a typical start to this kind of show, but it has some charm. The art is nice and the animation is decent in spots.

Reactions: Zed
I like the first episode and the premise. Sheer will power doesn’t always buy you everything, but it’s also true that there’s no way if there’s no will.

Back