Recommendations for 'Isekai' with female protagonist

Incontrovertible

I'm getting bored of isekai manga with male protagonists, seems to be the same stuff, there are only a few i enjoy with a male lead, and that's the non harem type.

I've only read/reading a few isekai manga with a female MC, and would like to read more of the same kind!

Looking forward to your recommendations!

I’d recommend peerless alchemist and the ghostly doctor. They include both medicine and martial arts.
I would also recommend circle zero’s otherworldly hero business. Although the main character was male he becomes female through reincarnation.

Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits is really good. It’s got a few volumes out on Shojo Beat now, and a two-cour anime that’s excellent.

I recommend it because the lead had agency and solves her own problems, and (in the anime at least) there is a nice, believable romance build-up. It’s also more about relationships between characters than it is about the lead being OP.

I'm getting bored of isekai manga with male protagonists, seems to be the same stuff, there are only a few i enjoy with a male lead, and that's the non harem type.

I've only read/reading a few isekai manga with a female MC, and would like to read more of the same kind!

Try out the works by Author FUNA, iirc they all have female protagonists

If it's female isekai protagonists, it's gotta be Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? for me, but if you've already read that there's quite the subgenre of reincarnating as either a princess, somebody's wife, or my personal favourite, random otome game villain/ akureijou. Well, they're not quite the same as the world-building or adventure types, but they have their own charm. And let's not forget Tanya, even if she's a salaryman at heart.
Of the subgenres I just mentioned, a few that come to mind are:
I'm a Villainous Daughter, So I'm Going to Keep the Last Boss
They Say I Was Born A King's Daughter
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!
I Reincarnated as a White Pig Noble's Daughter from a Shoujo Manga
They all have light/web novels as well as manga, so pick your medium and have fun; there are plenty others that are quite similar, so I'm sure you'll find more you like among the recommendations and stuff if you enjoy them.
Also, check this out if you're interested in a born OP yesterday gamer. Not exactly isekai though.

Before I say this I’m not trying to offend any one or anything of that sort I am simply stating my opinion that isekai with female protagonists are not as good in plot, character development, or character temperament so I think you should look for isekai with male protagonists instead and if you want some that are good in that regard than just ask and I will refer you to some

Before I say this I’m not trying to offend any one or anything of that sort I am simply stating my opinion that isekai with female protagonists are not as good in plot, character development, or character temperament so I think you should look for isekai with male protagonists instead and if you want some that are good in that regard than just ask and I will refer you to some
Those ones tend to be uninteresting harem or something silly like a cute loli potential gf, they are all basically about the protag fawning over some girl, (unless the protag is gay then it is something that I can watch, it's more interesting), it gets pretty ridic imo.

Last edited:
Those ones tend to be uninteresting harem or something silly like a cute loli potential gf, they are all basically about the protag fawning over some girl, (unless the protag is gay then it is some guy, that I can watch, it's more interesting), it gets pretty ridic imo.
I think in some cases you are right but there are a lot of isekai with male protags that are great for example:
Re:monster
Arifureta
Tate no yuusha
Imminence in the shadow
Wortenia senki
Isekai taitei cheat

Try those out you will probably like them if you want more then just ask

I personally love isekai as a genre, but yeah, I would love there to be more with female protagonists. Those ones where it's a dude you gets reincarnated as a chick don't count because the whole dang point is to see things from a girls perspective, and all of the ones with that have creepy male gaze centric yuri ecchi, often with lots of lolis. It's disheartening when a manga defines a woman as a sex object. Even the cheesy embarrassingly heterosexual chemistry-less romances in the reverse harem manga tend to be more bearable (and surprisingly often better written) than an isekai whose display of women boils down to "Hey! let's compare titties!" and "Wow, I sure get groped a lot. It's irritating but that's just life with men, lol."

So far I’m caught up with/following (with my thoughts):

Saving 80,000 Gold Coins in the Different World for My Old Age (lots of fun)

Isekai de Mofumofu Nadenade Suru Tame ni Ganbattemasu. (I too want to pet All the things, super cute, I love it)

Isekai Omotenashi Gohan (very domestic, she’s dealing with it, pretty good)

Sengoku Komachi Kurou Tan! (no Cheat Skills! she’s an agricultural student and good at it, pretty good)

The Duchess’ 50 Tea Recipes (Ok so far)

Survive as the Hero’s Wife (I can’t actually think of any way to defend this one? It’s not good, but I read it)

I’m a Villainous Daughter, so I’m going to keep the Last Boss (one of those otome ones, not terrible, but not particularly good either)

I Am a Child of This House (reluctant to count this as an isekai, it’s kind of a pointless detail wedged in the backstory and has no bearing on anything in the story whatsoever, she says she remembers her previous life, but she acts and thinks her body’s age, I’m reading it I guess)

Isekai de Shippai Shinai 100 no Houhou (There is ONE chapter, and I am excited for more)

The Vengeful White Cat Lounging on the Dragon King’s Lap (a bit all over the place, but pretty good, I like it)

I Became The Emperor’s Daughter One Day (everyone’s a murder hobo for some fucking reason? makes no sense, and not in a fun way, a five year old tries to murder her three year old adopted sister multiple times, and the style is very shoujo, y’know how bullying in shoujo is portrayed?, like it’s a bad thing happening but the general feel is “oh it’s okay, her white knight will save her?” only the white knight is her adoptive father and the saving is brutally murdering his other adoptive daughter, like what the fuck, don’t ask why I’m still reading this)

Dad is a Hero, Mom is a Spirit, I’m a Reincarnator (not bad)

Kainushi Juujin to Pet Joshikousei (not sure how I feel about this one really, the premise is a bit uncomfortable, but it’s… uh… not ecchi at least? and it’s kinda cute)

Kumo desu ga, nani ka? (it’s gotten a bit repetitive, just get stronger, almost die fighting new stronger enemies, at least the spider isn’t sexy, …yet, it’s okay)

The Empress’ Poor-quality Special Effects (no defending this one, it’s bad)

I Reincarnated into an Otome Game as a Villainess With Only Destruction Flags… (another otome one, I love the protagonist’s chaotic disaster energy, she doesn’t appear to have figured out that she isn’t straight yet, but all of the dudes and girls who like her seem to have, accidental bisexual harem from just being a chaotic entity trying not to die, I agree with all of the harem, I too want to marry this woman, I love it)

Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear (no romance, introvert in a bear suit, hilarious, fairly serious fantasy world, but whatever god reincarnated her just really really wants her to wear the fucking bear suit, it doesn’t match the genre of the world, just, Bear Suit, wonderful, I love it)

Potion Tanomi de Ikinobimasu! (pretty good, protag still hasn’t quite grasped the full extend of how OP she is, but she isn’t an idiot, and I like that)

Ascendance of a Bookworm (It’s pretty good, a decent example of what I’d like more of)

In Another World, I’m Called: the Black Healer (I appear to have misplaced my bookmark for this one, but it’s ok I guess)

Fiancée’s Observation Log of the Self-proclaimed Villainess. Highly Recommend it

I have really good isekai with female leads in my manga list. Its on my profile! Check it out ;)

My favorite one is
Sengoku komachi kuruotan
This manga is not shoujo but very good story.

Doctor Elise: The lady with The Royal Lamp: talks about a skilled surgeon who changes the world using her knowledge on medical stuff.

The reason why Raeliana ended up in the Duke's mansion: very cute and wholesome romance, but I don't remember much of the story line so that's all I can say.

Miss Not-So sidekick: the protagonist is so funny and lovely. She isn't a beautiful perfect protagonist and that's why this is my favourite isekai manga with female lead. Highly recommend this one out of all the ones I've named! The romance is cute because the protagonist is a bit dense(don't worry she'll notice later on) She can utilize basic magic too.

Back