New batch of anime and manga tags: animal transformation, rakugo, beverage tags, and more!

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
Hi all,

Here's a summary of all of the anime and manga tags added since the last announcement. Beverage tags, animal transformation, rakugo, and more.

Beverage tags are limited to manga at the moment, so if you only see a manga link, please do suggest additions to anime at this link, and we'll add the anime option for the tag.

As a reminder, you can post suggestions for new tags, as well as anime/manga that are missing specific tags, in the tag section of the forum. Help out by posting missing ones in the above section! And remember that you can check out recently added tags anytime by using the "date added" sort on the tags page.

Animal Transformation
ANIME | MANGA

These anime feature humans that transform into animals, or animals that transform into humans. They might use magic to alter their form, change against their will due to a Curse, or naturally have the ability to shape-shift. Werewolves are a common example of natural lycanthropes.

Rakugo
ANIME | MANGA

These anime feature rakugo (落語), a type of traditional Japanese storytelling. They may feature characters who are rakugo storytellers, or adapt classic rakugo stories.

Beer
MANGA

These Alcohol-related manga are about beer - drinking beer, brewing beer, or simply learning about craft beer.

Coffee
MANGA

These manga are about coffee. The story may take place in a Cafe, where coffee drinks or espresso are served to patrons. Or, characters may be baristas, or coffee connoisseurs.

Wine
MANGA

These Alcohol-related manga are about wine - drinking wine, brewing wine, or simply learning about wine.

Sake
MANGA

These Alcohol-related manga are about sake - drinking sake, brewing sake, or simply learning about sake.

NEETs
ANIME | MANGA

Young people who don't have jobs or aren't enrolled in school are classified as NEETs: Not in Education, Employment, or Training. These anime feature main characters that are NEETs, or focus on the phenomenon.

Witches
ANIME | MANGA

These anime feature witches: magic users who often possess classic traits such as pointy hats, flying brooms, and black cat familiars. Some are protagonists looking to improve their craft, have adventures, or save the world; others might be tricksters or outright villains who cause suffering and misfortune for others. Young witches might study Magic by serving an Apprenticeship, or attending a Magic School.

Tutors
ANIME | MANGA

These anime feature tutors: private teachers who give one-on-one instruction to a single student, or a small group of students. They may teach ordinary academics, give lessons on music or art, or give instruction on more fantastical subjects, like magic.

Hamsters
ANIME | MANGA

Hamsters are the focus of these anime. These small, cute rodents have short tails and large cheek pouches for carrying food, and are common household pets.

POV
ANIME

These anime have a first-person point of view narration style. As the viewer, you watch the story through the eyes of an unseen character.

Prehistoric
ANIME | MANGA

These anime take place in the prehistoric era, or have a prehistoric aesthetic. Cavemen, Dinosaurs or ancient beasts that predate human history populate the landscape, or modern characters may arrive through magic or Time Travel.

Based on a Cartoon
ANIME | MANGA

These anime are based on a Western cartoon.

Guns
ANIME | MANGA

This tag used to be called "Gunfights" - the scope has increased to include the following criteria.

Guns are an important focus of these anime. Characters may frequently engage in gunfights or other battles involving firearms, use guns to engage in criminal activity, or are enthusiasts who research or collect them, such as gun otaku.

1P Comic
MANGA

1P comics are a type of 4-koma manga that presents four panels per comic strip, stacked on top of each other vertically. 1P comics include single strip per page.

Trigger tags

Thanks, as always, for your continued support of Anime-Planet! Make sure you tell your friends about the awesome new tags here! :drinking:

These anime feature humans that transform into animals, or animals that transform into humans. They might use magic to alter their form, change against their will due to a Curse, or naturally have the ability to shape-shift. Werewolves are a common example of natural lycanthropes.

Thanks for the new tag updates. If you don't mind my critique, the last sentence that I quoted above had me scratching my head a little, especially the part about "natural lycanthropes". It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the paragraph. Something along the lines of "Werewolves are a common example of animal transformations" or just "Werewolves are a common example" might be better. As always, it's your call whether you ultimately want to change it or not. Thank you for your consideration.

It'd be cool if trigger tags were their own section, like you could filter out triggers much easier than scrolling through tags to make exceptions while browsing? But it's still nice to have the tags at all. Thanks much!

It'd be cool if trigger tags were their own section, like you could filter out triggers much easier than scrolling through tags to make exceptions while browsing? But it's still nice to have the tags at all. Thanks much!

It's a good idea for us to keep in mind as we work through the redesign efforts. I can say that in the new anime/manga info pages, the trigger tags are physically separated so they are easier to see, but we haven't started planning the filter pages/options yet. Will keep this in mind.

Eh, I have an tag idea.
I've seen a couple anime where one of the main characters needs to save another one constantly. Like a Damsel in Distress, or DID.

Idk, it isn't a great idea, but I wanted to put it here anyway.

Back