What Annoys You 2: Return of the Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAM:

This one customer asking me to let her change a deck of cards she bought (and opened) for a different one since it wasn't the deck she needed. I told her I'm sorry but that wouldn't be possible because the deal of the deck is already opened (you can't sell unsealed decks) and she just replied "No, you aren't sorry. If you were you'd let me change it" and left. I just looked at her like this because I was having a hard time processing what I just heard.

What if they call it wild cherry because the cherries they used are pumped up with drugs, therefore making them "wild"? D:

*Puts on his tinfoil hat*

I'll never see cherry again without thinking of them as drugged up clubbing fruits now!

WAM: My old man seems to believe that he's capable of navigating streets in districts he's never been into before better than the maps google provides that cost them a few tens of millions of dollars to build.

My father would never admit that a computer made by rich geniuses could ever know more about the masculine art of finding places than he, no matter how many hours we have been lost.

Working at a lawnmower service at one point and doing warranty for people. I can still vividly recall some of my most horrendous customer experiences with that. Like sobbing scam customers were the worst to me. Saying well my father's dying of cancer and I'm having such a hard time, so can't you give me this lawnmower for free outside of the warranty and calling me a monster for denying them. Or when a customer bought the incorrect voltage battery for a mower and didn't check that beforehand that the battery wasn't universal then getting all angry and blaming it all on me. Customers will do anything to blame you.
Yikes on bikes... I've been in retail for... 13 years now, and thankfully have never had a customer use the death of a loved one to try and get free shit or services. I DID, however, have a previous professor call me, and after a quick 5 minute catch up on the phone, she broke down sobbing about how her husband took his own life, and how lonely and afraid she is, and it was around Christmas, so my bookstore always has 3 people at customer service it's so busy, and I didn't know what the fuck to do because I have so many other important things to take care of, but just being a generally empathetic person, I couldn't tell a woman to stop crying, certainly not one that I had a good professional relationship with.

Working retail is just a strange beast. I know it's a meme, but I have had the awkward "Hello, how are you today?" while checking out, and the customer just says "got divorced today, how are you?" or "My mother passed last night." and then no further attempt at communication.

I'm just like "Yo... I'm a weeb... I already don't do well with talking to people in a normal way, cut me some slack, sorry for your loss."

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious now....
Psst they think your sister is attractive

WAM

"American companies using the name "Wild Cherry" for Cherry flavored things. What's the big deal? It will be like "Orange soda, grape soda, strawberry soda, AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT WIIIIILD CHERRY, YOU RAD DUDES AND DUDETTES!"

This use of "wild" can only mean one of two things.

1. It is referring to it's being grown outside.
2. It is meant to "spice" up the name for Cherry.

If we agree to #1, we must either assume that all other fruit flavors are grown in some governmental basement in a forbidden warehouse somewhere (CONSPIRACY ILLUMINATI LIZARD PEOPLE!) or these cherries are just found in the wild, like... you know, the company just walked through the woods and found some trees. This further irritates me because... 9 out of 10 times THESE ITEMS DON'T EVEN USE REAL FRUIT JUICE! How dare you try to sell me something artificial specifically named "wild" you cowards! If it is, indeed, a product that uses real cherry juice, your specific inclusion of "wild" there would immediately force me to question the wild status of all your other fruits. "Well, damn, sure am glad the Cherry Licorice is wild, but to hell with the strawberry, GMO chemtrail loving bastards!"

If we move on to #2 though... where in the the Caucasian hell is the individual who needs cherries sold to them. Who sees something flavored after the 13th most sold fruit in the U.S and says "Oooh, how exotic, I wonder how that tastes?!" Even newborns trying to eat a cherry for the first time are like "Man, I don't know shit about this whole existence thing, but I know what that tastes like. BET!"

You'll never see "Wild Strawberry soda!" or "Insane Watermelon taffy!" or "Batshit Fucking Crazy Apple Poptart!" because we just accept those things as being normal fruit flavors for our junk food. You don't need to dress this pig up, Big Sugar, we know what we're getting into. Why can't you trust the American people to be attracted to the flavor of cherry without needing to add a little razzle dazzle?

And if we do remove the "wild" from the cherry name, YOU JUST GO BEHIND OUR BACKS AND START CALLING IT BLACK CHERRY!

Enough is enough, stop all this nonsense and making me waste everyone's damn time on the anime forum I frequent with my bullshit. Put a stop to this."

(I'm gonna send this to my senator)
I love your rants. Please more.

Working retail is just a strange beast. I know it's a meme, but I have had the awkward "Hello, how are you today?" while checking out, and the customer just says "got divorced today, how are you?" or "My mother passed last night." and then no further attempt at communication.

I'm just like "Yo... I'm a weeb... I already don't do well with talking to people in a normal way, cut me some slack, sorry for your loss."

I’ve never really had this situation, where it’s come out of the blue, but you do get people coming into my store after supplements to help with stress and anxiety or low mood, and sometimes that will set people off. Or long term health conditions. Having customers cry on the shop floor while you stand there helpless holding a bottle of vitamin C is surreal.

@MonsterDream I believe I can hire someone to take care of your... problem for you
3B168F5CEE78D4C626D8EF6DDD7951727CA2915F

I know perfect way to to end both your headaches.....
giphy.gif

For him not you! It's soooooo tempting sometimes XD
Murder is the only solution.
CautiousTastyAntelopegroundsquirrel-max-1mb.gif

Working at a lawnmower service at one point and doing warranty for people. I can still vividly recall some of my most horrendous customer experiences with that. Like sobbing scam customers were the worst to me. Saying well my father's dying of cancer and I'm having such a hard time, so can't you give me this lawnmower for free outside of the warranty and calling me a monster for denying them. Or when a customer bought the incorrect voltage battery for a mower and didn't check that beforehand that the battery wasn't universal then getting all angry and blaming it all on me. Customers will do anything to blame you.
*cancels their own entire transaction on self checkout*
my fault
*price is too high*
my fault
*their card doesnt work*
my fault
*machine stops working*
my fault
*they scan it wrong*
my fault

WAM:

Sneezing all over the place. Allergies can go fuck themselves.
I bet @ValkyrieNight's shovel solution would work for that too

WAM: My mother screaming, cursing, banging all the vessels and telling people (including me) to die. It's seriously annoying and it's hard to keep up with her, I'm losing it
Uhhh... you cool?

WAM:

Shaky legs + overall cranky tiredness = pure pain.
My shaky legs are finally going away from doing too many lunges. FORTUNATELY ITS MY DAY OFF NOW. When I actually had that problem I had to work, but now that I don't, no more problems! ITS PERFECTLY TIMED OUT SO IT ONLY HURTS TO WALK WHEN I HAVE TO WALK.

PERFECT. THANK YOU GOD.

Psst they think your sister is attractive

I love your rants. Please more.

I’ve never really had this situation, where it’s come out of the blue, but you do get people coming into my store after supplements to help with stress and anxiety or low mood, and sometimes that will set people off. Or long term health conditions. Having customers cry on the shop floor while you stand there helpless holding a bottle of vitamin C is surreal.
Hehe, thought so XD But jokes on them, that ain't my sister :laugh:

His rants are pure golden.

I've never had any customer cry or anything in any of my jobs. Rant and rave or be arsehole: sure, talk the hind legs off a donkey: absolutely, cry or be emotional: never. Kids yea, adults nope :cereal:

I've never had any customer cry or anything in any of my jobs. Rant and rave or be arsehole: sure, talk the hind legs off a donkey: absolutely, cry or be emotional: never. Kids yea, adults nope :cereal:
A true con man, if he even has a shred of dignity would never stoop to crying.
tumblr_oaiwbodE7C1thug2po2_540.gif

It’s part of the type of customer I get. It’s a health food shop. Often people come to us as a last resort after medicine and doctors have failed them so they can be emotionally fraught.

@MonsterDream I believe I can hire someone to take care of your... problem for you
3B168F5CEE78D4C626D8EF6DDD7951727CA2915F

Haha, yeah ... thanks but I suppose it might not be needed just yet after all. And I feel like I've been on this subject on different threads for way too long but ...

A few hours after I posted that WAM here a few things happened. One of the things is that it turns out I was wrong about my sister... she did see how he treats us and she didn't approve any of it and she said she has talked about it before. And I thought: "Oh, if you did talk about it and he still acts like that then it's a hopeless case after all..."

But then a bit later I witnessed my brother-in-law apologize to my mother because apparently my sister talked to him about it again after seeing my mother cry in front of her. And I am glad he did apologize but ... what he said ... it didn't really make me believe that he's gonna change ... I mean he said: "I wanted to apologize for the way I've been acting ... it's just ... our personalities are so different and things happen..." And my mother, who probably just wanted to accept his apology for the sake of peace said: "It's okay. Let's just not let those things happen again..."

And I thought to myself:
"Oh, come on ... different personalities aren't really an issue here. I have a completely different personality from my parents and I can't deny we have fights because of it but I would never even think of acting as if they were nothing compared to me. It's the basic manners and respect for other human beings you lack." And I would have maybe said something like that if I had the courage and if I wanted to ruin the peace making between the two of them but ... of course I didn't. But honestly I think this excuse is even worse than his first excuse he apparently let my sister think up for him as it turned out later ... That stress and headache thing. People with different personalities can get along just fine if they tried.

But he didn't even try because he probably thought he was too good for that. Too good for us. And that's why I am really sceptic about our situation getting better but that's just me. Once I've been proved wrong about someone , I start distrusting them. And I did think he was a nice guy once. I don't anymore and I think I'm going to doubt his words until he manages to prove me and convince me that I've been wrong again and he can change.

And I'm once again sorry for long monologue. I'm gonna shut up for a while. :P

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back