Infinity Train

I interrupted the theme of the whole thing as
loss and how to properly deal with it. Amelia lost Aldrick and let it consume her. Tulip is losing her parents (In a manner of speaking) and eventually learns to move on from it.

Course I'm a dumdum and might be talking out my ass. But I gave it a shot. Never was one who is good at analysis.
That is definitely one of the key themes of the series. I suppose my previous statement was probably poorly put, since very rare is it that a work of any substance has just one theme (and indeed, oftentimes some themes can arise more out of interpretation than authorial intent), but that's a big one in this.

I would also say there's a lesson about making an effort to understand where people are coming from rather than reacting in anger, the human duality of logic and emotion, and how we sometimes delude ourselves in regards to how we remember things and even how we feel. It's some deep-ass shit for a kids' show.

I started it, I'm on episode three or four. It definitely has that kind of signature frantic pace of western animation that I'm not a real huge fan of (just chill a little, man), but more of the jokes are landing than are not. I'm still waiting for those good thematic moments but the characters are all pretty charming. I have faith in where it's going so far. My sister also is really enjoying it.

Atticus is best boy.

I started it, I'm on episode three or four. It definitely has that kind of signature frantic pace of western animation that I'm not a real huge fan of (just chill a little, man), but more of the jokes are landing than are not. I'm still waiting for those good thematic moments but the characters are all pretty charming. I have faith in where it's going so far. My sister also is really enjoying it.

Atticus is best boy.
It can't really chill. It's a mini-series after all.

Episode 4:

Word up!

Episode 5:

Sad word up.

These pair of episodes make for good case that there can be good along with the bad and that doesn't take away from the happy special things. You've still got to own your pain though because looking at the world through rose tinted glasses isn't healthy. It reminds me of this quote from Bojack.

x7DrbUc.gif

Also any fan of Bojack should be watching this show.

Finally, depressed One-One is my spirit animal.

It's a pretty good series overall. It has a simple and clear message that anyone should hear. If I did have kids this is the kind of show I'd want to watch with them because it would be an excellent conversation starter. There are more subtle notes in some of the episodes that give the message some more nuance if you're looking for them. This would probably be a good show to rewatch as the experience would be richer a second time though. Overall, I've got no complaints with it. 8 out of 10

Man, this was GREAT. Tulip is probably my spirit animal as a gamer nerd/aspiring programmer and the show has a nice game-y aesthetic. The message I think hits home particularly hard for me because I have a ton of trouble with this myself. I liked the symbolic representation of what the numbers were.
Also, totally fucking called it, that One-one was the conductor. It was pretty well alluded to. Love it even more that he's obviously inspired from Portal/Gladdos. Who wouldn't want a robot sidekick like that?
For it's short run time, it did a really damn good job in being compact yet effective while having a nice sense of mystery. Would love to see more.

8/10

Back