Summer 2019 Anime Challenge discussion thread

sothis

Forum Moderator
Anime-Planet Founder
Developer
SPZcXpV.png

JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Motivate yourself to watch anime in 2019 by joining Anime-Planet's Summer 2019 Anime Challenge. And discuss the challenge here! (please keep logistical questions to the feature requests/bugs forum)

To kick things off, reply with your challenge link, and what the first anime are that you plan to watch as part of the challenge!

This seasons lineup looks interesting!

I'm planning on watching Given, being the only lgbt series coming out this season (that I'm aware of).

Of course, I will be watching the obvious ones too like Dr.Stone, BEM, Fire Force, Vinland Saga, and To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts.

I'm hoping that Granblem, Arifureta, Astra Lost in Space and Lord el Melloi's Case Files will also be interesting.

If there's a good anime I haven't mentioned in my summer plan to watch list here let me know!!

Dr Stone
Is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon
wisemans grandchild
Rising of the shield hero
Fire Force

You get points once the shows are finished, that's why you still have 0 points.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for site features to promote community. I just came back and now it’s showing I have 1. Not sure what changed but it adds to my confusion. But like I said before, w/e. It’s nice to see the site trying to expand. At a minimum, it’s kept my anime watching checklist for me for 5 years :)

This seasons lineup looks interesting!

I'm planning on watching Given, being the only lgbt series coming out this season (that I'm aware of).

Of course, I will be watching the obvious ones too like Dr.Stone, BEM, Fire Force, Vinland Saga, and To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts.

I'm hoping that Granblem, Arifureta, Astra Lost in Space and Lord el Melloi's Case Files will also be interesting.

If there's a good anime I haven't mentioned in my summer plan to watch list here let me know!!

I’m also planning on watching Granblem! Other than that one I’m still not sure what to give a go and what not. Might check out the ones you’ve mentioned!

I was browsing the list and joined by accident. Dunno how that happened sigh. Doesn't look like there is anything worthwhile and I'm too preoccupied with a couple of emerged oldies as it is.
Dr. Stone got an intriguing plot, but didn't like the animation one bit. Passing this one. Fire Force is just weird. Wish, they'd make an anime about real life firefighters instead. So yeah, won't watch too. Astra looks iffy as well. I might give this one a chance, if there is nothing else to go with, but it's unlikely. As for Vinland, I will definitely watch this one, but unsure about finishing. Had read the manga after all, so know the entire plot and all that. I will probably watch Jurassic short by toei, but looks like it will be another cheap crap according to trailer. Added Ni no Kuni to my want to watch list, no idea if it's any good though, looks like a kid's show (watched trailer as well). Not that it will help me complete the challenge anyway, as it is a movie and unlikely to get released on blue ray or whatever this year. I guess, I ll watch The Girl From the Other Side. No idea if it's any good and wouldn't bother much if didn't join, just like with the rest of this stuff, but it got interesting animation at least. Looks like it's watercoloured, so pleasing to my avantgarde loving eyes. The only one, I'm more or less looking forward to checking out... Oh, well, another failed challenge won't hurt much xD.

Last edited:
SPZcXpV.png

JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Motivate yourself to watch anime in 2019 by joining Anime-Planet's Summer 2019 Anime Challenge. And discuss the challenge here! (please keep logistical questions to the feature requests/bugs forum)

To kick things off, reply with your challenge link, and what the first anime are that you plan to watch as part of the challenge!
https://www.anime-planet.com/users/Inu230/challenges/summer-2019-anime-challenge

I believe I'll start with Fire Force ^^

though techinically I've already watched the first 6 eps of
Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya

I had dropped Granbelm but people keep bugging me about it so maybe I'll binge it over the weekend... might as well add one more show to my list since at least three of my Summer shows won't finish in time to count for the challenge. :p

I'd just like to show appreciation to whomever came up with the challenges. The Summer 2019 Anime Challenge has encouraged me to watch anime that I'd have likely never considered otherwise. They've been (mostly) enjoyable and I've stumbled upon a couple of real gems. You've taught me that I should never judge an anime based on overviews and screenshots again.

Back