Gaming Discussion Thread

one of the best and worst gaming storys of recent i have is getting so good at left 4 dead 2 a hacker that made a script to kick people out of all servers has added me to that program that searches and floods the users with packets screwing up there connection to the server. i guess i beat him pretty bad in VS.
it is a 10+ year old game, so who wouldn't become extremely good playing for that long?

i got my gaming computer built now and am looking for really cool games to play.

everything ive launched has run on max ultra high settings though.

been playing halo: Online / eldewrito. its basically halo 3/4 and 5 i think's multiplayer combined and ported for pc but free and ill probably continue to use this cause from what i read about the halo coming to steam is its just going to be a port of this onto steam almost with alot of extra stuff like the campaigns and all the halos in one. my main issue with the master chief collection coming to steam is in big bold print it says must have external xbox live account.

i also started playing a few other games, metro 2033, the evil within, i just want to know what some really good computer games are.

i got over 80 on my steam and still feel like i got nothing.

im probably gonna get generation zero eventually and im supposed to get a code emailed to me for world war z for free soon.

My Hero: One's Justice was on sale at GameStop so I went ahead and got it. I was waiting for it to go down to a reasonable price. Unfortunately there are 3 online trophies: Play 5-20-50 matches online. I don't like when trophies are dependent upon online play, especially in fighting games. So, my solution is generally to put forth little effort, either throw matches or simply do nothing and let them hit me like a punching bag just so I can get it over with it. I'm about halfway through the requirements, and this guy friend requested me. I assumed he recognized I was just trying to get the trophy and was going to offer to boost. However, lmao, he's salty as fuck. He literally friend requested to message, "Bro get off the game. I'm tired of you wasting my time". As I'm typing this we got matched up again, lmfao. QQ more TheOneThatCanSee.

Tekehu is the first companion in PoE II that I got the highest affinity with for some reason, and I read somewhere that romances are possible with some of the companions in the game, so I guess that means I'm doing a shark boi. Christ, and I didn't even want to bring him along at first. I don't even know who I'd want to romance. Maybe only Aloth for the shit of it, because other than that I don't really find anyone that appealing. Fish boi, at least treat me right.

Crusader Kings II, I don't want to say I murder kids in it, because I did not murder kids. It was just one kid and it was finally accepting the fact that I wasn't going to become a saint because I was greedy despite being holier than the pope, virtuous, crusader in TWO Crusades for the same damn place, like seriously fucking holy as fuck man. And then like, I killed that kid that cannot be traced back to me after I sent him flying, for some land that I was going to inherit and didn't want him to get some non-me person to inherit it. Now some other land is going to someone else that isn't me, passing my inheritance law thing and now I need to kill some old ass fool. I think this one's family by marriage. But basically, I'm killing in the name of a greater Norway/Ireland, but I own like one province in what should be present-day Norway and all of Ireland. And Greenland.

I really hope killing that old man doesn't make me a kinslayer.

Crusader Kings II, I don't want to say I murder kids in it, because I did not murder kids. It was just one kid and it was finally accepting the fact that I wasn't going to become a saint because I was greedy despite being holier than the pope, virtuous, crusader in TWO Crusades for the same damn place, like seriously fucking holy as fuck man. And then like, I killed that kid that cannot be traced back to me after I sent him flying, for some land that I was going to inherit and didn't want him to get some non-me person to inherit it. Now some other land is going to someone else that isn't me, passing my inheritance law thing and now I need to kill some old ass fool. I think this one's family by marriage. But basically, I'm killing in the name of a greater Norway/Ireland, but I own like one province in what should be present-day Norway and all of Ireland. And Greenland.

I really hope killing that old man doesn't make me a kinslayer.

I captured a pregnant woman during a war and ransomed her back to her liege after the war was over. Problem was she gave birth while she was locked up so now I had this fucking kid that no one wants because he was a competitor for some random duchy and the rest of the noble family didn't want him.

Did I keep him locked up for 16 years? Oh fuck yeah.
Did I castrate him when he made it to adulthood? Duh.
Did I blind him later just for fun? Yeah. Yeah I did.
Did he spend the next 60 years of his life in my dungeon, blind and castrated, until he died of old age and he was long since forgotten by his family and homeland?

:dankface:

I just finished Dishonored and it's DLC and currently getting Dishonored 2 set up. I totally did not buy these games just so I could wreak havoc as Emily Kaldwin in Dishonored 2... *whistles*

Been kicking demon ass with my female Qunari mage in Dragon Age Inquisition. She's a bit of a sarcastic hardass and loves to make fun of other people's religious beliefs but also really cares for her friends (when no one's looking). Probably shouldn't have romanced Josephine though, bitch doesn't even have an approval meter. Should have gone with Sera or Iron Bull instead. Next time then.

Finished my replay of Resident Evil 3: Nemesis and all I can say is this needs a remake ASAP. There were a few things that drove me nuts, like having to press X to go up and down platforms (in Code:Veronica it's done automatically) and having to face a lock and navigate through to menu to use a key instead of just pressing X on the lock to get the key used.
That aside it was an enjoyable experience. I remember most of it (as expected from someone who finished it more than 30 times) but there were a few things I forgot

like going through the rooms in the hospital following a certain order so I could get the code I needed for the safe faster instead of running around like a headless chicken looking for something I had right next to me.
Also I was thinking during the playthrough that there was another map between the local park and the secret facility because it felt a bit jarring to move from one map to a completely different one, but it turned out there wasn't anything between both maps (aside of a rope bridge, lol).

GOG finally decided that well-received Heaven's Vault meets their exacting standards now-- unlike all the fucking waifu simulators and other shit-tier games that get added to the service on day one -- so I bought that. Time to pretend to be a linguist!

Should have gone with Sera or Iron Bull instead. Next time then.
You never go Sera. Trust me. I'm just cursing out the cowards at BioWare for refusing a Scout Harding romance.

You never go Sera. Trust me. I'm just cursing out the cowards at BioWare for refusing a Scout Harding romance.

It's a casual romance in the main game but IIRC that relationship is expanded upon in the Trespasser DLC. Why no Sera? I enjoy how you can never really read her, except when she expects you to dish out death sentences left and right lol.

I played Minecraft quite a while ago and I think it's pretty fun and cutesy for a game. However I'm still all new to the game itself so I don't know too many things about the game. Regardless of not knowing much it's fun and peaceful I think for a game and I rather enjoy it. I've been thinking I'd try playing Ōkami sometime down the line again/ Though I'm not sure when I'll get to it, but I like to again.

I bit the bullet and bought Prey and its DLC for 8 eurodollars. I had some in my Steam wallet already, so of course Valve would incentivise me to buy product on their storefront with store credit. Damn them.
Apparently, you can name islands in PoEII. Pff. Like I'm not going to name at least one "Majima".
I wish I could remember what I named my islands. I'm certain that there were least one Isle of Dread and one La Isla Bonita.

Actually spent a few hours playing video games yesterday. Dragon Ball Fighterz was on sale so I just went ahead and got it. It's a fun fighter that punishes button mashing, but isn't so complex that I feel like I need to play for hours to git gud enough for it to be fun. It's really flashy looking and the character interactions are fun for fans of the franchise.

Back