Magical Sempai

It's... Okay so far. It's reminding me a lot of Kaguya-sama in some ways and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Only difference being that Kaguya was longer. It's better than Ao-chan I guess...

It's reminding me a lot of Kaguya-sama in some ways and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Only difference being that Kaguya was longer.
Well, same magazine, and the authors are mutual fans having each drawn their own respective crossovers.
p20.png

It's... Okay so far. It's reminding me a lot of Kaguya-sama in some ways and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing. Only difference being that Kaguya was longer. It's better than Ao-chan I guess...

I can see that, although as someone who really, really enjoyed Kaguya-sama (enough that I started reading the manga because I just needed more of it), this isn't really in the same ballpark of quality, and the ecchi stuff holds it back. Still, the first episode was genuinely amusing enough to make me chuckle, and I enjoyed that aspect, so I'll keep watching despite not really being into shows that have an emphasis on ecchi.

Episode 1:
I like the senpai's character. I feel bad for the male MC though; He's forced to go along with her spoofs and bad tricks. Well, it did make me chuckle. Hopefully the ecchi doesn't way it down too much.

Hm...

Kohaku and Eita fumbling through failed magic tricks and upskirts for 12 minutes.

I didn't laugh, but I almost chuckled. Lightly.

I"ll be back for the second episode, at least.
That's whom I was thinking of too!

All right...
The "long and hard" gag--wherein the next frame has him holding a yardstick--was incredibly clever. Maybe a touch too subtle, but definitely clever.

Otherwise, they're not putting much effort into making this feel like anything but a straight-up comic strip adaptation, which makes me wonder what I'm getting from watching the anime version. (Well, other than a couple of voice actors I like.)

But some of the lines made me laugh, so...we'll see if next week wins me over or leaves me disinclined to continue.

Back