What made or ruined your day?

WMMD?

Got way too many compliments on my customer service skills and even personality from customers today. People telling me I'm funny/my lane is the fastest in the front end ect. I don't love bragging about stuff but I very very rarely am ever complimented so this is just strange.

It's scary. Praise is the way to my heart so I'm starting to think people are trying to brainwash me into staying a cashier forever since I'm apparently so good at shoving things across a table while seeming like a functioning human. This is the end. If you don't hear from me in a year please check the walmart in Spokane, I've probably become a charismatic brainslave to the corporate overlords

WMMD?

Got way too many compliments on my customer service skills and even personality from customers today. People telling me I'm funny/my lane is the fastest in the front end ect. I don't love bragging about stuff but I very very rarely am ever complimented so this is just strange.

It's scary. Praise is the way to my heart so I'm starting to think people are trying to brainwash me into staying a cashier forever since I'm apparently so good at shoving things across a table while seeming like a functioning human. This is the end. If you don't hear from me in a year please check the walmart in Spokane, I've probably become a charismatic brainslave to the corporate overlords

It's nice to see you're having a positive experience with your job even if it's customer service because we're quite a doom and gloom bunch about jobs here lol

I'd say, it practically almost feels even better when a stranger compliments you because they don't know who you really are too well, so good going there.

WRMD: When I told the store I could work Saturdays, I was banking on management's greed and consistent love for cutting hours. I thought I'd only be on maybe once or twice a month, because Saturdays bleed into Sundays and I work at the bank on Sundays, so it's essentially a 24 hour shift. Came in today to check the schedule and they have me on tomorrow for the seventh consecutive Saturday, meaning I haven't had a day off in seven weeks. But if I don't put the availability down, they could cut my position, so...fuck.

Basically I need a break and ain't no one got time for that.

Dude, I'm worried about you. Get some time off man. :/

It's nice to see you're having a positive experience with your job even if it's customer service because we're quite a doom and gloom bunch about jobs here lol

I'd say, it practically almost feels even better when a stranger compliments you because they don't know who you really are too well, so good going there.
That's what I think too, it really is what gets me through my life is praise from others in a lot of ways. The way my brain works is similar where in some cases I'll have convinced myself that "they're just saying that because they know me" so it's nice for strangers to do it, for sure.

Then again, a vast majority of the people I know actually dislike me more the more they get to know me, so, that's something to think about...

I've horrified people with the amount I eat. Usually people at work because my friends know I am The Devourer. My hunk of shit metabolism though means I just pack it on, but 10 years of manual labor also means I'm built like an iron worker so I basically look like a middle-aged dad at 26. :/

WMMD: I had enough time to binge watch the entirety of Aggretsuko S2 today before my shift. Holy crap I haven't watched TV for three hours in ages. That felt nice. Gonna head to the diner to get me a burger and head to work.
Yea, my family and friends have many names for me too :/
My metabolism doesn't really let me keep anything, I'm a skinny stick with noodle arms and people always mistake me for a teenager :/
So you don't want to be America.

And now I'm learned! I can now clump all them non-Irish states into non-Irish blob with Ireland on the side.
Not really, no. I'm relatively happy even with the constant hunger :/

Indeed, also means you won't get bet if you ever visit the Emerald Isle...

Dude, I'm worried about you. Get some time off man. :/

My friends IRL say the same thing :crying:
I'm trying but I can confidently and unironically say that without me both of my work crews would be screwed on any given day. Plus student loans from my aborted MPA...

Good thing is that I'm getting all 24 hours of my birthday off. No bank. No overnight. No freelance writing. Just me, a box of cigars, a bottle of whiskey, the summer sun, a newspaper, and a radio. I can't wait

WMMD: Got myself one of them iPhone thingies and it's rad as fuck. I feel like I'm living in the future with this big thing. Yaboi Franco's living large now, baby.

WRMD (sort of): Now if only I can figure out why the albums I'm placing on this new iPhone thingy split into individual songs...

I just think 5 guys is too many. Hard to feel the intimacy.

Not with that attitude.

WRMD: When I told the store I could work Saturdays, I was banking on management's greed and consistent love for cutting hours. I thought I'd only be on maybe once or twice a month, because Saturdays bleed into Sundays and I work at the bank on Sundays, so it's essentially a 24 hour shift. Came in today to check the schedule and they have me on tomorrow for the seventh consecutive Saturday, meaning I haven't had a day off in seven weeks. But if I don't put the availability down, they could cut my position, so...fuck.

Basically I need a break and ain't no one got time for that.

When I had two jobs this was a constant struggle. My second job promised me 10-15 hours a week and maybe not even that unless the full timers called off or took time. It was proven quite early on that they had no respect for that agreement or my primary schedule. I was told at the interview that the manager didn’t like seeing anyone at work more than two Saturdays in a row, and I was happy with that. But once things got rolling, I was scheduled pretty much every Saturday and Sunday for the 4 or so months I stayed there, plus two or three times a week. I never pulled in less than 20 hours there on top of my first job. I definitely wasn’t working as much as you seem to be, but I reached burnout quite fast. Never having a day off and leaving work just to go to work wore down on me. I really really hope something happens for you that allows you a break. Lord knows you need one.

WMMD: I knew someone in my town had a rooster, but I never actually noticed until this morning when it started to call. I love him.

I don't think I'll ever end up getting a smartphone. dumb flip phones 4 lyfe.

You're not truly hardcore unless you own one of these babies:

320px-DynaTAC8000X.jpg

Motorola DynaTAC is the only one true way of life.

Kind of a long story, so here goes. Warning, I have quite to unload. #WRMD

You see, back in like 2013 two of my friends met through me and they hit it off. She's from Cali, this other guy - more of an acquaintance at the time - worked with me at Walmart. So she comes over here, moves in with him, and have a kid together.

My gut had told me to not mention the guy's past: he was petty when his crush some time back didn't reciprocate his feelings, and was kind of a jerk. I could have told my friend from Cali about this guy's past, but he had been behaving as of late and wanted to see the best in him. Thinking, "Oh you know what? Maybe this girl changed him."

I was dead wrong. As it turns out, some time after they move in together, he starts neglecting her and cheating on her. Yet she can't move out because of reasons, and lives with him and her mother. From the way things have been going, she's been miserable. I was feeling guilty for not having told her a thing, so I confessed that he was always kind of an ass. And I brought it up repeatedly, because I was that guilty. She simply told me not to sweat it each time, as at least now she has a baby girl which has brought joy into her life. At some point, I start feeling at peace.

But today, on a Facebook update, I went on about how love still exists, and those who say men/women are trash merely met the wrong ones, as the right ones always deliver. Friend from Cali disagrees with me and it goes downhill from there. She felt I was judgmental on people who don't hold stuff in when I merely said I disliked those who spread their bitterness on those who don't deserve it. Like "Hey, I know your wife is awesome and all but that's not gonna last." Stuff like that. I even reiterated it later by telling her it's one thing to unload your burdens on a trustworthy friend, it's another thing entirely to take out your frustrations on people who don't deserve it.

Then I get sucker punched. "Oh you claim to be a good person but didn't warn me about [insert husband's name here]? Get off your self-righteous high horse." I'm paraphrasing here but that's basically what she said. I'll admit I've done many wrongs, but this? I thought she was over it. Despite telling me not to worry about it, deep down, she still held that against me. That or she was just looking for ammunition to fire back at me during our discussion. But they're both equally bad.

What did I learn from this? Forgiveness is hard to achieve. There's people I find hard to forgive, but in the meantime I just don't talk to them. There's simply no love there. And, well, people can't just say "I forgive you" and move on. It's more complicated than that. And today I was on the receiving end of it. As badly as I felt from her choice words, I realized I was naive to think I could be forgiven that easily. I just wish she had been more honest about it from the start.

Back