Unpopular Anime Opinions

Maybe this is just me, but when it comes to anime horror I'm more about what actually happens to the characters rather than how it looks. That's why something like
1997 Berserk's ending really gets to me (that show is not horror on a whole, but the finale is). It's not about the artstyle or how well animated it is. It's about the content.
That's what I get out of horror anime at least.
I dunno. In an animated medium, the visuals are the most important, and that includes what's presented sure, but without good visuals it's pretty meaningless. Why not just have a written creepypasta in that case? Animated horror is either really pretty/well presented or it's just lame, for me. Probably why mononoke is one of my favorites. It has the spooks and the creeps but it's amazing to look at and the visuals are the closest animated horror has ever gotten to its true potential.

I dunno. In an animated medium, the visuals are the most important, and that includes what's presented sure, but without good visuals it's pretty meaningless. Why not just have a written creepypasta in that case? Animated horror is either really pretty/well presented or it's just lame, for me. Probably why mononoke is one of my favorites. It has the spooks and the creeps but it's amazing to look at and the visuals are the closest animated horror has ever gotten to its true potential.

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. I guess it just doesn't matter as much to me.
*edit* Also, don't forget about sound. Say about Higurashi's animation what you want, but that soundtrack is fantastic in my eyes.

I wouldn't use the word goofy, but I get what you're saying. The animation is notoriously creepy. Give it a shot. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Let's just say this isn't the creepiest looking guy ever
shiki-3136-8.jpg

I think Overlord is a very overrated anime. I got bored halfway through the first season, and I haven't watched any of the other seasons. I never felt any tension or reason to care for Ainz or his friends. They're all the most powerful beings in his world already. There are no tough challenges to surpass or anything like that. The concept of taking over a land should've been a very easy one to cover. There are already some very good conquest stories out there. They could've taken examples from any of them, and yet they still managed to fuck it up. Ainz isn't a likable character and half the time I want him to lose. The way they beat every single rival with "oh Ainz is just too powerful" is almost as bad as some 12 year old's Sonic fan fiction.
I've heard the LN is pretty good because it focuses more on the world building (something the anime barely did), but I'm honestly just not feeling any desire to read it. The anime already sucked out any hopes I had for this story being good.

Feel free to debate me. And just to be clear, this is my personal opinion. If you like Overlord, good for you!

Maybe this is just me, but when it comes to anime horror I'm more about what actually happens to the characters rather than how it looks. That's why something like
1997 Berserk's ending really gets to me (that show is not horror on a whole, but the finale is). It's not about the artstyle or how well animated it is. It's about the content.
That's what I get out of horror anime at least.

Yet it still pales in comparison of Berserk 2016/2017's animation. That's the very definition of true horror

I don't think anyone thinks SAO is the worst. Just that negative opinions of it got magnified because it was so popular when it first aired. Seemed like anyone barely cared about it when all the other seasons aired so I'd say it all balanced out in the end.

The only thing that annoys me about the SAO franchise is the author's constant use of sexual assault. At least he's fairly admitted how horrible it is. That takes balls to do for an author.

The only thing that annoys me about the SAO franchise is the author's constant use of sexual assault. At least he's fairly admitted how horrible it is. That takes balls to do for an author.

It's a too common problem in media. Some authors think the only non-fatal peril you can put women in is sexual assault. It's not that sexual assault is a terrible story telling device, but it's almost always used to make us cheer on the main male character to grow and save the victim leaving the female character in a powerless position.

UAO: I don't think SAO is as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, SAO is bad, but I've seen far worse stuff lol
4d5.jpg

SAO is the worst anime of our entire generation and all the other generations with anime in it. SAO is so bad, I took a massive shit on my bed this morning, and even it looked better than SAO. SAO is so shallow you couldn't drown a flea in it. SAO is so incompetent it couldn't even beat my paraplegic crippled brother in a cats cradle competition. Its so lacking in complexity, cavemen used to use the blu ray copies to fashion cave doors. motherfucking mark zuckerburg doesn't want personal information on SAO, that's how boring it is.

4d5.jpg

SAO is the worst anime of our entire generation and all the other generations with anime in it. SAO is so bad, I took a massive shit on my bed this morning, and even it looked better than SAO. SAO is so shallow you couldn't drown a flea in it. SAO is so incompetent it couldn't even beat my paraplegic crippled brother in a cats cradle competition. Its so lacking in complexity, cavemen used to use the blu ray copies to fashion cave doors. motherfucking mark zuckerburg doesn't want personal information on SAO, that's how boring it is.
anigif_enhanced-6732-1422551428-2.gif

UAO: I don't think SAO is as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, SAO is bad, but I've seen far worse stuff lol
I'm actually ok with SAO. Story is a roller-coaster, damsel in distress stuff is annoying, as @Gens pointed out BUT I actually quite like the premise of having fully immersive games combined with Lord of the Flies type thing. With this latest season they actually throw in some moral dilemmas into the mix (and then bury it with useless things but oh well)

Charlotte...

Alright, I actually like this anime but it's very weird in the fact that I also hate it with a burning passion because it has THAT ending anyone who has watched it knows what I am talking about it was so anti-climatic and super lazy in my opinion.

I am ready to be burned alive I believe My Hero Academia isn't THAT good to me like it's not BAD by all means but from what I have seen the whole show felt super dragged out at some parts especially in the tournament arc.

If I am not in the flames yet Naruto the humor was so dry and made me cringe so badly the fights were fine I didn't care for ANY of the mains legit I only cared about Hinata because SHE'S SO TIMID I was told to get to episode 100 before dropping it but...sitting through THAT many episodes when I am not enjoying it already seemed completely stupid to me I understand the show is nostalgia for some but to me it's just a cringefest with some fighting thrown in.

Back