Deep, Dark Fears

Oceans are freaky just because we still don't have a clear idea of what is living down there. It's mostly unexplored territory.

Bobbit worms are seriously fucking terrifying on the ocean floor:

giphy.gif

That's what you think, but who knows if that fish isn't actually a giant?
Most of the deep sea fish are still pretty normal in size. Kleiber's rule, Bergmann's rule and genetic mutation play a part in them getting bigger. As well as being left alone in the deep for hundreds of years.
I mean look at these guys
Fangtooth.jpg

Fangtooth
Anglerfish.jpg

Deep sea Anglerfish
Viperfish.jpg

Viperfish
Fanfin-Sea-Devil.jpg

Fanfin sea devil
Deep-Sea-Hatchetfish.jpg

Deep sea Hatchetfish

They all grow to between 5-12inches usually and feed on plankton or small fish. Features are just for show mostly.

But then you have these little cuties too
Coffinfish.jpg

Coffin fish
Dumbo-Octopus-1.jpg

Dumbo octopus
Blue-Ringed-Octopus.jpg

Blue ringed octopus

Even the oceans, man. Rogue waves or choppy seas? No thank you. Even the water itself is trying to kill you. It's pretty to look at but I'll stick to the shore, thanks.

Oceans are freaky just because we still don't have a clear idea of what is living down there. It's mostly unexplored territory.

I tried to post this fourteen frickin times last night, but I guess it doesn't work from a phone.

As I was trying to say...

"Ya'll mentioned oceans?"

8Sm8_OvAWipjRM8wo_-FWrQz_27dcfyOc3xeEy57SzQ.jpg

*shivers*

I tried to post this fourteen frickin times last night, but I guess it doesn't work from a phone.

As I was trying to say...

"Ya'll mentioned oceans?"

8Sm8_OvAWipjRM8wo_-FWrQz_27dcfyOc3xeEy57SzQ.jpg

*shivers*
Pretty sure that's part of a kelp forest. One of the best places to go scuba diving of aqua fauna other than a reef.
Damn, I hope I get to go sometime :love:
Though I'm assuming no one here would be my dive buddy? XP
I like to imagine that's like the tiny proboscis of a huge, buff, evil demon who sleeps just beneath the surface.

ADORABLE! I LOVE THESE THINGS UNIRONICALLY. Octopi are amazing :D
:love:
Octopuses are amazing and extremely intelligent. Can be the bane of fishermen though when they get into their lobster pots :/

ADORABLE! I LOVE THESE THINGS UNIRONICALLY. Octopi are amazing :D
:love:

A pity that octopus in particular can kill you in a pretty horrible way

That octopus injects a toxin on their prey/target that completely paralyzes them but keeps them conscious. In other words, you won't be able to move, talk, and breath at all but you will be completely awake until you die of suffocation

That octopus injects a toxin on their prey/target that completely paralyzes them but keeps them conscious. In other words, you won't be able to move, talk, and breath at all but you will be completely awake until you die of suffocation
I know isn't it awesome

I dunno man, is that worse than having a lion hanging off your throat? A jaguar ripping you to pieces or a gibbon literally eating you alive after it's beaten you half to death? Having your skull smashed in by a gorilla, or getting caught in a crocodiles death roll? Being swallowed alive while paralysed by a giant snake? Being killed by literally any venom?

The point is, all death by animal is probably going to be pretty bad.

Last edited:
Back