Daily Manga Thoughts 2: The Return

DMT: Full-colour Chinese and Korean webcomics make manga look so dull in comparison, even though I don't want manga to ever be in full-colour because it'd mean mangaka overworking themselves even more lol.

I wanna say somthing about the manga "Tsubaki-chou Lonely Planet "

52766842_2154779184580198_2247521455027781632_n.jpg

DMT: Full-colour Chinese and Korean webcomics make manga look so dull in comparison, even though I don't want manga to ever be in full-colour because it'd mean mangaka overworking themselves even more lol.
I think that greatly depends. I've yet to find a colored manhwa that pulls off the sheer artistic depth that many manga do. A lot of Manhwa are really fond of plain backgrounds Kubo style, and the character designs are often... smooth in a way that's not always that great, a critique including a lot of the special effects often seeming to rely on color more than anything.
It's not really manga that has given me that impression, though. I've spent over a decade reading western webcomics every single day and, well, even the best colored manhwa starts looking really dull when Minna Sundberg enters your life.

d m t: I really liked aoharu x kikanjuu when it aired back in 2015, so much so that I waited FOUR GODDAMN YEARS for the manga to accumulate more chapters and now, present day, I’m about 29 chapters deep out of about sixty or so, and I’m slowly starting to feel like it was worth the obnoxious wait.

d m t: thinking about resuming where I left off in haikyuu, I’m a solid 140 chapters behind. it’s been a while (two and a half years exactly) since I was up to date on everything though and now I’m trying to decide if I want to bother rereading everything or just wing it and continue where I left off.

edit: also apparently ace of diamond has been completed this whole time and I had no idea??? what the fuck. I’ve been meaning to get back into it. I really need to read the whole thing because I enjoyed the anime a lot.

also, sorry for the double post.

Last edited:
DMT: I've started combing through my local library system's catalog for older manga to check out and it's been fun to just read random volumes of series I know nothing about that were invariably published by Tokyopop between 2004-2007. I've not found anything that's mindblowingly exciting to read or anything yet and I expect I probably won't, but it's been nice to broaden my reading a bit.

(Can't believe some of these books have made it through 10+ years in a library, though, that might be an actual miracle)

d m t: started ace of the diamond and I forgot how much I was infatuated with Miyuki Kazuya and it’s extremely unfair to be reminded of that and rekindle that infatuation

what have i done

DMT: He Didn't Want to be the Center of Attention, Hence, After Defeating the Demon Lord, He Became a Guild Master has a MC named Dick Silver. DICK SILVER. That's why I'm reading it, despite the trend of long, explanatory titles.

DMT: He Didn't Want to be the Center of Attention, Hence, After Defeating the Demon Lord, He Became a Guild Master has a MC named Dick Silver. DICK SILVER. That's why I'm reading it, despite the trend of long, explanatory titles.
Thank you for alerting me to this, he now has his rightful place on this list, lol.

DMT: I'm reading 10 Dance at the moment and it's really a shame there's not all that much ballroom dancing romance manga bc it's such a great setup for a good slow burn romance. You get the closeness and the long practices AND the plausible deniability of "oh, we're just acting out a role in this dance and definitely not falling in love", it's a classic.

(Also if you search manga on here by the dancing tag, there is some truly horrifying anatomy to be found, why are those poor fictional ballerinas being tortured so?)

d m t: twitter telling me that shokugeki no suck is ending brings me so much joy. shit deserves to end after that last arc. still dont know what the fuck that was but its made a fool of itself enough already. bye felicia

d m t: twitter telling me that shokugeki no suck is ending brings me so much joy. shit deserves to end after that last arc. still dont know what the fuck that was but its made a fool of itself enough already. bye felicia
It's not a surprise, it's been struggling in reader surveys and sales for months now, and yeah it probably should've been taken out behind the shed after the Central arc.

I still think Food Wars is a quality manga overall, but no denying the last arc was pretty subpar and shat its pants a bit. Pretty reminiscent of when Bleach went downhill, I think FW just ran out of ideas and would've been better off ending an arc earlier.

Back